Thread: Ele Ui

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ele Ui

So yea here is the Ui I made, any comment,tips or suggestion is welcome

*The UI as it is now*

*First one I made*
    Last edited by Hegrud; 2010-10-30 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Gj with the UI ;D
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-29 at 07:36 PM.

generally its a good idea to NOT cover your entire screen with UI elements...
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Alot of empty space, i would suggest Finding a way to organize it so it all fits in those lower bars you have. As an added note if you want a bit more flare might i suggest Viewport + KGPanels with SunnArt files on it. Just a suggestion but whatever works for you, just clean it up a bit.

Thnx for the comments, i am looking into getting it slimmer and sleeker. I am not to familiar with sharedmedia altough i get the consept and i wanna try it out to get more finess into the looks, can someone refer me to a addon for it that is currently working?

---------- Post added 2010-10-30 at 01:22 AM ----------

So i played around abit more after getting some opinions on the last one.. Comments, suggestions or questions still welcome

(one taken out of combat)
    ( Taken up close in combat so you can see castbar and stuff)

Still need some tweaking on sct i see...
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-30 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Hey sorry to be bumping this thread but what kind of specs do you run at? both wow and Pc?

I suggest getting Sartina Buff frame to clean up your buffs/debuffs and just make them smaller.
    Second, turn your sexymap into "Blue square" the glow is very large and eye catchy IMO. Its a preset.
    third, I'll tell you what I just got told, Set recount to show only out of combat, and omen in its place for In combat since you don't need to check DPS during Combat.

I am running wow in 1920x1200 window mode with settings on high or ultra

Computer is:
    i7 2.67ghz (2.72)
    6gb ram
    FTX260 graphics card

Not a big fan of the giant black bar at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoballs View Post
    I suggest getting Sartina Buff frame to clean up your buffs/debuffs and just make them smaller.
    Second, turn your sexymap into "Blue square" the glow is very large and eye catchy IMO. Its a preset.
    third, I'll tell you what I just got told, Set recount to show only out of combat, and omen in its place for In combat since you don't need to check DPS during Combat.
    been looking for a buff addon, thnx

---------- Post added 2010-10-30 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    Not a big fan of the giant black bar at the bottom.
    U talking about the original?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegrud View Post
    I am running wow in 1920x1200 window mode with settings on high or ultra

Computer is:
    i7 2.67ghz (2.72)
    6gb ram
    FTX260 graphics card
    Cool thanks!
    Fps looks decent! whats it like during heavy encounters? drop low enough to lag?

Ive been playing this setup for quite awhile and I cant say ive had much frame lag no. I can drop to like 30 in dala but be over 100 in Org

Tons of useless, black space along with tons of clicking.

Wow tune it down, you don't need a keybar if you think again Learn to keybind and keybar is useless. Have a totem bar and your hp + opponents hp, you can make it a really smooth UI for Elemental Shamans =)
    Bold Sold Gold Hold Told Fold Cold
    Done?
    No..
    Doled Foaled Goaled Holed Poled
    Rolled Scold Scrolled Done soon? meh..
    Shoaled Strolled Tolled Trolled.

Updated Ui Ele

Here is the updated one, sry for making a new thread for it but I cant edit or update the old one..
    Comments, questions and tips are welcomedd again, after the feedback i got from the
    first one i made quite a few changes (yes I am trying to get somthing to make the buffs better, but SBF is currently broken).

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-30 at 09:24 AM.

Treeston will probably merge the threads in a few minutes, so here is the link for your updated picture for him.

[URL=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5268/wowscrnshot103010030421.jpg][IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5268/wowscrnshot103010030421.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    going to comment on the "modified" UI you posted second.

Well done layout, it's balanced. Not a huge fan of the giant white borders, but that's personal taste. You may want to lock your chat windows to get rid of the giant-ass drag handles in the bottom right corners. I'd move the Player and Target UF's up even with your cooldown bar, and adjust the cast bar to the new spot.

You're using several fonts - I'd suggest moving everything to using the same font. The same with with statusbar textures - I see 2 or 3 in those screenshots, should move them to one. I'd also stick the performance meter (FPS/Latency) under one of the two chat frames, it's not really important.

For another, I'd drop both Omen and Recount, and move to Skada. Skada is a Damage Meter, similar to Recount, but it has a built-in Threat Meter similar to Omen, and can be set up to auto-change to the Threat Meter when you're in combat, and then go back to whatever meter you were looking at when combat is over. This allows you to use 1 addon for both, and to free up some screen real estate.

One more thing. Sexymap. The glowing blue sigil border does NOT fit with the rest of your interface. Change to another skin that fits better, and it'll help your UI feel more coherent.

Looks nice and clean setup.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...153-Align.html

Line everything up and it'll immediately look far better. Not a fan of the borders/minimap art, and you could probably manage with less buttons taking up less space on your screen.