Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Balancing is being done for L85, not for L80 or lower. Since paladins are missing one of their two AOEs at L80 you have to expect that their single target is still going to outperform.

The discrepancy should be far smaller at 85.

I'm guessing this is because your Paladin friend had a moment where everything lined up correctly. Wings, trinkets, and maybe the 5% buff from a random, plus maybe some sort of mechanic that buffed his healing that pushed him to a 25k crit. So now he just brags that he 'gets 25k crits with Divine Light" even though in actuality it's likely around 16-18k for a level 79. Maybe a bit higher, who knows. It's just like what you see on trade all the time. Someone will go do twins in ToC, or XT in Ulduar with a massive damage buff, pull 23k DPS, and then brag on trade "23k DPS Mage LFG ICC" or something ridiculous, even though it was a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    I'm guessing this is because your Paladin friend had a moment where everything lined up correctly. Wings, trinkets, and maybe the 5% buff from a random, plus maybe some sort of mechanic that buffed his healing that pushed him to a 25k crit. So now he just brags that he 'gets 25k crits with Divine Light" even though in actuality it's likely around 16-18k for a level 79. Maybe a bit higher, who knows. It's just like what you see on trade all the time. Someone will go do twins in ToC, or XT in Ulduar with a massive damage buff, pull 23k DPS, and then brag on trade "23k DPS Mage LFG ICC" or something ridiculous, even though it was a one time thing.
    No, I can back him up, I can stand in ogrimmar self buffed and crit for over 23k for roughly the same SP, however my crit% is really low so it takes a lot of cast for me to crit. At the same time I don't think its really fair to compare that heal to GH, since you have to look at the whole picture. I still see holy pallies and OP tanks healers though, at this level anyway.

The singletarget heals of the paladin are quite stronger then the equivalent heals of the priest.

For example "heal" heals for about 6500 (lvl 85, ilvl 346) while holy light heals for roughly 8500 (same gearlvl).
    Greater heal heals for 19000 or something, divine light for 22000.

At first i was shocked myself but then i thought about the fact that we can have a free renew rolling on the tank and a PoM bouncing around in grp. So i guess it's fair if you look at the whole picture.

But it seems that our playstyle requires much more thought to compete with the simplicity of the paladin. This doesn't have to be a bad thing (i like to play a interesting class)and i think we're used to it from wotlk

That's what I pretty much was thinking Bagag. Still new to holy pally but it feels I have so much more tools at keeping a tank alive than a priest though. But on the other end, I feel as a priest I have so much more tools at keeping a group alive