Thread: Kazmojo's UI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ok, i have everything figured out (i think) save for one.

how do i get raid frames to show up with pitbull? they dont even show up in configuration mode let alone when i join a raid.

should be my last question.

heres my current UI after the talks and some downloads/configuring. its just by myself though seeing as i cant seem to get raid panels for pitbull to show for some reason.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29ehwkl&s=7

edit: i like satrinas buff bars a lot btw, ty for that one
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Oh man, that looks so very much better. Still not perfect, but definitely getting there. Good to know that it's possible to get past the people that flame and do some good.

Pitbull isn't really for configuring raidframes; I recommend getting a standalone raidframes mod for that, such as Grid.

ah, ok. I have grid actually, just thought i didnt need it with pitbull. re-activation it is.

this is what ill do for now, if anyone feels the need for some tips or ideas, feel free to suggest. im always willing to try and learn lol.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Deleted
    lol, maybe why im here eh champ?

but no, you just wanted to come in here and be angry >.>

Well he/she was just honest, I think you have to learn to be able to receive constructive criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Quilibrium View Post
    lol, maybe why im here eh champ?

but no, you just wanted to come in here and be angry >.>

Well he/she was just honest, I think you have to learn to be able to receive constructive criticism
    there was nothing constructive in that post. regardless this is off topic

Turn off xperl's party and raid frames. They're aweful.

Make your bartender smaller. You should know where your buttons are and which ones are which.

Filter your buffs/debuffs.

And lose the addon on the bottom, it does nothing useful.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-03 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post

edit: also are there any mods for your chat windows?
    There are 2 that I'm aware of, Prat (3.0 onwards) and WoWmessenger, neither actually give much extra functionality, prat reclours names to match classes and allows resizing of text box.
    Wow Messenger just changes the looks of whisper windows really.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    There are 2 that I'm aware of, Prat (3.0 onwards) and WoWmessenger, neither actually give much extra functionality, prat reclours names to match classes and allows resizing of text box.
    Wow Messenger just changes the looks of whisper windows really.
    Class colors and the like are part of the default UI now.

Cellular gives you an IM style feature for whispers, but I don't know if its up to date or not.

Oh, totally missed the question about chat window mods. I use Chatter. Great mod. Prat is also very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    heres my current UI after the talks and some downloads/configuring. its just by myself though seeing as i cant seem to get raid panels for pitbull to show for some reason.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29ehwkl&s=7
    It's much nicer, clear and concise and pretty. Perfect nearly.

Lose the combat log, its really not necessary or useful to see a constant stream of numbers going by.

It looks quite messy to much stuff cramed into one side. I prefer it more organized and also alot of the stuff i see have been seen, many use those same addons in that way. Wish i could upload a picture of my setup but havent posted enough

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    May have been mentioned and i missed it due to tldr syndrome, but do you really even need party frames when in a raid? You can disable them to not show while in raid.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lose the combat log, its really not necessary or useful to see a constant stream of numbers going by.
    ya true, if i join the combat log back with the chat log i can move the minimap and skada in its place giving me more viewing room. (was gone out hunting, saw a buck, alas, nothing close enough to shoot at)

and @ Nabuza, i downloaded pitbull and re-activated my Grid addon, i have my party windows disapear now when i get in a raid ^^

Overall ty everyone for, you have been truly helpful.

Your chat looks really huge, any reason why?
    Also, I'd suggest sticking your map in the top left.
    Also- do you need party frames/raid frames as DPS? I generally don't show mine.

you know, i dont know what i did (if anything) but my scrolling combat text when i hit hitting dummies wont show up (the damage portion) it tells me when i get procs (like black magic) or when i regain mana (thru crits, im a fire mage) but it doesnt show damage...odd

10+ Year Old Account
    I like your ui based on the last screenshot.

Off-topic: I've realised there is an overwhelmingly large amount of Gunnerkrigg Court characters appearing in MMo-champ avatars of late. You guys rock.