How to set it up?

I am buying a PC with a 30GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. What is the best way to set up the OS (W7), WoW, and Fraps?

Do I want to install and run the OS and WoW from the SSD and Fraps and anything else on the HDD?

If so, how do I set that up? If not, I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you for any help.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

I would install Win7 and WoW to SSD. The Fraps program on the SSD will take up marginal room, it doesnt matter. Make sure you set up fraps to record to the 1TB. You will fill the SSD fast and it would be a waste.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Install your operating system and the programs that you'd like to get the most speed out of on the SSD. I wouldn't put WoW on there as the bottleneck with WoW comes from networking, not from HDD speed so it would be a waste of 20gb for very minimal performance gain. Stick with just the OS and possibly fraps on there for now.

Im not 100% certain of this but i believe running Fraps off an SSD removes ALL performance defecits of running fraps while playing, aka if fraps is running off the SSD, it will not hinder your computers performance in the slightest.

TL;DR
    OS and Fraps on the SSD, WoW on the 1tb.

installing both OS and WoW on a 30gb SSD is a bad idea... it's simply to small imo :S in time you will get a storage problem since WoW keeps getting bigger and bigger... what is it on now? 15gb?... also windows 7 is around 7gb that makes u have 8gb free space... to me it sounds to little... also since windows will also get bigger and bigger with temp files and whatever streaming you do on the intahwebz.

So install OS on SSD and maybe fraps(storage on HDD) and rest of your programs on the HDD...

Quote Originally Posted by Damien36 View Post
    I am buying a PC with a 30GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. What is the best way to set up the OS (W7), WoW, and Fraps?

Do I want to install and run the OS and WoW from the SSD and Fraps and anything else on the HDD?

If so, how do I set that up? If not, I'm open to suggestions.
    First of all, if you can, get a 60/64 GB SSD instead, 30GB is just too small for Win7. And everybody saying "put windows + wow on ssd" are 100% wrong. You can not fit Win7 + WoW into 30GB SSD without raping the windows installation slimmer which will need some expertise. On totally default settings Win7 64bit HP comes out at 14GB size and current 4.01 WoW is 21GB.

So, the best way to sort out 30GB SSD + 1TB HDD is:

SSD: C drive, single 30GB parititon for Windows and most used programs
    HDD: D drive, 500GB parition for games and other junk. Install all non-essential stuff into d:\program files instead of c:\program files to save space from the tiny SSD
    HDD: E drive, 500GB partition where you put nothing except raw frapsed files. Just set fraps destination as e:\, try to keep the disc as empty as possible
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.