Vampiric Embrace

While reading about Vampiric Embrace changes in beta, I was just checking things out on a target dummy in live and noticed that when one of my dots ticks I get two separate heals per tick. I guess I never noticed this, but do we get 15% self heal plus the bonus 3% to party/raid? So in actuality we are getting healed for 18%? Has this always been the case or is this a bug?

It's called devouring plague.

No, I'm talking about putting up shadow word pain, or vampiric touch, but not both, and I get two separate heal ticks. The one heal is generally 25% of the other. One tick was 206 + 52. Devouring Plague gives me 3 heals.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-10-29 at 10:14 PM.

Vampiric Embrace says...heals you for 15% and heals other party members for 3%...

Deleted
    You get to heals because if you SWP + VP a target and they tick at different times you get two heals depending on the damage the spells did ( VP should do more and therefore heal more ) .

No no, he's right. In the beta right now you get two VE heals for each dot tick or direct damage spell you deal damage with. Looks like they're 3% and 6% of the damage, so it's probably a bug where the priest gets the "group" heal as well.

Live you get two too. Just sw a critter and watch the floating #'s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxcoldxxx View Post
    Vampiric Embrace says...heals you for 15% and heals other party members for 3%...
    Tooltip clarifications expresses the intend of the design, but sometimes the live effect isn't the same.