Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjandrum View Post
    Read the ZG source and original thread. The "Community" at its best...

I think the reason ZG is being changed is because it is an outside zone and a prime piece of levelling real-estate. I don't get the QQ about changing it; I guess never having been there and not having the patience to farm for mounts at 80 I don't really have any vested interests, but I don't understand - genuinely don't understand - why people get so worked up about these things. There will be other new stuff to farm for.

Although I suppose the guy on about "progression servers" has the best point these people have had in ages. Just too bad it's never going to happen.
    Exactly you have never been there so you really cant comment on it

In terms of overall raid design i personally think that it is the best raid layout throughout vanilla wow. Naxx doesnt even compare to the look of ZG.

All this stuff that they will be adding wont change the fact that they are removing possibly the best ground mount in game- The Tiger Mount. It just goes in the long list of mounts that blizzard has messed up by removing from the game

IE: Naxx mounts, Raptor/Tiger Mount, Amani Bear Mount(though the brown bear in wrath made up for this), black qiraji battle tank, flourescent green mechanostrider, etc, etc.

And honestly i really dont see the point of removing it RIGHT NOW, I mean cant that shit be done later on? If the area isnt going to be used than whats the point of removing the raid at this point in time(that point in time)

and lets not forget, for every good mount that was in the game blizzard replaces it with a crappier mount later on or a dozen mounts that look just like it only to be a slight change of color

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meintastic View Post
    Amani Bear Mount(though the brown bear in wrath made up for this)
    You can't possibly be serious. Anyway ppl have different tastes, to me the ZA bear is best looking in-game mount. I understand your frustrations, everyday i cry inside when i see the ZA bear.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeuwplanker View Post
    Savage Defense is massively overpowered on beta and has been dealt with accordingly. Many of the reports of beta raid bosses two-shotting tanks were because that was how much damage the bosses needed to do in order to challenge Feral tanks. With less damage absorbed, the boss damage can be adjusted downwards. We've reduced the multiplier for attack power on the absorption effect (from 65% to 35%, still modified by mastery) and it no longer procs from periodic critical hits.

So what does it proc from now? random 15-30% proc chance? on getting hit? what?
    i would image they mean that it wont proc from bleed effects like lacerate. It will proc from things like maul crits or mangle crits only.

Deleted
    We feel Zul'Gurub will serve the updated old world much better as a new questing area (and potentially a space for future dungeons), rather than an irrelevant instance. We understand there are some cool flavor items there, but that alone just wasn't justification enough to keep the place walled off so a very tiny fraction of the playerbase can continue farming endlessly for these items. One day maybe these items will make their return when the timing and implementation feels right.
    That's just stupid nonsense. Stranglethorn is a large enough questing zone, even w/o zg.

wow... vigilance just became TOTALLY shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I assume you are a Bear Tank? There's a very helpful guide on our Druid forum, give it a read! (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-4.0.1-edition)

While Paladins and Warriors have abilities you do not have (Parry and Block, just Parry for DKs), you have abilities that they do not to counter/match them. What do you think Savage Defence is for? I can't comprehend how you can complain about having a lack of avoidance when your "Block" had to be brought in-line as it was too powerful. I honestly think you are just skimming the text for number reductions and screaming Witch + Nerf + Sky plummeting.

Guess you need to change your guide a little smarty pants

"Stam: Stamina is the bears best defensive stat.
    •We are stamina beasts and gain much more out of stamina than any other tank. We gain HP from stamina.
    Code:"

oops
    "•Bear Form -- Stamina bonus lowered from 20% to 10% and Heart of the Wild health bonus from 10% to 6%. Bear health should be close to plate tank health with this change."

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many nerfs at once to a class by blizzard always leaves them underpowered and are generally left that way for entire expansions. I wish blizzard would slowly nerf, rather than chopping off a leg, then moving on to the next class/spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Sigh, its sad that i have to explain this to a druid tank. What im gonna say now is also mentioned in the blue posts above. You won't always get that high absorbs, savage defense works out of your AP, your AP gets buffed with Vengeance, Vengeance gets buffed by the amount of dmg you take, or in simple terms, the harder the boss hits you the more you will absorb.
    Yes I understand that but thx for pointing it out for others. I've been tankin for a very long time and with all 4 classes but I like Bear the most with warrior a close second.

Savage Defense is massively overpowered on beta and has been dealt with accordingly. Many of the reports of beta raid bosses two-shotting tanks were because that was how much damage the bosses needed to do in order to challenge Feral tanks. With less damage absorbed, the boss damage can be adjusted downwards. We've reduced the multiplier for attack power on the absorption effect (from 65% to 35%, still modified by mastery) and it no longer procs from periodic critical hits.
    It's the fact of agi not affecting armor, HP being the same as everyone else and the only thing i'm probably gonna have more then others is dodge now that's it....and you dont see a problem?

