Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My first ever UI, suggestions and tips please

There is an UI I made yesterday. What do you think about it? Its the first I've ever done, and I'd like some help to make it better. Also, I need a good nameplate addon.

I do have omen btw, but its not active on the screenshot

Suggestion #1: Follow thumbnail rules.
    ~ Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-29 at 03:29 PM.
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

Deleted
    Hey, it looks nice but I have few suggestions for you
    It's not necessary to have so huge bars, especialy if you know your rotation and don't even need to look at them and by minimizing them you can make space for other addons. Recount seems to be a way larger then needed too.
    I personally use X-perl unit frames for a long time and I am satisfied by far. Alternative to X-perl is Pitbull, although I think it has a bit complicated setup.
    I hope this will be helpful to you in some way

Name plates -- Use tidy plates: threat plates. They are clean and pack in extra information (they grow larger as your aggro percentage grows, I dont even use Omen anymore).

I also suggest getting Button facade, it will make your action bars cleaner.

Not a fan of the overly fancy sexymap effects, not least the default but it does appeal to others.
    I would size recount down a bit, since at the very least it should be something you see only out of combat, and therefore not needing to be quite so big.
    Same with the bag bar.
    Since you are binding a lot, you could move some of those bars elsewhere, and perhaps have them visible only on mouseover.
    Some players prefer more centralised unit frames, so looking at an alternative such as the suggested Xperl will offer you some options in that regard.
    I prefer a background to the chat to aid legibility, though if done wrong it can impact on your ability to view the surroundings.
    A chat modification such as prat or chatter will offer the ability to remove those extra buttons on the chat and at least neaten it up somewhat.

Deleted
    only Bartender, Satrina, chinchilla and Grid?

Tips?

Chinchilla->bminimap
    Bartender-> smaller buttons
    Chat-> Prat+fane
    Buffs-> Better looking with Buttonfacade+Caith layout
    Tooltip-> tiptop
    recount-> skada

additional:
    cerror, stuffing, omniCC, Postal, BadBoy

Recount needs to be about twice as big.

Deleted
    1. The entire thing needs some scaling down.
    2. Most addons are simply in their default configuration.
    3. Select one LibSharedMedia skin. Use it for everything.
    4. Use kgPanels for backgrounds. #3 applies here.
    5. Select one ButtonFacade layout. Use it for everything.
    6. (Personal preference) Replace recount with Skada. I don't say this because I like Skada more (I do), but because it's more configurable design-wise.

I know recount was very big on that screenshot, sized it down

Get Omen lol it helps. And your bars are kinda big.

Deleted
    your map is huge and you recount is huge and your chat box is huge and you bars are huge :P every thing should shrink alot shrink every thing by alot and it will look alot bter

Big nitpick: you have the wrong resolution. Everything is squished; you need to have WoW set to the same as your monitor so it doesn't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lower the bars from this big to alittle smaller

Another question, are you on a lap top, my character port is as big as on the laptop but not this big on my normal Computer ....

Another thing, what's that buff bar?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Lower the bars from this big to alittle smaller

Another question, are you on a lap top, my character port is as big as on the laptop but not this big on my normal Computer ....

Another thing, what's that buff bar?
    I am not on a laptop. And the buffbar is "BuffSkin", tho I would like another

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff View Post
    I am not on a laptop. And the buffbar is "BuffSkin", tho I would like another
    Ok, then i recommend lowering that "character frame" and thanks, um, i would recommend http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...kbuffbars.aspx used it for a long time

i'd like to see a combat shot.

anyway most of the things have already been said, screw sexymap, resize your bars and recount.

don't use grid if you use standard raid frames.

putting togheter a bunch of addons without configuring them is not an ui.
    try to make it less cluttered as possible, use the same fonts/textures between addons, same skins between buttons.

this is mine, for example.
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2...1810193536.jpg
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Gonna do a raid tonight to see how it works out, working on it atm, sized down some things

EDIT: Also, any1 got a new minimap addon instead of sexymap?
    Last edited by Knegoff; 2010-10-29 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What bar addon do u got ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knegoff View Post
    Gonna do a raid tonight to see how it works out, working on it atm, sized down some things

EDIT: Also, any1 got a new minimap addon instead of sexymap?
    SexyMap is fine, just config it better (SexyMap -> Borders), you can set it to SharedMedia textures too, see my post above about generalized textures.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...910_201051.jpg

Update

Still working on it, Tidy plates does not work, trying Xperl, but I get a lua error when I buff myself. Also not sure if i should use prat or chatter

Edit: posted a link cuz I cant thumbnail correctly :P

Edit 2: Anybody knows how to remove the default party nameplates, and replace it with grid
    Last edited by Knegoff; 2010-10-29 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Select one LibSharedMedia skin. Use it for everything.
    I was just wondering, how do you configure this addon? I've looked around a bit but haven't found anything yet. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!