Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    i tend to stay in Thunderbluff more then Org i just like how it looks plus its somewhat calming to chill in thunderbluff
    This. In vanilla before I had DSL (Was using Dial Up) TB and Darn were the two cities I used. They were also my favorites so I didn't mind. I still use them when leveling a new toon, and I will use them again in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    dont forget, the avrage wow players IQ is that of a cheese doodle
    ROFL!
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2010-10-29 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Alliance have the same problem although not quite as bad (Stormwind has quite a few people in, but its mainly Iron Forge). As alliance the location of the city isn't a problem...we hang in capital cities and move through by HSing to Dalaran. On horde though the Blimp things (or whatever there called...I'm quite new to Horde) play a factor. For me TB is by far my favourite looking city, but I always go to Org as theres somewhere to hang out and mess about - The Bank roof. Similar thing happened before I transferred to Horde, as alliance we mainly choose IF as we could hang around on the cart by the bank...there isn't really a spot like that in TB or Undercity...and the people I've seen hanging around in SW are always on the statue...

Basically WoW players like to hang around on stuff the can jump on...whether it be a bank roof (oh how I miss the easy way of getting on IF bank roof), a cart or a statue...

For newer gamers Ogramar is just quicker access to everything since it has direct access to TB,UC,and STV, and nearly direct access to SM (aka zepline to UC then taking orb to SM).

For older players the above applies as well and also because of it being out of habit since originally the only horde capitol to have a AH was Orgramar... I know Alliance also only had one but I forget which one that was since I did not play alliance back then.

I mainly use SM when I make using the AH and buying stuff that I need to smelt and/or use an anvil since it is easier access there to that stuff (well was easier till they finally added a smelt/anvil in front of orgramar but its still habit, or when I am farming stratholme for Barrons mount.... any other time I use Orgramar or UC equally... only time I use TB is when I am flying to AQ or Ony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Why are all of the Horde capital cities except Orgrimmar underpopulated? I can see why Exodar and Darnassus are since they are cut off from the rest of the world. Why so much hate for Silvermoon, Undercity, and Thunderbluff?
    cuz i killed them all

love ur avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    I have one reason why I hate Undercity: those god damn doors are too small on nearly all mounts for Tauren (though they did fix it for some)
    With the way those doors are made you could get stuck with any toon with the execption being a gnome with a potion that shirnks you (yes even a regular sized gnome could have mount get them stuck from going into elevator in the UC).

I go to UC ainly because its so underpopulated. Other people isnt always a good thing, a bunch of teenagers running around in circles on top of orgrimmar bank just gets me reminded of how old I am.

Undercity grows on ya, I even use Silvermoon once in a while just for the spectacular design

Undercity's my home!

Quote Originally Posted by Catforum View Post
    Silvermoon looks the best. I usually hang out there cause org is ugly
    Also, how do you get lost in a circle?
    It has multiple levels and a map only for the lower one

Imo, if say that the Horde will use 2 major cities to chill out in in Cataclysm, it will have to be Undercity because of the zeppelins. Allthough i would love to see TB populated, its simply too inconvenient. Only means of transportation from TB is to Orgrimmar, besides from the flight master, though it wont me so much need for them in cata

There will always be a capital city. If you want something crafted its either Dalaran or Orgrimmar/Stormwind. If you're in TB and the person making your ICC boots is in Silvermoon, you have to either waste your hearth, or if thats not already down, take the zep to Org, then to UC, then to SM. Whereas most crafters hanging out in Dal/Org has a 50/50 chance of being in the right city.

I play alliance main and most of my toons are either in Dal or IF. I hate SW because its packed with all the lowbies asking for gold, and I'd rather not deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Undercity is a maze? Really? I forgot when circles were hard to figure out.
    Personally I don't have a problem with UC now but back when I first rolled horde it is more than just a set of circles.

The corridors are almost identical and it's not always easy to tell where you are without checking the map. Even now I end up having to search for the common vendors/npcs that I ought to know.

So I can sort of see why someone might call it maze if they don't explain why.

As an alli, I always prefer to hang out in SW, I am just more familiar with it and the mage quarter is literally a stones throw away, though that doesn't stop me teleporting to it I know lots of people like IF though so I suppose we have it better because we have it split between two connected cities.

Always wanted to hang out in Silvermoon but it was always a pain to go anywhere.

Wanna go to Northrend? Have to tele to UC then take that zep.
    Wanna go to Org? Have to take another zep from UC.
    Wanna go to buy some stuff in trade? Forget it.

I just wish more people would hang out in SMC.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Deleted
    people always find a new "hub" cata will be the same

Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    Undercity is like a maze, silvermoon is out of the way, both are on the alliance continent and Thunderbluff, if you fall (easy to do) you die.
    If you fall your dumb. Thunderbluff is kind out of the way. Undercity is most the organized and easiest to navigate and on all the servers iv played on its been populated. Not as much as org but it has always around 30ish people.

15+ Year Old Account
    In Cata I expect the un-used cities will see more traffic. Depending on where you are.

Undercity was my first home city, though I changed to Orgrimmar out of convenience. Once the Auction Houses were added to UC, it has been my home since.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    With the way those doors are made you could get stuck with any toon with the execption being a gnome with a potion that shirnks you (yes even a regular sized gnome could have mount get them stuck from going into elevator in the UC).
    On a mammoth yea, but Taurens get stuck on just about everything (hawkstriders and wolves are two of the only ones that Taurens don't get stuck on and that is only because they fixed it awhile back)

10+ Year Old Account
    On my hordies, I <33 Thunderbluff and Undercity I also go to Silvermoon from time to time, never really was a fan on Orgrimmar. Didn't like how big it was and the map of it made it too confusing to get lost in. And on my Ally characters, I usually go to Exodar just because it's a lot less crowded

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

In Cata TB will feel like a giant perch since we can fly everywhere. I do hope it becomes more populated.
    Also, by saying UC is a maze, I didn't mean literally, What I meant is it can be hard to find what you need, since no matter where you are in the circle, everything looks the same. It also feels pretty claustrophobic IMO. Really small corridors/stairs.