View Poll Results: Which version of Cataclysm will you be using for your download?

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • I will buy the game discs and install from DVD

229 48.31%
  • I will order the digital sale regardless of missing cinematics

113 23.84%
  • Who cares?

132 27.85%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabsy
    Alrighty, so I just called Blizzard myself to see what was up with the in-game rendered cinematics. First of all the person who I talked to was completely confused by what I said. So it went something like this:

Me: So if I do a quest that activated in-game rendered cinematics it will play the cinematic? with the digitally downloaded copy?

Blizz Rep: Yes it will, it will be like you have everything the boxed copy will have. People are probably getting the blue post confused with the cinematic DVD that will not be included in the download.

And there you have it.
    Hope you are right :P

Quote Originally Posted by frank2312 View Post
    Hope you are right :P
    well im not one to troll, just trying to calm the tide of people freaking out =/

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    I have already bought/downloaded the Upgrade Digitally. I have already seen.. and can always see again the cinematic. The ones "in-game" are now live Machinima... and aren't large rendered videos and there are a LOT more of them than ever before... it rocks!

I will probably look for the intro cinematic to be offered in a torrent for filesharing and copy them into the folders later. As for the other ones (from Wrath and before) I already have them from my oder install... problem solved.

I don't know what the issue is... Digital D/L is a convenience.. and for that convenience there is usually some drawback. You have a choice... go buy the DVD if you want.

But seems some peeps want their cake and eat it too... "teleport" my box to me at 12:01am. Sorry it doesn't work that way.

For me? there was NO hesitation... I am on East Coast.. so I can go to bed a little early.. say 9pm (6 server) and set the alarm for 2:45 am (11:45pm server) Make some coffee, maybe a little breakfast... and jump into the game refreshed and ready for a marathon of gameplay.

Yes of course I'd like to have the cinematics... and since I want them.. I will find a way to get them after the fact... but on first launch of the game.. I would skip it anyway and start leveling ASAP.

Thank you Blizzard!
    I don't doubt that's what the person told you. And it's quite probably accurate. But it would behoove Blizzard to post that semi-prominently in their forums, so people can point to it as a reliable source for quelling these concerns.

i hav digital WOTLK n saw all in game cinematics? why wud it be dif for cata?

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    i hav digital WOTLK n saw all in game cinematics? why wud it be dif for cata?
    Unless you bought it in the last couple weeks, this was reported as a fairly recent change.

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    Unless you bought it in the last couple weeks, this was reported as a fairly recent change.
    I think we should lock this post its quite pointless everyone writes their assumptions.
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

I interpreted things to mean that the digital download will not include it, but I think regular patching will. Patch 4.0.3a for example should download the Shattering cinematic. I think they're just not sending anything out to us early that they don't have to.

I dont really care cuz Im not getting on release date and you can just youtube it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

This affects me not because i'm buying the retail version anyway

ofc you get cinematics. Its just disabled now so you wont snook around and find it in the game files.

you download the game files now. you play with no cinematics. you download the last files you need when the servers are opening up for cata and you get cinematics. Case closed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    ofc you get cinematics. Its just disabled now so you wont snook around and find it in the game files.

you download the game files now. you play with no cinematics. you download the last files you need when the servers are opening up for cata and you get cinematics. Case closed
    Sounds logical.

---------- Post added 2010-10-30 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Sounds logical.

Anyway waiting for the blue confirmation in our post @ EU realms cause the person who called them asked the blue's to confirm it also that we will receive everything! So the OP was wrong! Hooray!
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    Anyway waiting for the blue confirmation in our post @ EU realms cause the person who called them asked the blue's to confirm it also that we will receive everything! So the OP was wrong! Hooray!
    link the EU thread plz

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    link the EU thread plz
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=4

there u go.
    Why?

Deleted
    What I can assume they will do is not include them to speed up downloads and then perhaps allow them for download afterwards if people really want them.

That's the only thing that would make sense to me anyway.

Even if blizzard withheld all cinematics from digital downloads, within hours someone would make a small installer that would patch it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickorus View Post
    What I can assume they will do is not include them to speed up downloads and then perhaps allow them for download afterwards if people really want them.

That's the only thing that would make sense to me anyway.
    IF people really want them?
    Whats the point in adding such a new feature such as ingame cinematics, then jewing over your online customers, i study Business Studies, and in terms of customer satisfaction and logic, this would be a stupid move to not include the cinematics. Blizzard may save a couple of $1,000, but would a company really jew over so many subscribers for like 1/100th of a monthly subscription from their 12 million players? i think not.

I was pretty much half and half, buying the box or the digital, and this pushed me over the edge.

Dear Activision,

Stop being orehays.

THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD WlLL INCLUDE THE IN GAME VIDEOS. STOP FLIPPING SHIT. READ THE FUCKING THREAD INSTEAD OF JUST POSTING "LOL THIS IZ BAD ACTIVISION U MAD BLIZZARD?"

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I checked wrathgate and sure enough it wasn't there. This is kind of lame. I know I can see them on YouTube but I'm paying the same price so I should be getting the same content.
    Blizz is actually making more money from digital when you consider packaging, shipping, retail profit percentage.