Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My dk isnt 80 yet, but it seems unholy disease spread on Val is pretty op?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Unholy was at the same level as Frost prepatch, and it's hard to say a minute 44 seconds fight is a good measure for dps.

If you are having trouble not breaking CC with Howling Blast, tell yourself and your tank to L2P and move the mobs AWAY from the CC target.
    Those numbers are the same for every single fight. I am grossly afraid you are wrong; frost was above unholy prepatch. Your unholy dks do 16k dps after buffs. Idk what to tell you about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    My dk isnt 80 yet, but it seems unholy disease spread on Val is pretty op?
    They're casting Unholy Frenzy on her, and it does something like 14.3 mill damage in 30 seconds.

Its just the same mechanic when you attack the crowd with Cleave and a PvP flag tank is beside her, as if you were not selected will not even hit him. While it removes the appearance is careful not to AoE near a crowd with a copy.

Also remember, you have Hungering Cold as Frost, so if you accidentally pull something with Howling Blast, you can HC them. AND, since you're glyphing Howling Blast anyway, your Frost Fever from that won't break the HC, because it also infects them with FF and that doesn't break the CC. Hungering Cold with the glyph is probably one of the best CCs out there IMO. No RP cost, puts a DoT that doesn't break it, can't get better than that.

Hungering cold is a bad cc because the duration is massively shorter than the cooldown and it applies dots that break all other forms of cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Hungering cold is a bad cc because the duration is massively shorter than the cooldown and it applies dots that break all other forms of cc.
    Blind would like to have a word with you (2 minute CD, 10 second duration versus 60 second CD, 10 second duration). Oh, and whaddya know, Blind is glyphable to remove all damage over time effects, the same way Polymorph glyphed removes all damage over time effects. And yes, I guess the frost fever COULD break a glyphed Fear, but it still has to eat through a huge damage threshold.

To people saying that Frost is going to be crappy in Cataclysm because of Howling Blast breaking CC, you have two options. One, you and the tank move away from the CC'd mobs, or two, you swap from Howling Blast back to Icy Touch and keep tabs on your AoE abilities. Not that big a deal.

Honestly, though, while Frost DPS is not great, it's also not that bad, and it could always be worse. Frost has LOTS of nice options in PvP; Hungering Cold is going to be massively awesome in rated WSG.

With Blizzard's history of mindlessly nerfing Frost, I wouldn't put it past them.

That said, what was mentioned before is dead on. If DK are topping DPS in your raid, what the HELL are you Mages doing exactly...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK topping the charts ha? My destro lock would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    As you may know, we are topping the charts right now, and that scares me. How much longer before Blizz throws the nerf bat at us?
    I'm assuming you played Unholy before the patch. The ONLY thing that made Unholy better before the patch was that Frost couldn't use Shadowmourne effectively... And Frost was a lot harder, I guess. Frost was ahead of Unholy until you got Shadowmourne before the patch. Now, they seem to be relatively even, but still not quite in league with mages. No nerf bat coming anytime soon for Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Frost AoE is insane (I've started to hate ghouls pounding me at LK hc ), single-target however it's still behind a lot of specs e.g. Unholy.

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't need to dictate our future."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fentoozler View Post
    I'm terrble on my deathknight i don't understand the rune power or runes or whatever yet i come out near the top :/
    I couldn't have picked a better way to sum up for Blizzard's "devs" what is wrong with 4.01 Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    They're casting Unholy Frenzy on her, and it does something like 14.3 mill damage in 30 seconds.
    ...Why on earth would they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Primigenia View Post
    I couldn't have picked a better way to sum up for Blizzard's "devs" what is wrong with 4.01 Frost.
    Yeah? You can say the same thing about any mage spec, destro locks, fury warriors, and boomkins.

Frost is quite fine. I hate to say it...but..it requires very little skill to play a frost dk, it's still very whack a mole. Something comes off cooldown, hit it. voila.

Mages can LITERALLY spam arcane blast. Frost and Fire are both incredibly simple to use AND out dps a frost dk. Same with destro lock, with the nerf to searing pain, the destro rotation returns back to normal and is incredibly high dps.

Boomkin is also really easy, keep 2 dots up spam the appropriate spell until eclipse procs, switch, rinse repeat.

Right now..with 4.0....a lot of things are faceroll.

I won't start to bitch until 81 when everyones crit goes from insane to low and things start to balance out more.

But compared to other classes....complaining about frost dps being too high is quite laughable.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    ...Why on earth would they do that?
    To pad the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokoran View Post

To pad the meters.
    I imagine their healers aren't too happy with that.