Thread: Prot PVP Gear

Prot PVP Gear

I've had my warrior since Vanilla, and always stayed true to MS for PVP, but I've decided to have some fun with prot. Am I correct in assuming it is best using my near full wrath main pieces and off-pieces in order to take advantage of reselience, or is equipping any pve tank gear more beneficial? Should I keep using the wrath ring? I've been using the same somewhat out-dated trinkets for prot pvp that I use for prot pve. Any reasonable advice would be appreciated.

since they removed arp and the armor of everyone is more or less equal no matter the value i dont think prot is that op as it was before 4.0. if you wanna have fun - go for 1700-1800res gem res, res-trinket etc, get all the self heal talents and you will have a great wsg weekend

My current enchants on my wrathful gear are still damage enchants, should I completely redo them for prot pvp??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycruise View Post
    My current enchants on my wrathful gear are still damage enchants, should I completely redo them for prot pvp??
    no need. i assume you want to stack stamina which is understandable but unneeded. if you lose to someone you will lose under the pressure of either retarded burst (though through >1500 resilience i can't see that happening) or kiting, in which case you will have another 5 seconds in which to be frustrated. go for full str/atk power enchants. titanium plating on shield, 65 atk on weapon. berserking is just spoiling yourself with no reason and little benefit.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Scrub Guy View Post
    I myself am Prot-PvPing atm but with 'only' 1347 resi. Full PvP gear but using Black Bruise Heroic. I was origionally fully gemmed for Arp and obviously since the patch all the gems are now + crit and I seem to be doing fine :P Would there be a significant difference between going full Strength or full Crit for PvP?
    you'd do fine even with agi gems. that's hardly the point. str will yield better results. however at 1347 i'd still pump resilience through gemming.
    Last edited by Batranu the 2nd; 2010-10-30 at 11:09 PM.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    thats my warrior http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ck&cn=Tartorus
    this type of equipping/socketing was way more powerful in 3.3 now i'd recommend you to go for full +20 STR rubys and full AP enchants.

but yeah you should definitely go for pvp gear because i now have -42% damage reduction and am therefore way more persistent, the reaosn why i am keeping these stamina jewels and enchants is that its sitll okay because i have 53 k life in pvp and bloodcraze regenerates 1k life every second which as mentioned before makes me way more persistent.

But with full strength/AP enchants and gems you'd do way more dmg I for exampel would have about 1,3k additional AP and would therefore do way more damage, shieldslam now crits for 7k on pvp equpped druids a bit mroe in mages and bit less on plates/bears, but with full AP i'd do 8-9k and alsways keep in mind that heroic strike does 60% of your AP so it scales with ur AP.

for Cataclysm i'll get full pvp gear but go for full AP, concussion blow for example will also deal 75% of you AP instead of 38% in cata.