Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Grinding for Wrathful Bow

So after a week of being 80 I have decided that FOS, POS, HOR...can bite me I have yet to even see Night time, NES, Crossbow, or Pole arm.

Since it is warsong weekend and it is my Favorite BG, I have decided to try pvp on the hunter, something I have to done since my 60s.

Any spec or tips? I was thinking of trying SV. And Spiders still the choice pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer BM and Silithid.

Try to have fun, I guess. It's not going to be much fun getting 1 rounded by mages...I can't PVP this patch because I just get too frustrated.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its gonna be different...I have been pvping on a holy pally...talk about being unkillable

It's incredibly frustrating to PvP as a Hunter right now, regardless of spec. This is assuming your BG isn't full of complete morons and they know to always kill a Hunter first in a big fight. I can't even imagine trying to do it with a fresh 80 without any resilience gear.

BM is definitely the best choice because it's really the only spec that's doing any sort of damage in PvP. Though it's still annoying when your big damage is from Kill Command, because it is a very clunky ability to use due to the range issues and the amount of AoE CC that can happen in a BG.

In any event, be prepared to die a lot, and know that you really can't solo any class given equal gear/skill. A well-played _____ will almost always beat a Hunter with the current imbalances in the game.

wow its not that bad jaime just use a spirit beast as bm and u dont die that fast... im usually about even on ktd wiht a boat load more hks than most

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
    wow its not that bad jaime just use a spirit beast as bm and u dont die that fast... im usually about even on ktd wiht a boat load more hks than most
    A 3k heal isn't going to counter a 10k Frost Lance.

Also, please type a little more clearly in the future.

/edit: Ice Lance, whoops. Thanks Mokka don't know how I messed that up.
    Last edited by ASO; 2010-10-29 at 07:45 PM.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post

It's ice lance.

By the OP's post i can see he has got no pvp gear so...
    Go with w/e spec you want, you will die instantly no matter what

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather good at staying alive. At least I have been on every other toon I have played...its just about picking for fights and knowing when to run.

Though getting 2 shotted by a mage as a holy pally kinda sucks...though thats about the only thing that can kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post

/edit: Ice Lance, whoops. Thanks Mokka don't know how I messed that up.

My spirit beast heals me for 13-16k~.

PvPing as a hunter is super easy right now, I don't know why you're having an issue. Pop BW, Intimidation, and spam arcane shot. It's not hard.

EDIT: English isn't the first language for many people here, as a mod you should know this. I'm pretty sure in a bunch of the stickies it explicitly says not to call people out for that.
    Last edited by glo; 2010-10-29 at 08:05 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

type more clearly? i missed a comma

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much per hour? It's not for me it's a friend a swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    My spirit beast heals me for 13-16k~.

PvPing as a hunter is super easy right now, I don't know why you're having an issue. Pop BW, Intimidation, and spam arcane shot. It's not hard.

EDIT: English isn't the first language for many people here, as a mod you should know this. I'm pretty sure in a bunch of the stickies it explicitly says not to call people out for that.
    your battlegroup is full of terrible PvPers if you have a chance to spam arcane shot

I farmed for mine as BM, did a few BG's for a couple nights. Didn't have much problems in my PvE gear(average ilvl251). I don't often PvP but the only classes I seemed to have problems with were Mages, Shadow Priests, and Paladin/Warriors(didn't encounter too many DK's) with Shadowmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    So after a week of being 80 I have decided that FOS, POS, HOR...can bite me I have yet to even see Night time, NES, Crossbow, or Pole arm.

Since it is warsong weekend and it is my Favorite BG, I have decided to try pvp on the hunter, something I have to done since my 60s.

Any spec or tips? I was thinking of trying SV. And Spiders still the choice pet?
    I'm not sure about higher levels, but in the level 10s bracket, Hunters are ruling (along with Warlocks and Rogues). Survival seems to be the clear PVP choice since most damage is elemental rather than physical, so armor redux is negated for most attacks (at least the important ones, anyhow). And personally, I love my spider. A 4 second snare works wonders. Most people will have a trinket, but luckily the CD on Web is only 40 seconds, so it's usable quite frequently, and shock the hell out of most every class when they try to ambush you, only to be stuck in place while you plink them off.

I have been leveling my hunter in BG's and I am almost 78 now. Go go bg weekend! On any note, pvp now on hunter is alot like it was in vanilla wow. Im not having many issues killing anything, minus healers, because for some reason blizzard decided to make them tanks and aparently they have reduced our ms to 10% now which is completly worthless and should be deleted from the game and give us something usefull. You just gotta know how to kite and use all your abilities. Hunters dont have any really long cooldowns and concusive, scatter, and traps are plenty to kite any melee, and silencing shot and deterence are enough to kill a caster. I pvp as marks as you can tell. The only real pitfall to pvp on hunter right now is having to stand still and cast steadyshots to keep your focus up. Couple bubbles and I will have disengage which will make everything that much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't people tell you otherwise, hunter are in an ok place atm, no, they are not frost mages, but full relentless still allows you to stand up to people. Even Full ICC gear + a trinket will give you powerful burst, just keep as far as you can away from people else you get eaten pretty fast.

As for spec, go BM. as your pet can do alot of dmg whilst you are hiding in the corner with 0 resil.

Also you prolly want to get drunk or watch a movie because it's going to take you A LONG TIME to get 4k honou (or w.e it is for the bow). I don't know what a specific game of WSG gets you, but last week AV 3 min blitz were getting 60-100 honour and 20 min turtles were getting about the same.

good luck to you sir

I farmed 3.2k because I was looking at the wrong one at the arena vendor. =) Did it in straight pve gear, did the first 1k or so as BM, but in pve gear pretty much any class that isn't a hunter can all but global your pet unless you go full defensive speccing. Switched back to MM, concentrated on staying behind meat-shields and sending my pet running all over the place when stupid warriors tried to concentrate on it anyway, and after a full 30 hours or so had the 3k honor. Had a lot more luck after I switched to stacking some haste over crit, and in general did far better as MM. As BM you literally can't kill anything with BW on cooldown, at least as MM I can kill non-healers. Ended most BGs after I switched to haste-based marks with top HKs, but I have to admit that even with that every single bg was an exercise in frustration. Especially if I forgot what I was doing and tried to be useful by doing things like targeting healers first, or trying to protect the FC.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i still prefer MM as your pet will die in 2 GCD if you face a proper PvPer (i'm on Cyclone EU so..)
    enjoy your instantHM with minisprint on Disengage (has to be fixed a bit anyway, we lose half of the buff duration because we're "flying", which is just...pointless) and start spamming arcane shot like all people seems to do now

and if you face a winged retardin pointing you just Disengage, turn back and run Forrest

For BG's right now, I think MM is ahead.

Relying on your pet to get a Kill Command in BG's is suuuuuper frustrating.

I haven't tried SV, but I'm pretty sure that it's still the PvP poop spec, unless you want to practice so hard you get hemorrhages in your fingers.

As for pets, it doesn't matter in BG's, but I wouldn't recommend getting a buff pet, get some sort of CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

I didn't spend time in pvp except for the first 3 days after the patch (let account lapse until Cata) and at that time is was Brutal... I hear it's gotten a little more bearable since then. The resilience tab said "50% damage reduction" and I was still getting crit for 30k. I'm sure your best bet is either MM or BM.

...good luck though... you'll need it at this point.