View Poll Results: Which version of Cataclysm will you be using for your download?

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • I will buy the game discs and install from DVD

229 48.31%
  • I will order the digital sale regardless of missing cinematics

113 23.84%
  • Who cares?

132 27.85%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Oh noe's and i cant type in www.youtube.com? and go cataclysm cinematic? my life is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If it's a Wrathgate type cinematic, you might not even know you're missing one. Also, it's better to be completely surprised and have it in game than to be spoon fed a video off Youtube. That's why Youtube video's are considered Spoilers, like with the fall of the Lich King. Although that video was kind of a let down.

This is why the game I'm most looking forward to is Deus Ex: HR, instead of anything from the increasingly bland and contrived Warcraft universe.

I have already bought/downloaded the Upgrade Digitally. I have already seen.. and can always see again the cinematic. The ones "in-game" are now live Machinima... and aren't large rendered videos and there are a LOT more of them than ever before... it rocks!

I will probably look for the intro cinematic to be offered in a torrent for filesharing and copy them into the folders later. As for the other ones (from Wrath and before) I already have them from my oder install... problem solved.

I don't know what the issue is... Digital D/L is a convenience.. and for that convenience there is usually some drawback. You have a choice... go buy the DVD if you want.

But seems some peeps want their cake and eat it too... "teleport" my box to me at 12:01am. Sorry it doesn't work that way.

For me? there was NO hesitation... I am on East Coast.. so I can go to bed a little early.. say 9pm (6 server) and set the alarm for 2:45 am (11:45pm server) Make some coffee, maybe a little breakfast... and jump into the game refreshed and ready for a marathon of gameplay.

Yes of course I'd like to have the cinematics... and since I want them.. I will find a way to get them after the fact... but on first launch of the game.. I would skip it anyway and start leveling ASAP.

Thank you Blizzard!
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2010-10-30 at 01:31 PM.

Are you people blind or? You are getting all cut-scenes and cinematics included in digital download!!!

Removing the cinematics from the digital version is just bad. Why shouldn't I get all the game when i pay for it? Missing cinematics remove some very important story telling from the game. Something blizzard said they wanted to add so you didn't have to read every quest to get a grip on things. But I'm not that worried actually. I *would* be worried if the account (after upgrading) became soulbound so you only could play from digitally downloaded clients. And we all know that's not gonna happen.

So worst case scenario is that we have to find a torrent somewhere for the *whole* game including the cinematics and use that to play. As long as they don't lock accounts to certain clients it's an easy fix actually. And with that in mind, why not give us the cinematics right away? I really don't see any reason to not do it.

My guess is a misinformed GM rather than anything else actually.

Quote Originally Posted by azolex View Post
    Are you people blind or? You are getting all cut-scenes and cinematics included in digital download!!!
    Most people here are freaking out (and rightly so) due to a blue post which was linked a few pages back where blizzard actually did state that cinematics will not be included.
    Last edited by Netherwolf; 2010-10-30 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added post

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they dont wanna redo the thing they did with Fall of the Lich King, video being exposed before anyone killed him <.<
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Looks like blizzard wants people who buy the digital copy to download an illegal version of the game from a torrent site... Thats what I would do if I bought the digital version.

Seems the cinematics are being held back and will be streamed to the client upon launch 7-12, I understand it's so certain sites and individuals don't datamine the in game cata cinematics before launch.

Whatever the case its so simple to get the cinematics I really don't see the issue with them holding them back.

Remember the cinematic we have seen may not have seen the whole thing but merely what they wanted to show us at the time.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherwolf View Post
    Removing the cinematics from the digital version is just bad. Why shouldn't I get all the game when i pay for it? Missing cinematics remove some very important story telling from the game. Something blizzard said they wanted to add so you didn't have to read every quest to get a grip on things. But I'm not that worried actually. I *would* be worried if the account (after upgrading) became soulbound so you only could play from digitally downloaded clients. And we all know that's not gonna happen.

So worst case scenario is that we have to find a torrent somewhere for the *whole* game including the cinematics and use that to play. As long as they don't lock accounts to certain clients it's an easy fix actually. And with that in mind, why not give us the cinematics right away? I really don't see any reason to not do it.

My guess is a misinformed GM rather than anything else actually.