@Harith Yes your right I don't know what I was thinking my 6-sec swipe cooldown makes me just like a warrior with thunderclap....but then theres shockwave, cleave, now you have a aoe rend..........

And so does bears when they get trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay homogenization - no really, no sarcasm. About time the main tanking CDs were equalized.

Vigilance change sort of sucks though, it should at least make Revenge usable.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2010-10-29 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorni View Post
    So... remove all classic raids and tbc raids. Cause only "very tiny fraction of the playerdatabase goes there" after cata hits.
    What a BS.
    They are going to reimplemented the mounts. They have had plans to do this for a while.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by damaniac82 View Post
    THIS. I used to have a warr tank, a pally and a DK and i've loved the differences. Now pally and warr are pretty much the same --> warr retired. I've planned to try a druid for a change (troll voodoo druids ftw), but not sure anymore. Combined with the fact that achievements are character-bound and not account-bound, starting another tank that is basically the same regarding gameplay just feels like a huge waste of time...

Also, i'm really started to get burned out because of these class revamps. They could have left most classes the way they were in wotlk and add a few more dungeons and BGs instead, but no, they decided to change everything, so we'd get tricked into the idea of having something new... Pff.
    You do realize that playing the same specs and mechanics for 2 years is what causes people to quit playing right? Most people play the game for the classes and uniqueness of them not only the dungeons and encounters. Most of the fun comes form playing the character not the content and having the same boring mechanics for 1-2 years makes me want to punch babies, it is one of the main reasons I (and many others now) have all the classes at 80 so I don't get bored.
    Smile

"''Is it possible to increase the droprate of ZG mounts before it's removed?''
    No. (Source)"

Asshole.

Deleted
    why do you have to whine about ZG jeeze
    you kno ZG stands in open ground & lots of ppl will bug the zone with them flying there and stuff.
    as you can enter an empty ZG when you go there from the top & all
    they dont want this to happen.

also the druids whining i dont get it why your whining exept your crying your not so much OP any more and are on same scale as the others now.
    how meany times have i seen a raid get canceld becaus they didnt have a druid tank

QQ they nerfed my spec I've never played and have no idea how it might work. Guys. It's BETA. If you're not in BETA you have no idea how tanks are balancing right now at level 85 do you? You're QQing about one set of theoretical numbers that you haven't seen being replace by another set of theoretical numbers you haven't seen. These changes aren't going live till 4.03a. Which mean that *at most* you'll have to deal with them for a week at 80. After that performance at 80 will *never matter again*. It will be all about performance at 85. And you don't know anything about performance at 85 do you?

You have no idea why these changes were implemented, whether they're a good or bad idea, or what they mean to level 85 performance. You looked at a screen saw "ZOMG they lowered some numbers on me class! Nerf!1!11!!" and are now going to QQ about how they're ruining your performance on content you've never done. Get over it.

Deleted
    I don't understand why people are QQing about the ZG mounts. You've had 2 years to farm for it at 80, and even longer in TBC and Vanilla. You're not entitled to any mounts. It's a vanity item, therefore pretty low down on the priorities as far as gameplay is concerned (I don't know if you noticed, you're playing a GAME here, not an animal collect-em-up).

This also comes from someone who has farmed for it on occasion, but also realises the reason they are desired is because they are rare.

Also, person above me doesn't understand the concept of instancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaker View Post
    @Harith Yes your right I don't know what I was thinking my 6-sec swipe cooldown makes me just like a warrior with thunderclap....but then theres shockwave, cleave, now you have a aoe rend..........
    the 6 sec cd is cleave and ours only targets a few mobs not all of em in a cone infront of us

I love that they are making an effort to make dungeons harder again...with some of the fights I have seen I would love to see people try and take some of the fights down with the buffs put in

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears don't need to have way more armor and hp than the other tanks anymore, the main reason you had that in TBC was because bosses could crush and it was your answer to not being able to stop crushing blows.

Having a tank with a lot higher hp makes things unbalanced, who do you think the guild chooses to MT for fights that offer something like Sarth 3D or LK Soulreaper? The bear because he will have more hp to take the hit, you shouldn't be picked to MT because of a gimmick but because you are a great tank and geared for the fight.

tanking, tanking, tanking!! ugh!!! enough about stupid tanks!

Lets talk about Worgen's Running Wild! or sex baby!

(music lyrics n00b)

Bear Form -- Stamina bonus lowered from 20% to 10% and Heart of the Wild health bonus from 10% to 6%. Bear health should be close to plate tank health with this change.
    And here I thought due to our lack of block and parry bears were SUPPOSED to have more health...