Feral PvP in Cataclysm?

Does anyone have any reports on what this is like on the Beta? I'm slightly concerned that the Bear nerfs are gonna majorly destroy our already poor survivability in PvP. Obviously I've only played on live, but the change to loads of spells to be 40 yards has made quite a difference to a class, which used to be able to use hit and run tactics well.
    Also, Burst seems to only really be possible once you have a 5 point rip up, which means against most foes in BGs at the moment (casters tbh) your burst is just awful by comparison.

We used to be one of the only melee classes that was any good against mages because we could chase them despite all their snares, it just doesnt seem that way any more

10+ Year Old Account
    Our pvp in live is good atm, I don't expect this to carry through to cata, blizzard just hate us in pvp and if you even have a 50% chance of beating a rogue, the tears break the ceiling.

I'm not saying I think we are bad at the moment, I'm still enjoying it so it can't be that we are massively underpowered, but a couple of times yesterday left me thinking that other classes seem a bit mental 1v1.

First time was when I was trying to kill a holy pally, for about 3 mins(seemed like it), and he hadnt even lost any mana, never mind health.
    Second time I had been being unskillfully kited by a mage and managed to spend nearly 100% of the time still in combat range of him, but my damage didnt exceed his, even though he was only really casting instant casts.

Both instances were cases of a caster not needing to stand and cast at all, interrupts were not an issue, I didn't have the chance to actually interrupt anything. 12k damage Ice lances seems crazy to me, as do seemingly invincible paladins. Obviously this is on live though, anyone got anything to report from Cataclysm Beta?

Deleted
    Problem is to be feasible at the moment you need full Wrathful gear, which casual players won't have. So regardless of any buffs ferals may get you will get outmatched by anyone wearing enough gear as is always the case in PVP.

Things may mellow out by 85 while people get the chance to save up some honor from new BG's etc. Though personally I think healing is the easiest way to get into PVP as you don't have to beat the opponents gear, just be able to heal yourself if they come to you. You're still getting HK's from nearby kills but not dying 100 times in the process.

Instead of nabbing quotes from every post thus far, I'll just try to hit on what's been said so far.

At 85, PvP is still really good for ferals. From a 1v1 perspective, you're still going to kill mostly anyone you come up against like you can on Live, it may just take a little longer (keep in mind, Blizz stated recently they think kitty DPS may be slightly too high, so we'll see what they change).

Beyond 1v1, most of the imbalances you see at 80 disappear at 85, especially in the healer mana department (aka, paladins just doing WoG/Holy Shock on CD and basically being invincible in resil gear while their mana bars go up at 80). I haven't done extensive testing with the recent 30%->10% mana cost increase change to Brutal Impact, but druids should still be able to effectively CC/control healers if played right. Mana does matter, even in PvP, because it will still deplete. The power of heals haven't gone up drastically from 80 to 85, but the mana costs certain have escalated much faster... add a 10% increase to those costs, and any healer will notice that.

Don't take much of the lvl 80 Live PvP situation to heart, because it does change at 85. We can actually still do hit-and-run tactics, you just might need to put a little more time on target before you actually run and let them bleed to death. Simply stated, the pace of PvP is much slower than it is on Live, and the decisions made by players matter more (especially for healers).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytank View Post
    Does anyone have any reports on what this is like on the Beta? I'm slightly concerned that the Bear nerfs are gonna majorly destroy our already poor survivability in PvP.
    Did you see the Survival Instincts change aswell? I wouldn't call this anything else than a huge survivability buff for PvP. Not to mention that our survivability on live is far from bad at the moment. (It was at S8 and before that, but now? No.)

Also, Burst seems to only really be possible once you have a 5 point rip up, which means against most foes in BGs at the moment (casters tbh) your burst is just awful by comparison.
    What..? Our burst is awesome. You should always be able to get a 5 CP Rip up versus any caster. If you get the opener, which you WILL get in most cases, you should have a 5 CP Rip up (before) the second your Pounce breaks.

We used to be one of the only melee classes that was any good against mages because we could chase them despite all their snares, it just doesnt seem that way any more
    We're still good against Mages. The fact that all 3 Mage specs are incredibly overpowered at the moment doesn't mean that Feral isn't good against them. Mages rip everything apart at the moment, it's not that Ferals have suddenly become bad at fighting against Mages.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-10-29 at 10:27 PM.

On beta on current build feral cat damage is over tuned

6k rake ticks and 14k rip ticks on 3k resi are just scary + auto attacks and Fero Bite o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Its been viable in WotLK, and now you have an interrupt.

Also, 11k Rake Ticks. TICKS.

And a glyph-able instant roots. They're fine, dont worry.

My MS is resto, and I only pvp as feral once in a great while, but from what I've seen on live, feral seems over powered at the moment. I mean its not uncommon to kill a opponent in 2-3gcds. And I'm seeing bleeds crit tick for over 10k. It seems that since we switched to agility gemming, that mangle hits for almost (note: almost) as much as shred, combine that with the ticks from rake, and then only using FB, I've found it to be enough burst to take out just about any class. I expect a nerf, but its fun atm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    My MS is resto, and I only pvp as feral once in a great while, but from what I've seen on live, feral seems over powered at the moment. I mean its not uncommon to kill a opponent in 2-3gcds. And I'm seeing bleeds crit tick for over 10k...
    Exaggerating a bit there aren't we? I'd say 10k rip ticks and killing someone in 2-3 GCDs is uncommon.

actually that's the thing, I'm not exaggerating at all. Like I said, it's fun, but personally I do expect a nerf on the pvp side

Ferals are very good in 85lvl, moonkins on other site are once again in joke state.

Iv only done half a BG (as it DCed me...) and a few duels on my PvP geared premade druid on cata beta. So far they seem fine. I stunlocked a warlock today (think he had PvE items on tho..) with like 12k rake crits and 20k shreds. When was in AB i killed a firemage so fast i think he might of been half naked. Ferals are fine in cata as it stands, We kill fast and bleeds hit ALOT and hurt. So im happy :P most people will have around 2600 res what is only 18 - 20% damage reduction ;>

Deleted
    Again this is assumimg everyone has full Wrath gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Its been viable in WotLK, and now you have an interrupt.

Also, 11k Rake Ticks. TICKS.

And a glyph-able instant roots. They're fine, dont worry.
    Not only an interrupt, but a /ranged/ interrupt. That doubles as a short distance intercept. Omgwin.

Stampeding Roar is also a great cooldown, defensive and offensive, at 85.