Heroic LK 10 question

Hey all, my 10 man guild has been working on heroic LK (10) now for about 2 weeks. We get into phase 3 almost every attempt now, but occasionally lose someone in phase 2 if we get out of position and get bad defile on a valk.

I have two main questions. One is specific to mages; When we get valks, our prot warrior does the stuns, with our destro lock on back up. If things go awry I will put my impact procs onto the valk to hold her until the warrior is ready to stun again. Are impact proc stuns on DR with prot warrior, destro lock stuns? If so I'll just continue doing what I'm doing. But if they aren't, I'm just going to put every single one I have into the valk.

The second is the phase 3 adds. We haven't had a single problem with the Frostmourne or w/e part. We have all ranged dps except for our feral, and we all just spam instants (scorch in my case) with /tar /cast macros. No one ever dies. We run into problems on the vile spirits. Our holy paladin bubbles and jumps into them, I iceblock in them, but ultimately our tanks just have trouble soaking them. I really don't understand the soaking "technique", but we just have trouble with it. It's really the only thing holding us back from a kill, any help with it is greatly appreciated.

about the vile spirits. i know some guilds have the entire raidgroup kite them around the edge, that might be something you want to try? i dont have a video on this unfortunately but someone else might have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes impact procs are on DR with other stuns. Only exceptions are warrior's charge. Before patch, one of rogue stuns was off the same DR with other stuns too (cheap shot?), but now all their stuns are on same DR.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

For the tank soaking, he needs to taunt one and use a ranged on another, try to not get all at once and if shit happens he can aoe stun. He should also be poping a strong cd on every soaking phase, if he dosnt have one then get a pally to do scrifice + bubble or a priest do PS or GS. You shouldnt be killing the adds anyways seeing as the tank soaking is really easy if he just pops some at a time and the rest of the raid is stacked up on LK. Earth bind totem / frost trap also helps a ton with the soaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyhello View Post
    occasionally lose someone in phase 2 if we get out of position and get bad defile on a valk.
    On 10 man thats a pretty hard thing to fail at, there no reason to hug since there's only one valkyr so just spread out a bit.

When we get valks, our prot warrior does the stuns, with our destro lock on back up.
    Don't use a destro warlock to stun, you've said you have both a feral and a paladin - both of them have much better stuns, warlock stun is really short and should never be used unless the valkyr is literally on the edge. Paladin is most likely your best stunner. All stun effects share DR, thats why its bad for the lock to stun. - Pala stun, then warrior / rogue / feral.

Our holy paladin bubbles and jumps into them, I iceblock in them, but ultimately our tanks just have trouble soaking them. I really don't understand the soaking "technique", but we just have trouble with it. It's really the only thing holding us back from a kill, any help with it is greatly appreciated.
    Firstly, what tank's are you using? Using holy pala's and mage's to soak the initial wave's are both good way's of doing it - while the offtank is still tanking an add.

Secondly, the tank which is soaking probably need's more healing then the actual main tank and should be using atleast a personal or healer CD every wave, also makesure everyone is hugged together behind LK in this phase, hunter trap's are really helpful if placed correctly.

P.S. We use a prot pally to soak on 25 man and there's never any issue's.

Make sure you have some type of AoE slow on the viles if possible. Frost traps and earthbind totems work extremely well and allow your tank to pop them much slower and not risk popping 5+ at the same time and being 1 shot. As has been said, the tank should be using CD's every time. If your tank is left with a lacklustre CD at any time for viles, get a pally to bubble or mage to IB. My advice here is to have your tank help soaking, just to make sure that nne get past. 2 soakers is better than 1.

Also, if the situation is really bad, with no tank CD's/bubbles/iceblocks, have your hunters distracting shot one and your feral should taunt. The raid can spread and attempt to soak them individually. Stuns/knockbacks will help with this.