10+ Year Old Account

How's this for a tank healing build?

So I don't heal that often, but I have the gear (and the ability) for it, so I was wondering what the very opinionated MMOC community thinks of a talent/ glyph build I thought of.

http://wowtal.com/#k=te4Eijsq.a6q.paladin.q1TmfS

I don't have points in Light of Dawn, 'cause well, I intend to primarily tank heal, and I just don't like it very much. And I didn't put points in Aura Mastery because I consider it more of a pvp oriented talent, mainly because of the short duration and that I don't see much utility from it aside from stopping that DK's/ Warriors (or whomever's) Strangulate/ Shield Bash(or heroic throw I think) from really fucking you in the ass.

Thoughts? Flames? Actual-constructive-criticism?

Deleted
    The 2 points in improved judgements are completely wasted, would could then go into aura mastery and light of dawn.

Aua Mastery is pretty good for AoE magic damage when used with the resistance aura, but its also untrackable in how much it helps.

Light of dawn actually procs a beacon of light heal off every person you hit with LoD, so its actually a realy good fast heal for the tank if you aim it well at other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    The 2 points in improved judgements are completely wasted, would could then go into aura mastery and light of dawn.

Aua Mastery is pretty good for AoE magic damage when used with the resistance aura, but its also untrackable in how much it helps.

Light of dawn actually procs a beacon of light heal off every person you hit with LoD, so its actually a realy good fast heal for the tank if you aim it well at other people.
    being able to stand double as far to judge helps on movement fights.

Offtopic: It quite amazes me how frikkin hard it must be to write Paladin tank healing, Shaman tank healing, Priest tank healing, Druid tank healing build... Or similar, like [class]resto build. So many topics I've clicked wanting to see other healers opinions on healing builds, especially my own class, shaman. And I click to see that it isn't my own class...

Ontopic: I don't play a Pala healer, so can't comment on your build =(
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    http://wowtal.com/#k=te4EijEJT.a6q.paladin.q1Tmf

wouldn't this be better? There's no real need for hit when tank healing or if you absolutely need your judgement to hit (does it need to hit to give the buff?), get 1EJ/1IJ. You still get good judgement range and AM and LOD.

I'm by no means an expert but that makes sense to me.
    Last edited by mmoc09c4a47583; 2010-10-30 at 12:17 PM. Reason: derp

Deleted
    Go into icc and find a boss that you actually have an issue with being more than 20 yards from the boss. You'll be hard touched to find one, the only one i ever used to be further than 20 yards from was saurfang and that was for RF and kiting ads, making sure melee didnt die from melee hits.

Think of it this way, tanks usually face a boss away from the raid, therefore the hitbox of the boss is inbetween the tank and you. You need to be a minimum of 40 yards from the tank, pref 35ish just in case he fancies take a step back for no reason(it does happen). So your 35 yards from the tank. The bosses hitboxes do vary, but majority are large creatures with hitboxes ranging 10-20 yards. Which staright away means you only need 20-25 yard range tops, assuming ur near max distance from the tank.

The only reason for a 40 yard judgement is to get into combat earlier so you dont get sapped in pvp.

As for your question Blast, yes the judgement does have to hit to gain the haste buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kangodo, I didn't really think about the LoD + Beacon thing. That's not that bad then if you're heavy on melee in a fight like Cleave Jr. I'm currently not specced into healing, but I currently kinda feel squishy when I tank so I'll see how things go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Offtopic: It quite amazes me how frikkin hard it must be to write Paladin tank healing, Shaman tank healing, Priest tank healing, Druid tank healing build... Or similar, like [class]resto build. So many topics I've clicked wanting to see other healers opinions on healing builds, especially my own class, shaman. And I click to see that it isn't my own class...

Ontopic: I don't play a Pala healer, so can't comment on your build =(
    It also amazes me that you think in a Pala forum he's writing about Priest or Shaman healing. When he's in a Pala forum, he's probably talking about Pala healing.