Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Inc. melee QQ

Caster range should never have been able to get to 40 yards.

Most if not all casters have a slow now and its easy to completely outrange any melee (yes, even warriors). Stick to 30 yards. 5 yards is enough cushion. 15 yards is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sterkrazzy View Post
    so you like running in 20 yards every time you need to drop searing?
    Do I like having borked totem mechanics (battle cost, limited range, AI, ect.)?
    Do I like not getting our class overhaul in vanilla?
    Do I like that we got a poor polymorph when Mages got a fully functioning Heroism?
    Do I like that DKs got half of their abilities from our spellbook?
    Do I like that everyone else got their big cooldowns lowered while ours is still big?
    Do I like that our Elementals require us to give up a totem while other non-permanent pets don't (have a drawback)?
    Do I like that our Elementals can't move while other non-permanent pets can?

No, but it builds character.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2010-10-29 at 07:03 PM.

BUT he is fucking right. lol

I don't understand when they tell us everyone is supposed to be the same but then not follow thru on their own plans (like these clowns really have one)
    I thought that is why they are screwing half the builds and talents to make sure we are ALL the same.
    Same spells and skills and 100% f'd over.

so why do we have the shortest range?
    shouldn't we be the same as everyone else?

hell don't u remember having less base health than ANY other class.
    they fixed that and it only took 3 years so give them a chance.
    remember that the 3 years I am talking about here is the time for them to listen to us and give a damn.
    it was a 1 minute fix. so it was 2 years 364 days 23 hours and 59 minutes.
    Last edited by sparks; 2010-10-29 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    Personally, I believe that Elemental Shamans have the shortest range of all casters because they equip Mail armor, whereas the other classes equip Cloth or Leather armor. The difference between this used to be much more signicifant, but it doesn't take away the fact that Mail armor still protects better against physical attacks then Cloth or Leather armor, which would explain the reason why Elemental Shamans have less range.

But, if Elemental Shamans really turn out to have survivability issues because they have less range, then I believe Blizzard will fix it... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by LastBlood View Post
    Elemental is stuck at 30 yards baseline spells because unlike druids, Enhancement and Elemental share quite a few spells. If you buff the spells too much baseline, then Enhancement runs the risk of becoming either too good, or too caster-like.
    I like your thinking, but enhancement shamans avoid hard-casting those spells because the DPS return is poor, an extra 10 yards of distance wouldn't make much of a difference there I don't think.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

wtb floating totems to follow me around

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkmurphy View Post
    Gief Totem Launcher, like the Hunters trap launcher so that we can shoot searing totem at a boss from range..
    Shamans don't have bows so they would have to throw it but I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Personally, I believe that Elemental Shamans have the shortest range of all casters because they equip Mail armor, whereas the other classes equip Cloth or Leather armor. The difference between this used to be much more signicifant, but it doesn't take away the fact that Mail armor still protects better against physical attacks then Cloth or Leather armor, which would explain the reason why Elemental Shamans have less range.

But, if Elemental Shamans really turn out to have survivability issues because they have less range, then I believe Blizzard will fix it... eventually.
    Moonkin Form.

I have to agree with many of the others, until Searing Totem can be effective from further than 20 yards away, I really don't care if all my other spells have a thousand yard range. I still have to be within 20 yards to do the most dps I can do.

since when does anybody care about the opinion of a single individual in the internet?... so whats to point of "My blah" and "i dont linke blubb" threads anyways?

even if you dont like it, theres at least 3 other people who think the exact opposite what you think -every friggin time- ! just how hard is it to think for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by S0V3R31GN View Post
    Shamans don't have bows so they would have to throw it but I like this idea.
    I can see it right now, a shaman hurling totems all around the place, that's epic.