Most people here are freaking out (and rightly so) due to a blue post which was linked a few pages back where blizzard actually did state that cinematics will not be included.
    You are getting them .. just not until release .. you will get them the same time everyone else does. 12:01 am 7th December.

This is through the customer service guy's on the phone.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2010-10-30 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killaklown View Post
    Looks like blizzard wants people who buy the digital copy to download an illegal version of the game from a torrent site... Thats what I would do if I bought the digital version.
    I actually do doubt that it's illegal. Mainly because you still need to pay in order to get an upgraded account. And when you have payed to play cataclysm, why should it be illegal to get a *proper* client? I mean, I could probably borrow the discs from a friend, so no real issue there. Torrents are not always illegal ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    You are getting them .. just not until release .. you will get them the same time everyone else does. 12:01 am 7th December.
    That would make a lot of sense actually. Thanks for the update ^^
    Last edited by Netherwolf; 2010-10-30 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added post

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a shit about cinematic in the game, I can see them on thousand of sites, I always skip them. Digital download is <3, no physical presence at the stores in town!

Kotick has mentioned he wants to sell cinematics as separate DVDs so this could be the start of that.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...cenes-As-Films

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    Kotick has mentioned he wants to sell cinematics as separate DVDs so this could be the start of that.

No.

Don't go there. D:
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post

Please don't mention that name here ... Don't invoke that which cant be undone.

Alrighty, so I just called Blizzard myself to see what was up with the in-game rendered cinematics. First of all the person who I talked to was completely confused by what I said. So it went something like this:

Me: So if I do a quest that activated in-game rendered cinematics it will play the cinematic? with the digitally downloaded copy?

Blizz Rep: Yes it will, it will be like you have everything the boxed copy will have. People are probably getting the blue post confused with the cinematic DVD that will not be included in the download.

And there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Seems the cinematics are being held back and will be streamed to the client upon launch 7-12, I understand it's so certain sites and individuals don't datamine the in game cata cinematics before launch.

Whatever the case its so simple to get the cinematics I really don't see the issue with them holding them back.

Remember the cinematic we have seen may not have seen the whole thing but merely what they wanted to show us at the time.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 01:09 AM ----------

This is through the customer service guy's on the phone.
    I totally understand why blizzard would do this. They want to keep all of these cinematics a secret. So, why would they include them in the pre-download before launch? Many people are combing through every ounce of data they receive from Blizzard trying to datamine anything they can. If Blizzard streams them to us on launch day, that is perfectly ok with me. I wouldn't want something I worked very hard on leaked before the release day.

I am The Horde

wtf is the point of not including the cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post

I don't know what the issue is... Digital D/L is a convenience.. and for that convenience there is usually some drawback. You have a choice... go buy the DVD if you want.

But seems some peeps want their cake and eat it too... "teleport" my box to me at 12:01am. Sorry it doesn't work that way.

For me? there was NO hesitation... I am on East Coast.. so I can go to bed a little early.. say 9pm (6 server) and set the alarm for 2:45 am (11:45pm server) Make some coffee, maybe a little breakfast... and jump into the game refreshed and ready for a marathon of gameplay.
    Thank you Blizzard!
    Legaly blizzard can be sued if they dont it cause they say they offer the digital version as the same version wich means even if 1 mistake exists its their fault...i will go with the missinformed GM version or a gm who tried to troll us but since they havent oficially said anything ofc everyone worries...But since boub said what he said...i mean boub iz a god.
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

I seriously wouldn't worry about this. It seems like the blue poster was pretty unsure of whats going on as well and if I had to guess they'll be added later down the road.

Props to Rockhorn for the awesome sig!

another reason to buy the hard copy, i like having the box and cinematics

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crabsy View Post
    Alrighty, so I just called Blizzard myself to see what was up with the in-game rendered cinematics. First of all the person who I talked to was completely confused by what I said. So it went something like this:

Me: So if I do a quest that activated in-game rendered cinematics it will play the cinematic? with the digitally downloaded copy?

Blizz Rep: Yes it will, it will be like you have everything the boxed copy will have. People are probably getting the blue post confused with the cinematic DVD that will not be included in the download.

And there you have it.
    In before trolls say it...Give us recorded phone!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Not waiting up to a week for game to be delivered where I live >>>>> Cinematics