10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.

Cataclysm Exotic Pets

Ello all.

as some of you may know, there had been a few new pet families in cataclysm, but only one new exotic family (Shale Spider), and with its BoK buff...its Tenacity. I'm just wondering if they'll release some new exotic Cunning and Ferocity pets...here's an idea.

Diemetradon- Ferocity Exotic
    Goring Bite- The diemetradon gores the enemy with its teeth, increasing physical damage done to the target by 4%
    Jurassic Fury- The diemetradon roars, increasing Strength, Agility, Intellect, and Stamina by 5%

Pterrodax- Cunning Exotic
    Aerial Strike- The pterrodax claws the enemy from above, reducing all healing done to the target by 10%
    Furious Shriek- The pterrodax emits an ear-splitting shriek, reducing the physical damage caused by all enemies within 8 yards by 10% for 10 sec.

What do you guys think?

Edited: Gave up on finding pet abilities that aren't implemented with other families.
    Last edited by BM-Hunter; 2010-10-31 at 03:45 AM.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

I don't think they should give BM the marks and survival buffs tbh.

If dragons could be exotic pet I would so roll an Hunter and and zerg the world of azeroth..muhahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollslaughter View Post
    If dragons could be exotic pet I would so roll an Hunter and and zerg the world of azeroth..muhahaha
    i'd then tame Deathwing and own you and your dragon. mwahahahaha

OP: We already have access to two dinosaur pets (raptor/devilsaur) so I would prefer something a bit more unique... Zevras(sp?), giraffes, hippogryphs, talbuks, basilisks.. There are a ton of unused family types already in the game that would make nice additions to the stable ^^

I think the problem they are facing now is that all of the buffs/debuffs are pretty much covered at this point by 1-3 pets already, so adding more would mean either additional redundancies or creating new pet-only buffs/debuffs which kinda goes against the whole feeling I'm getting from them on their balance philosophy.

They should let us tame Deathwing temporarily if only to make up for that time when Warlocks could enslave Brutallus and slaughter everyone.

Those were good times.

the number of families are fine for me what we need are some more unique skin, like armored pet; the boar from razorfen or the wolf from the hellfire dungeons are good exemple they give me a real war like feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    OP: We already have access to two dinosaur pets (raptor/devilsaur) so I would prefer something a bit more unique... Zevras(sp?), giraffes, hippogryphs, talbuks, basilisks.. There are a ton of unused family types already in the game that would make nice additions to the stable ^^

I think the problem they are facing now is that all of the buffs/debuffs are pretty much covered at this point by 1-3 pets already, so adding more would mean either additional redundancies or creating new pet-only buffs/debuffs which kinda goes against the whole feeling I'm getting from them on their balance philosophy.
    have you noticed how many damn insect, bird and canine families there are?

i like the diemetradon idea, but i would replace its physical damage buff for something else, seems a bit OP.
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblerouser88 View Post
    i like the diemetradon idea, but i would replace its physical damage buff for something else, seems a bit OP.
    What?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55749

Fury Warriors and Assassination rogues also have this debuff.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Gryphons for Cunning, and Wyverns for Ferocity, and let us mount them at 150% speed!

That way Hunters would finally get their own mount which they deserve as the masters of beasts, and the two cool beasts as pets.
    Won't happen. Hunters are the only class that can tame their desired pets... they won't ever give a class mount to us. Paladins were Knights... that's why they got the horse - Warlocks could summon demons, that's why their mount is demon related.

Hunters can move and shoot their bow at the same time, we have a run speed increase buff, AND we get a pet that does damage and buffs... there's no way we'd EVER get mount like that at a run speed that's faster than everyone else's.

10+ Year Old Account
    another probable candidate for exotic ferocity pet are hydras...have you seen how many different skins they have? they'd make an excellent addition to the roster.

and a possible substitution for the pterrodax could be a family composed of hippogryphs, gryphons, and wyverns....perhaps called like Aerial Beasts or something.

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    I don't think they should give BM the marks and survival buffs tbh.
    thats a good idea actually...k, its been edited.
    Last edited by BM-Hunter; 2010-11-04 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    What?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55749

Fury Warriors and Assassination rogues also have this debuff.
    haha forgot about that....

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    another probable candidate for exotic ferocity pet are hydras...have you seen how many different skins they have? they'd make an excellent addition to the roster.

and a possible substitution for the pterrodax could be a family composed of hippogryphs, gryphons, and wyverns....perhaps called like Aerial Beasts or something.
    HELL YES! hydras would be so kickass to have as pets!
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblerouser88 View Post
    that ability is also already on a pet in the form of a Ravager:
    Ravage

but combining that with the kings buff from another exotic pet is a bit of overkill.

I like the idea of a basilisk giving the Arcane Intellect +Mana buff perhaps. How about one out of left field, change the phoenix npcs found in Magister's Terrace and The Eye to beasts and give them +8% Spell Damage and Battle Rez. Blizz have already allowed another extremely powerful ability be given to a pet in the form of Houndlust so why not? It would share a raid wide cooldown with druid's battle rez like normal but would allow a druidless raid to still have access to the ability.

Gryphons, Hypogryphs and the like could be lumped together with say +6% spellpower and Innervate?

c'mon blizz push the boundaries!

10+ Year Old Account
    a good pet idea:
    Hydra:
    Triple Thrash- The hydra thrashes the target with all its heads, increasing physical damage done to the target by 4% for 25 secs.
    -or-
    Tears at the enemy's armor with all three heads, reducing it by 4%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 30 sec.

Primordial Rage- Induces a friendly unit into a killing frenzy for 30 sec. The target is Enraged, which increases their melee and ranged haste by 20%, but causes them to lose health equal to 2% of their maximum health every 3 sec.
    Last edited by BM-Hunter; 2010-11-05 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kirnath View Post
    at a run speed that's faster than everyone else's.
    Pretty sure he was talking about flight speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright: Final revamp of the two new exotics.

Hydra
    Bite- Bite the enemy, causing [186 + (RAP * 0.40) *0.20] damage.
    Triple Thrash- The hydra strikes the target with all three heads, increasing physical damage taken by 4%
    Primordial Rage- Induces a friendly unit into a killing frenzy for 30 sec. The target is Enraged, which increases their melee and ranged haste by 20%, but causes them to lose health equal to 2% of their maximum health every 3 sec.

Aerial Beast
    Claw- Claw the enemy, causing [186 + (RAP * 0.40) *0.20] damage.
    Demoralizing Shriek- The aerial beast emits an ear-splitting shriek, reducing the physical damage caused by all enemies within 8 yards by 10% for 10 sec
    Aerial Slash- The aerial beast claws at an enemy from above, increasing the critical strike chance of all attacks made against that target by 3%