But pvp geeks would definetly go apedoodoo about this, throwing an earthbind totem? NO WAI, they would say...
    Quote Originally Posted by chad3d
    PuG's are basically a band of mercenaries looking after their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh
    Oh an also one that has bugged me ever since i started playing wow - DING it makes no logical sense, the sound sis not ding, the animation is not ding, you did not ding in anyway shape or form apart from your mind.
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one"

I'm not sure what there is to complain about when you can get the talent very easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post

Do remember that Enhancement shammies use Lightning Bolt (and other spells through Maelstrom Weapon) every now and then, and a melee class with a 40yard range spell (that they use fairly often) would probably be considered quite OP by the players.
    except enhancement shamans have to be within melee range to get the maelstorm stacks in the first place. also what kind of a retard enhancement shaman would fight from 40 yards away. i play enhance, give me a 100 yard range on my lightning bolt and i'll still stand 3-5 yards away so the other 95% of my abilities can actually be used. I don't see how adding 10 yards to the range of a couple spells of a melee class is going to make them OP. if you want to argue that it might be situationally effective in PVP then fine, but like i said. you still have to get to melee range in order to have the maelstorm buff that makes it worth the effort to cast a LB or Chain lightning in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I'm not sure what there is to complain about when you can get the talent very easily...

And what talent would that be? Increased range on LB, CL and LvB as well as Shocks?? Ok, how does that help your searing totem? You cant get the improved range on that until 85 and even then its to 26 yards, not 40. Your point was what again......

15+ Year Old Account
    man, cry more about this ranged thing. i was sniping people as elemental in Vanilla, giving extra range isn't going to change that.

oh noes, im short on some range, we may not kill this boss tonight because our elemental shaman isn't perfectly equal in range to our other casters, call the raid.

i mean, what is the point of these threads, really. crying just for the sake of crying, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    And what talent would that be? Increased range on LB, CL and LvB as well as Shocks?? Ok, how does that help your searing totem? You cant get the improved range on that until 85 and even then its to 26 yards, not 40. Your point was what again......
    Searing totem having a limited range is obviously designed with pvp in mind and won't get changed with that in mind any time soon. My point was you can still get your increased range for other abilities, so bitching about having to spec for it or get it via your spec is kind of useless. You guys just need to get over that searing totem having the same range as other abilities would be overpowered for pvp and deal with it in pve.

What all of you guys seem to be forgetting is that YOU DONT HAVE TO STAND AT 40 YARDS TO DO DPS! You can happily stand at 20 yards from the boss for the whole fight, and your searing totems will have no problem at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coredumperror View Post
    What all of you guys seem to be forgetting is that YOU DONT HAVE TO STAND AT 40 YARDS TO DO DPS! You can happily stand at 20 yards from the boss for the whole fight, and your searing totems will have no problem at all.
    Dunno ... there are quite a few encounters where the boss get's kited around ... "Oh noes, boss is again out of totem range, redrop!"
    Or phases where the boss is more than 20 (26) yards away... ranged camp stuff, ae effects, movement stuff .. there are enough examples

you sure don't have to stand at 40 yards, but that little number-swap would make a huge quality-of-life difference for eles

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Searing totem having a limited range is obviously designed with pvp in mind and won't get changed with that in mind any time soon. My point was you can still get your increased range for other abilities, so bitching about having to spec for it or get it via your spec is kind of useless. You guys just need to get over that searing totem having the same range as other abilities would be overpowered for pvp and deal with it in pve.
    Searing does minimal damage in PvP, and with the increase of health pools in Cata your theory is incorrect. Take a Mages Water Elemental for example. It does more damage than a searing totem and has a 45 yard range, so how exactly would searings range be OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by coredumperror View Post
    Youre correct, and there is not a single fight currently (ICC or RS) that you cant stand in range and get full benefit outside of maybe PP. The point isnt that you dont have to, its why should you be forced to take ranged increasing talents and be unable to use them? It would be nice to be able to use all your talents equally, as of right now were the only class that cant. I dont mind redropping my totem if a boss moves now, it doesnt hurt my DPS really at all, especially with being able to use some abilities on the move but the point is we shouldnt have to, no one else does, and you cant say "Youre a hybrid, deal with it" since that point of view is now invalid.

Shaman need a wrist-mounted Totem launcher :P

And to be able to sling Magma Totem across their back and use it as a jetpack.