Thread: Leveling paths

Leveling paths

Hey guys, some time ago Blizzard stated that with the remaking of Azeroth, the leveling from 1 to 60 wouldn't bring you all over the world, but instead there would be a "path" through different zones that varies from race to race. So i ask to who's in the beta if this is true and an example for any race, to see how many zones you have to visit in order to get to 60. I'm asking this because i want to do all the new quests on both horde and alliance side, so i'm trying to figure out wich races combination will bring me to all the zones.

Thats a very hard question to answer, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It is true. You basically just keep moving to adjacent zones. Like, Forsaken would go Tirisfal > Silverpine > Hillsbrad > Arathi > Hinterlands > Western Plaguelands > Eastern Plaguelands > Outland.

It's not so much a racial thing. Trolls now have their own starter zone however, we don't share Valley of Trials with the Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It is true. You basically just keep moving to adjacent zones. Like, Forsaken would go Tirisfal > Silverpine > Hillsbrad > Arathi > Hinterlands > Western Plaguelands > Eastern Plaguelands > Outland.
    Perfect, so horde-wise with an undead i got all of Lordaeron covered. I thought i could do the same alliance-wise with a worgen, but i read they go to Darkshore after Gilneas so they overlap with Night Elves? And more questions arise, for example if humans and dwarves overlap too or not...anyone knows if i can find somewhere the approximate leveling paths for each race?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if there's an updated map or anything available but you can see the level ranges of each zone here and probably get a good idea from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agarash View Post
    Perfect, so horde-wise with an undead i got all of Lordaeron covered. I thought i could do the same alliance-wise with a worgen, but i read they go to Darkshore after Gilneas so they overlap with Night Elves? And more questions arise, for example if humans and dwarves overlap too or not...anyone knows if i can find somewhere the approximate leveling paths for each race?
    Well, Worgens overlap with Night Elves just like goblins will overlap with almost any horde race that decides to go to Azshara or how trolls and orcs overlap in durotar, and orcs, trolls, tauren, and maybe even goblins in northern barrens.

Deleted
    I have played a Tauren Paladin from lvl 1 to lvl 25-ish. I started at Mulgore, of course, and at lvl 10 or so I went to the Northern Barrens, but Azshara was an option, too (overlap with Goblins). From there I went to Ashenvale, but Stonetalon was the alternative.

In general, quests make more sense now and are a bit more confined to one zone. Gone are the quests you pick up in Thunder Bluff that take you to Silverpine. There is a lot less travelling involved and if they ask you to travel some distance, most of the time they provide you with transport or a teleport. I love questing and never mind travelling, but still it feels like a major improvement over the old quests.

Finally, each major city has a message board containing breadcrumb quests for your appropriate level. You always have a choice where to go next and once you arrive in a new zone the story behind your quests make you crave for more and you would not want to hop from zone to zone while questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a much better system. So you have a nice plot progression instead of the awkward continent jumping that you have to do now around the 30's - 40's

Ah, but we will always have the nostalgic feelings when thinking back to going to tb and uc before doing rfc only to go make the trip again to turn in like 3 quests... Oh wait, no we won't. Because those long trips were lame.
    Then, I thought, the screen grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censor swung by Norton whose deletions hit upon the C drive door. "Wretch," I cried, "thy geek hath lent thee -by these websites he has sent thee respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of game gore! Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost game gore!" Quoth the server, "404."