Herald of the Titans problem

Hi guys! Currently we are planning to defeat Algalon for this achiev, so i began to get gear. It says that it shouldnt be better than U10, but people for example from wowhead say, that even the Conqueror regalia, the u25 weapons and the craftable ulduar epics are also good for this fight. Is this true?

im not sure but isnt the algolon loot ilvl238? but if i understand right u can hav full 232 gear maybe cos its not higher than the algalon loot drops on 10man.not sure thow

Completed this achievement on the 1/09/2010. You're only allowed to use 232 weapons and every other piece of gear should be 226 or lower. This includes librams, idols and sigils. I wouldn't recommend using PvP pieces either, seen some others not get the achievement due to the use of PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok - 226 Gear (Everything bar weps, ranged, and wands/librams etc), this is anything from uld 25 normal mode and below (inc uld10 HM).

- 232 weps: Any weapon/ranged item from ToC10 Normal.

Thats basically it.

Currently (since patch) ala hits like a freak'n truck - and I am not sure about anyone else, but my group has been unable to kill him. (Talking 4 heals to keep a tank up). (Using 2 warrior tanks who are "just" geared enough")

GL with your attempts!

EDIT: Crafted uld epics are fine as long as they are below 226.

EDIT2: Also Trib to dedicated insanity will be extremly hard with the MS nerf and Block nerf - anub will eat you alive - Reports even suggest 25 ToGC Anub HM is VERY hard in ICC gear.

EDIT3: A group from my realm killed him last night.
    Last edited by Rukah; 2010-10-30 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    you can have 232 weapons /off hand and 226 armor, trinkets and rings, Download an addon Called F.R.E.A.K. you can use it to see if your gear will screw up the achievment or if it is good enough.

iLevel 226 for everything except weapon/ranged/offhand which can be 232. Can confirm as I have the title.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

You cannot use items that have a higher item level than what can be found in 10 man.

Herald of the Titans is the achievement in Ulduar 10-player. Requires killing Combat Algalon the Observer by using the equip with the maximum item level 226 or 232 weapons. This included:

* All loot from Ulduar 10-player, including loot from hard-modes and from Combat Yogg-Saron.
    * Any 226 item level loot from Ulduar 25-player, Tier 8 pieces, or PvP gear.
    * Weapons (shield, offhand, ranged, etc.) can be 232 item level - including loot from 10-player Onyxia's Lair, Trial of the Crusader, and the Heroic ICC 5-mans: Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, and The Halls of Reflection.
    * Sigils, Librams, Totems, and Idols can only be 226 or lower item level.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

And yes, you can use drops off Algalon as they are 226.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

Just an FYI, Hes currentlly hitting harder atm becuase of using Cata Calculations for all his hits, So if your tanks get crushed dont be suprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Ok - 226 Gear (Everything bar weps, ranged, and wands/librams etc), this is anything from uld 25 normal mode and below (inc uld10 HM).

- 232 weps: Any weapon/ranged item from ToC10 Normal.

Thats basically it.

Currently (since patch) ala hits like a freak'n truck - and I am not sure about anyone else, but my group has been unable to kill him. (Talking 4 heals to keep a tank up). (Using 2 warrior tanks who are "just" geared enough")

GL with your attempts!

EDIT: Crafted uld epics are fine as long as they are below 226.

EDIT2: Also Trib to dedicated insanity will be extremly hard with the MS nerf and Block nerf - anub will eat you alive - Reports even suggest 25 ToGC Anub HM is VERY hard in ICC gear.

EDIT3: A group from my realm killed him last night.
    we one shoted it 2 days ago anub was just as faceroll as he was pre patch he took more healing but then again casters were doing way more dps we had a 8.5k arcane mage 7kish warlock 7k rogue me a 5k hunter a 5k pala tank 4.4k rogue and a 3.1k dk tank on anub and it went done like the snow before the sun :>