Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ...i try to download it and i have to re-download the 15g is that right?

There was no PTR character wipe, so your characters from the last PTR are still on there.

(Choose your pre-mades wisely)

Deleted
    MEH thought we could see the changed world!!

any way i can access PTR with beta client ? 13221

So why is the PTR up if there is no forum, no blue posts telling us its point and the world server crashes every few minutes.

the fountain in dalaran has had the statues and video removed from LK also.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorados View Post
    What changes is it exactly we can expect in 4.0.3? I trust the world isn't changed until 4.0.3a, so I see no real difference in 4.0.3?
    This is how I understood it.

The world will still be intact. But it will initiate the series of events like the Elemental Invasion and Twilight Cult stuff.

Some time will pass, then 4.0.3a will be "The Sundering" when those events stop, and the Deathwing event begins.

Some time will pass, then expansion hits (which will likely be the exact same version, but with a slightly higher build number)

any way i can access PTR with beta client ? 13221
    No.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that they dumped all of the pre cata stuff onto your machine and they will make sure that that isn't causing any problems. Then they may switch to .a and make sure there are no problems with that, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    the fountain in dalaran has had the statues and video removed from LK also.
    That just because no one has downed LK on the test server. I imagine this 4.0.3 is to test if anything goes horribly wrong with the shattering happens. If they have anything big and excited up their sleeves for some major pre-shattering event, I doubt they will be testing it on the PTR. Zombie event wouldnt have been nearly as fun if they had tested that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

PTR forum just came up.

The PvP vendors are probably gone because it's season 2 or something. I remember people were freaking out and saying the PvP gem vendors were going to be gone before 401 came out.

PTR Forum up yes no blue posts telling us wth the ptr is for still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxmius View Post
    I thought once 4.03 was released we would be able to test out the new Race/Class combo's... I'm still not able to play Dwarf Mage or any other new class combo they talked about..
    Because this isn't 4.0.3a

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreonlol View Post
    can we goblin?
    This has already been explained to bite-sized bits. I'm simpily amazed that there are people who still cannot chew and swallow the information.
    You will not be able to play a Goblin or Worgen in the PTR. Goblins and Worgen are in the Cataclysm Beta only, and will remain there until Cataclysm hits live. Sorry guys, that's the way it is.

From frenzied excitement to oh wait this is not 4.0.3a in a very small window of time

did any1 made it to log in? I'm trying to connect using beta client and i get disconected when i pick realm.
    i remember i could log in on 4.0.1 ptr with beta client. any tip/info?:P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    This has already been explained to bite-sized bits. I'm simpily amazed that there are people who still cannot chew and swallow the information.
    You will not be able to play a Goblin or Worgen in the PTR. Goblins and Worgen are in the Cataclysm Beta only, and will remain there until Cataclysm hits live. Sorry guys, that's the way it is.
    If repeating that over and over again bothers you I would strongly advise you stay off the ptr. If there is any other question besides that and how do I fly, I have not heard it

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Hey, at least this time the EU character copy works from the start.

~I am also a bit puzzled as to the purpose of the ptr --i'm not sure why ..but hey..i can understand the new world having a brief test run on the ptr to see how it holds up with far many more ppl in it, aside from that... dunno.

Tbhonest, I was of the opinion that the world changes should either happen the day cataclysm releases, if you're going to release them earlier you might as well do them now tbh..unless there is still unfinished stuff.. so ppl can level new class combos and focus on 80-85 with cataclysm launch