GearScore Add-On

Has anyone figured out why GS doesn't let you inspect people after about 20 minutes? Then it doesn't even show the GS. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

The OP said that his addon doesn't show the GS at all, not even a cached one. Read before going into a "omgGSsuckslol" nerdrage.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-29 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is true, but I've been told that you can only inspect a certain amount of people per day. Gearscore automatically scans/inspects people and therefor you cannot inspect anyone anymore because gearscore reached the inspection limit.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-29 at 04:43 PM.

There's a per minute(?) throttling of inspects you can do of other players. Broke a lot of addons that scanned for talents and item level (tooltip addons and GearScore). It probably won't even really be fixed, although an addon like Examiner can give you an average ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but I've been told that you can only inspect a certain amount of people per day. Gearscore automatically scans/inspects people and therefor you cannot inspect anyone anymore because gearscore reached the inspection limit.
    This is partially true, if i recall correctly it was either a maximum number of inspects per minute or seconds but certanly not day. This was done to stop gearscore from destroying the servers if it was used by a big group of people on the server.

The best thing to do now before they come up with a fix is to disable gearscore for the moment and just use the normal inspect to look for yourself, or simpley ask the players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    inb4 flamefest... mods, come fourth
    We're always around.

Deleted
    I just tried disabling GS and i still cant inspect..

Wow has a inspect /min Gs uses it all up, since it keeps communicating. There are also other add-ons that communicate other then GS
    so i would suggest disabeling all, and then look if u can inspect. From there on, enable em one by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

That throttle was necessary largely because of gearscore and the reckless actions of the author placing the needs of the addon above the needs of other players.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-29 at 03:28 PM.

Yeh gearscore is currently malfunctioning or is having a conflict with the official blizzard code. There has been a post on the official gearscore addon website regarding this and everyone is just waiting for blizz to fix the problem or bug or whatever it is... if they even intend to... could be something they have done to permanently remove gearscore functionality but who knows. If you require the official posts/info/whatever regarding this head over to the gearscore site (can be found wherever you download GS) and give it a read.

edit: fixed a word lol

My Inspect function still doesn't seem to be working whatsoever.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from Texas, what country are you from
    Just curious, since most people like to have your Gear Score prior to including you in a raid, is there a better way to evaluate yourself and report it to which ever raid leader who's raid you would like to join? I have a DK that i sometimes play, GS was 550 or so before the updates killed GS. Now i go to wow heroes and the score is like 2700 which is confusing. Help appreciated, no trolls please.

Quote Originally Posted by afonze30 View Post
    Just curious, since most people like to have your Gear Score prior to including you in a raid, is there a better way to evaluate yourself and report it to which ever raid leader who's raid you would like to join? I have a DK that i sometimes play, GS was 550 or so before the updates killed GS. Now i go to wow heroes and the score is like 2700 which is confusing. Help appreciated, no trolls please.
    Wow-heroes goes off of ilvl, chants, and gems. Not a lot of people use it, the best you can do for getting in raids is by stating your avg ilvl and avg dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Defconn View Post
    This is partially true, if i recall correctly it was either a maximum number of inspects per minute or seconds but certanly not day. This was done to stop gearscore from destroying the servers if it was used by a big group of people on the server.

The best thing to do now before they come up with a fix is to disable gearscore for the moment and just use the normal inspect to look for yourself, or simpley ask the players.
    Or just pick up EG, since it works a little better, and shows a more relevant number (average ilvl)
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from Texas, what country are you from
    So should i use an add on for average ilvl or just do my best guess based on third grade math?

Inspecting has been bugged with 4.01, addons or no addons.

Inspecting as a whole is still very wobbly, sometimes you can have issues retrieving item information from quest items and their respective rewards. It's probably due to the inspect throttle that they implemented but it was necessary due to the mass amount of inspect requests from tooltip addons (they fetch talent information) and Gear Score-like addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Defconn View Post

only problem is i cant inspect. if i could i would turn off the addon but it still helps me on some players i havent met before and give me a general idea what to expect.

You can look at your character stats tab, the top section I believe it's just called general or something along those lines, it has your health, mana and average item level. Turns out blizzard does it for you now. Also I've found that linking achievements or simply stating yes I am geared and I do ## dps on whatever boss is far more effective than gearscore for getting into raids. I don't know my gearscore on any of my characters and have never had any problems whatsoever because of it.