Orgrimmar during Cataclysm

Hopefully they finish up remodeling Orgrimmar during Cataclysm's run. I wouldn't want to be in a half finished city all the time. It'd be nice if every patch they make one big step in finishing Orgrimmar, and when we get to fight Deathwing it's finished, although the term "progress" has seemingly been forgotten by Blizzard ever since Patch 3.3.0...

Designing a "half finished" city is just as much work as designing a complete one. Don't give your hopes up.

The inn at Sentinel Hill and the bridge in Lakeshire would like a word with you.

I hope Blizzard improves that city. Its so confusing
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've no doubt that it will be gradually completed as the expansion progresses, like the AT. Heck, the AT got tower upgrades even when 3.3 hit for no real reason. I'm sure they aren't going to leave a major capital looking like it is in the middle of construction for the whole expansion. Kirisani says the Blizz world team likes to find way to make the setting feel lived in, like it is changing, so this should be on of those things.

the bridg will be finish dont know about the inn
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Human and dwarfs make for poor workers compared to Goblins...Talk with your local Union about it.

Hope the Stormwind park crater is cleaned up a bit too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    the bridg will be finish dont know about the inn
    The inn is finished. But is burned down shortly after

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks stunning already, and the "construction" aspect is no worse off than parts of Stormwind after Deathwing went genocide mode on it.

But yeah, it might be nice if they kept up with it. As long as Garrosh doesn't hire the Exodar repair crew, we should be alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, in my experience Orgrimmar doesn't feel half-finished. Other than the main gates, there's not much in the city proper that's unfinished, just a few buildings here and there (which I see all the time in real life).

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I hope Blizzard improves that city. Its so confusing
    Did you just say orgrimmar (either old or new) is confusing?

All it takes is a single fly through to figure out where stuff is.

That said the city HAS gotten even bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Honestly, in my experience Orgrimmar doesn't feel half-finished. Other than the main gates, there's not much in the city proper that's unfinished, just a few buildings here and there (which I see all the time in real life).
    Which makes it all the more likely that it will get some cosmetic touch ups as the expansion progresses. They don't need to do any significant redesign, they just need to finish off a few rough spots.

The only reason I can think of for why they would leave the city intentionally unfinished is to work in small finishing touches over time, as in the AT, to give it the feeling of a changing, lived-in world.

Every District in Orgrimmar is basically it's own city, since they now all have the exact same services. even the Goblin Slums has all the services. Orgrimmar is probably the best Capital in Cataclysm by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourgelord Tyrannus View Post
    Every District in Orgrimmar is basically it's own city, since they now all have the exact same services. even the Goblin Slums has all the services. Orgrimmar is probably the best Capital in Cataclysm by far.
    Yep, and the Valley of Wisdom (tauren district) has everything outdoors so you don't even have to dismount to use the bank or AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourgelord Tyrannus View Post
    Sorry but Stormwind City in Cataclysm is BY FAR the best looking city in wow ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    Sorry but Stormwind City in Cataclysm is BY FAR the best looking city in wow ever.
    I meant for function Orgrimmar is the best, Stormwind is my favorite city still.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Matter of taste. New Stormwind is nice. Stormwind has always been one of the best cities in the game (compared to the mud hut slum that Orgrimmar used to be), and the updates make it nicer. Stormwind is a really fantastic city.

But new Orgrimmar... you probably have to be Horde to fully appreciate it. When I got into beta, nothing else mattered but this. Going around the city as a long time Hordie was something else... the shoddy mud hut slum had become this glorious, imposing, detailed fortress that did justice to the term "warrior-city". Everywhere you look is likely to send chills up your spine. It is a feeling you can only fully appreciate if you have a history with the city.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Stormwind looks nice, but compared to Orgimmar it feels really small and cramped.

I hope that the finished look has a lot more metal flooring then right now, and I do not want to see any old modeled buildings except for Valley of Wisdom and Spirits, which have Tauren and Troll architecture respectively.