31 1.67%
  • Hunter

14 0.75%
  • Shaman

44 2.37%
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    He went to MLG Raleigh, not sure why you assume he wouldn't go to an event without bilian.
    because he's been playing with bilian since tbc?

Oh right, he played with fatvirus and got roflstomped by all the good teams there, I remember
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    =[ every one hateing on the mages.....but come raid time you love our retardedly high dps and our water and now our ports even more lmao

lol 13 people said Hunters

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    nothing at the moment comes anywhere close to an arcane mage in pvp for killin peeps, they may not be as good at survivability as a frost mage but when you can kill anything with like 3 arcane blasts then it dont really matter ;p
    i used to have trouble killin stuff in frost as its dmg isnt good enough to bypass heals cooldowns etc,, but now nothing can live with me toe to toe...
    i used to have trouble killin palas, now they are faceroll to kill,, the only things i have trouble killing is warriors and feral druids when they get up close n personal on me..
    in arcane when 1 on 1 i win say 90% of the time and when a group is going for it then tabtarget and AB spam just wipes em all out lol
    lil tip to wipe someone out in 2-4 shots,, if poss and at range open with AB, (presence of mind if you want to for an instant) polymorph, spellsteal if ya like, then AB (theyll be stunned from takin dmg in poly form), counterspell (to silence for 4 secs), AB finish with barrage if it aint dead... trust me nothing can survive that atm
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

How can you all say Mages are OP? Have you killed an enh shaman easily(a high geared one)?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mages are only OP if you let em ;p,, get up close to us, stun us, cc us, silence us,, we just as squishy as we always were,, you just gotta know how to beat us ;p and yea any shammy for an arcane mage is as dead as everyone else (unless they get up close etc) but depends on the person playing the toon your up against i spose,, some folks are awesome at pvp and some are not. the way it goes i guess
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, are you serious? They are quite hard to kill, yes, but good DKs are by far the best! They have imunity to spells for 7 seconds, anti magic zone, stun from pet, 20% ALL damage reduction and stun immunity, deathgrip, heals through pet or deathcoil, fear immunity, 2 silences...

On my DK, frost mages are a joke. Just link deathgrip, silence, second silence, and if he is not dead (he should be), antimagic shell, kill. Have your pet kill his.

DKs are by far the best for PVP, thats why i play one. The only problems i have are with locks, because of those nasty dots, but with antimagic zone and shell, even they are managable.

The only thing OP on mages is no CD on spellsteal, this is very irritating.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

If we talk about bg's pvp and world pvp(if there is still something like that) - Mages are winners. No doubts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeturnis View Post
    Well, heres what I do.

Open with Sap, back off, if your lucky and they're an idiot, they will trinket and nova or pop its water eles frost nova, either way you might trick them into burning a game changing cooldown. If not, premed, resap, regain energy, Garrote (important to have this glyphed for 5 seconds of silence) Hemorrhage, backstab, kidney shot (mage will blink) Shadowstep, Shadowdance, cheap shot (mage should trinket), ambush, recuperate, garrote, ambush (by this time shadow dance should be over) chances are the mage will be dead by now.

Now I play a gnome rogue, I use my trinket for deep freeze, I use my escape artist for the initial root, and my cloak for the second, movement is key in these fights and you cant afford a single mess up, my rogue is also an engineer so that enables me a ranged attack if the mage gets lucky enough to get away and has less than say 3k health, as well as sprint and rocket boots for gap closers, its all about anticipating what can go wrong and doing what you can to prevent that from occuring.

Another alternative is to do what you can to keep the water ele CC'd, I believe sap, gouge and blind all work on it to prevent another root.

To see through mirror images more clearly rekeybind your tab from target nearest enemy to target nearest enemy player, this helps with everything from Shaman totems to Hunters snakes, I dont PvP without this.
    TL;DR: How to beat Frost Mages: Play against retarded mages as a very skilled player.

Did I understand this incorrectly?

Your post on how to be a Frost Mage totally based around playing horrible players that panic and start blowing CDs. Can someone actually post a "How to beat Mages" vs Mages that have brains, thanks.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    How can you all say Mages are OP? Have you killed an enh shaman easily(a high geared one)?
    My Frost DK laughs at Enhancement shamans. I ruin them in a AMS.

Just got caught without a trinket in an EoTS by a frost mage that ice lanced when I was re-stealthing, followed by deep freezing me and hitting a 9k frostbolt followed by a 7.2k ice lance.

I have 1,322 resilience.

16.2k damage in a global, hahahahha.

I still think the mages are OP as hell.

I watched a dual between a 4500gs frost mage vs 6200 sub rogue. In the end the mage beat him. After seeing that, IMO it dont take skill to play a mage. I do like the post that Aeturnis, and I will do what I can to trick him to use one of his most important CD's. In the end its all about who can cc who the most and they win.

Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    I still think the mages are OP as hell.

I watched a dual between a 4500gs frost mage vs 6200 sub rogue. In the end the mage beat him. After seeing that, IMO it dont take skill to play a mage. I do like the post that Aeturnis, and I will do what I can to trick him to use one of his most important CD's. In the end its all about who can cc who the most and they win.
    lol. GS doesnt mean anything. it was probably a full pvp gear/gemmed mage vs a random pve rogue.
    i beat a 6300gs frost mage with my 2000gs shaman once, he seemed to be afk tho. shaman must be OP right?

Quote Originally Posted by 817 View Post
    lol. GS doesnt mean anything. it was probably a full pvp gear/gemmed mage vs a random pve rogue.
    i beat a 6300gs frost mage with my 2000gs shaman once, he seemed to be afk tho. shaman must be OP right?

No both were in pvp gear. If I remember right the rogue was in wrathful 270 gear.

rogues was pretty bad then. mage with that kind of gear dies in a garrote silence.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    elemental shaman is hardest class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Mages, are you serious? They are quite hard to kill, yes, but good DKs are by far the best! They have imunity to spells for 7 seconds, anti magic zone, stun from pet, 20% ALL damage reduction and stun immunity, deathgrip, heals through pet or deathcoil, fear immunity, 2 silences...

On my DK, frost mages are a joke. Just link deathgrip, silence, second silence, and if he is not dead (he should be), antimagic shell, kill. Have your pet kill his.

DKs are by far the best for PVP, thats why i play one. The only problems i have are with locks, because of those nasty dots, but with antimagic zone and shell, even they are managable.

The only thing OP on mages is no CD on spellsteal, this is very irritating.
    A good mage blinked before the deathgrip got him to you. Or better yet dropped images on your head into a counterspell, blink and shatter. No way your pet kills a mages if the mage is doing damage on you either as it heals for 15%. Good mage isn't going to cast on that mind freeze, if he does he's gonna juke it, but why would he since you didn't pop ams yet so really you are frozen in place while he's ranging you. Dk's can definitely kill mages 1v1 but it's not nearly as easy as your scenario there.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    TL;DR: How to beat Frost Mages: Play against retarded mages as a very skilled player.

Did I understand this incorrectly?

Your post on how to be a Frost Mage totally based around playing horrible players that panic and start blowing CDs. Can someone actually post a "How to beat Mages" vs Mages that have brains, thanks.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 03:24 PM ----------

My Frost DK laughs at Enhancement shamans. I ruin them in a AMS.
    Yeah it's not like the rogue was passively/actively frozen anywhere in there before the stupid mage blinked prior to shs, or even if the mage did and dropped ranged ele nova behind him. Not to mention the mage could ice block and blow all of those cds the rogue just used since his barrier absorbed most of that damage. Or even the fact that if a class blows prep/engineering crap in a duel situation I'm probably going to use Coldsnap too. Sheep, put a dot on the rogue, and watch that cloak get blown. Easy mode. Same as dks though, sub rogue can definitely beat a mage, but both matchups are pretty even and depend on a bit of rng/luck.

I'll give you that but that goes back to the argument of skilled players versus idiots.

Deleted
    mages might be a little op but they are a joy to play in pvp, my other favorites are priest and pala if thats your kinda thing, but as usual dont mistake good players as playing an op class alot of classes are op if played correctly

10+ Year Old Account

This thread has run it's course

I'm shutting this thread down. It was borderline constructive to begin with and really not a good subject for thoughtful discussion.

Thanks for your participation-

The Management
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE