Thread: Realestate

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Realestate

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE new useful spells to play with but in all seriousness...where the heck do i put them? I have spells I need bound to F1-F9, 1-9, and Q-O and 1 to my mouse's extra button. I don't know about but I am running out of button space within efficient range of my fingers. Anyone have method or setup that might help? Duel-purpose macros?

10+ Year Old Account
    remap whole left side of keyboard to needed buttons, i find in a line with 5 to be confortable finger range for me.

also modified macros, easier to find on interwebs.
    Last edited by lobbe; 2010-10-28 at 10:04 PM. Reason: side fail.
    Chow is my love monkey.

try control + key. and voila, you just doubled your keybind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    This

15+ Year Old Account
    I never understood how Ctrl+ has ever been useful. its way off in the bottom corners. My pinky doesn't bend that way
    Last edited by Verzerrung; 2010-10-28 at 10:27 PM.

Shift and alt also works(beware , shift+number is for changing action bar, but tis meh). Also macros can do job.
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr View Post
    I never understood how Ctrl+ has ever been useful. its way off in the bottom corners. My pinky doesn't bend that way
    You have small hands or a big honky keyboard.

If you use an addon like Clique you can bind a number of your heals directly to your mouse to free up space.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

You can do that without Clique just as easily. Not sure why you'd need it.

Oh and uh... well my main hot-keys are on 1-9, /, *, -, +, ., Home, End, PgUP, PgDN, [, \, \, 0, - and = all with Shift, CTRL, or ALT modifiers, then 8 more on my mouse. If anything I run out of purposes for keybinds, instead of running out of keybinds.

ps: Lefties rule.

Don't use your finger, try this part of your left hand (hard to describe, and the picture is the right hand) :

Last edited by phoenixia; 2010-10-28 at 11:18 PM. Reason: wrong pic

1-5, Q, E, X, Control 1-5, Ctrl Q, Ctrl E, Shift 1-5, Shift Q, Shift E, Shift X, F1, F2, F3.
    Ctrl Shift Mousewheel is going to be my Inner Fire/Will swapping, but I haven't found a key that I like for Leap of Faith yet. Probably trying Ctrl X.
    I also keep my hostile spells in [harm] macros to my healing spells.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

aside from the ones mentioned before i also use Z X C V F and G plus shift/ctrl if needed
    i found that z x and c i barely use so i just stuck them to NUM 1 2 and 3. 3 being the char pane. easy acces from mouse hand.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

1-5
    alt+1-5
    F1-F12
    alt+F1-F3 (Careful)
    R, shift+R
    F, shift+F
    Shift+space
    alt+` (The key to the left of the 1 key)
    shift+z,x,c

Just mine, all I really need for PvE and PvP. Macroing skills also helps cut back on keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    You can do that without Clique just as easily. Not sure why you'd need it.

Oh and uh... well my main hot-keys are on 1-9, /, *, -, +, ., Home, End, PgUP, PgDN, [, \, \, 0, - and = all with Shift, CTRL, or ALT modifiers, then 8 more on my mouse. If anything I run out of purposes for keybinds, instead of running out of keybinds.

ps: Lefties rule.
    You actually set your keyboard/mouse up for lefties? Growing up in a home where I was the only leftie in the house, I never got to try that setup. I'm sure it would feel weird :P (Same thing with scissors ._.)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't use your finger, try this part of your left hand (hard to describe, and the picture is the right hand) :

My hands are too big.

When i hold down the W that part of my hand is literally off of my keyboard.

And if i try to move it inward, my fingers curl up so much i would be pressing W with my nail or ..errm what's that part called, my joint i guess.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

My keybinds, yes, but I actually prefer my mouse to be set up for a righty, but use my left hand. I left click with my middle-finger instead of my index finger. Ambidextrous mouse FTW. For my keyboard I specifically bought one that had as many buttons as possible in reach on the right side. It helps that I have fairly large hands. I can touch my L and Num+ keys at the same time comfortably.

Oh and I have lefty scissors too. Also win.

Shift+keybind is also usually easier to hit than ctrl or alt. When making a keybind just hit shift+ the key you want to bind, you don't need to make a macro. But also you can create macros that use multiple modifiers, (1, shift+1, ctrl+1, alt+1) essentially making your 1 key doing 4 things.

Look to the official class forums for macros to help your class, or just google/wiki it.

Also i use a razor naga, so my thumb is 12 buttons.
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    You have small hands or a big honky keyboard.
    This would depend on what keys i use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clique:

Holy

Left Click: Renew
    Right Click: Flash Heal
    Ctrl + L Click: ProM
    Ctrl + R Click: Binding Heal
    Alt + L Click: Dispel Magic
    Alt + R Click: Cure Disease
    Ctrl + Alt + L Click: Circle of Heling
    Middle (Mouse) Button: Guardian Spirit

Shift + L Click: Target player/unit
    Shift + R Click: Not used....perhaps Prayer of Healing should go here.
    Shift + Space: Every Man for Himself, of course.

edit: This was for Wrath, more or less. I'll need to change this around come Cata, for example L Click = Heal and so on.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-10-29 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colphus
    Also i use a razor naga, so my thumb is 12 buttons.
    Same! I wouldn't be able to play with keyboard macros >_< The only keys I use are Ctrl and the "3" and "4" keys

It's just easier to use your thumb. :P
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin