Thread: Tank gun!

Tank gun!

Hey. Before i start, Here is my hunter. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...52&cn=Chillzay

As you can see I'm using the crappy tank gun. Hit 80 around a week ago, and it was a huge upgrade over my BoA bow. I remember reading somewhere that before 4.0 it was around equivilant to a 245 slow dps bow. (Not sure where, but i remember it specfically).

I know all the values were fucked come 4.0.1, And weapon speed vs dps is probably different. I was wondering if anyone found new stat weights or anything that i could use to compare this to other bows. On the stickies all it had was the value of agi / crit / haste etc, and not speed / wep dps.

Any help would be Awesome. and I obviously know a 251/264 slow speed would be better, I'm more wondering if i should replace this with something like a ToC25 bow or even a 232. (Have not seen any drop yet so i haven't tested myself either)

Edit - If it matters, I'm playing Surv atm, Looking to go MM when i get better gear and or see it do more dps then surv in my gear level.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weapon damage is the most important stat on any ranged weapon. When it's very close, then you can start looking at things like bonus stats, procs, etc.

The tank gun was (is? I don't think they've even fixed this yet right?) overbudget in the damage portion and thus is too good. I don't offhand know its ranking, but I think it was one of the best 264 ranged in 4.0.1 (can somebody confirm/deny please).

Speed on a weapon isn't a big deal; you used to want a slow weapon before normalization, and when we had Aimed Shot (3 sec cast), Arcane Shot, and Auto Shot, and Auto was interrupted by doing anything besides sitting on your hands...you wanted to lose as few autos while casting Aimed.

I'd also go MM right now, SV loses a lot of its intended punch without Cobra Shot.

/edit: Read the guide stickies please, your spec and glyphs need work
    Last edited by ASO; 2010-10-29 at 03:28 PM.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Actually just changed to steadyshot glyph and respecced, armory just hasn't updated ( i haven't logged yet)
    I'll play around with MM a bit more.

Ty for the response. I'll judge by weapon damamge (and obviously other stats). I just wasn't sure how speed / Weapon dps factored in.