Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syrik View Post
    this moron dosen't realise im actually trying to defend his right to be an ass.
    That's just it...he does not have a right to be an ass here, nor do you necessarily have the same right on blizz's website. You may (MAY) have the right to go out on a street corner and act like an ass in the US (believe it or not limits on speech and expression DO exist in USA), but Blizz does not guarantee that right on their site, nor are they required to by law. Please save fights over censorship for important things, not for endless quibbling void of any real meaning on privately held websites.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand it's their site and they are fully within their legal rights. I think its wrong for them to do it however. Censorship anywhere shouldn't be allowed. I also think they are out of their mind trying to get money for Cataclysm now before its ready when the current release version of WoW is still so buggy, especially the battlegrounds. Which is why I made a post in the first place. No, this isn't about the movies and China sucks worse than here, maybe idk, never been.
    what's wrong and what's right is highly irrelevant (and subjective)until it sediments into doctrine which leads to physical manifestations at which point it becomes extremely relevant and will be judged as right or wrong according to how many parties you piss off with said actions. there's no middle ground here. never was never will. is this wrong too? yea, you could say that. but there's nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Batranu the 2nd; 2010-10-30 at 10:30 PM.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

this moron dosen't realise im actually trying to defend his right to be an ass.
    No, I'm sure he gets that you're all anti-censorship. The fact of the matter is, it's their house, and therefore their rules. You bring those rules, you get your ass kicked out. Simple. You don't get invited to someone's house and complain that their rug doesn't go with the drapes or some shit, and that same logic applies here.

It's not censorship. They are simply cutting down an inflammatory thread before it can grow. Kind of like a weed.

I'm glad we're all different.

Have you ever pre-ordered a game from Gamestop, Best Buy, etc? Same thing you are paying for a game you can't have yet. You want to pay when the product is finished then hop in line and wait for midnight.

Bottoms line is, as everyone else has said is that it's THEIR website, THEIR message board and THEIR rules you must follow whether you like them or not.

Be happy you ddin't get a ban, It's surprisingly common for people to get banned for posting criticisms, even with the best of intentions.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might also add that there is no such bloody thing as a "freedom to be an ass". Free speech is limited and regulated too, so shove that logic into the garbage bin because it's one of the most dumb and most repeated reasons people like yourself spit out as an excuse for behaving badly.

I made this account just to say this. I posted critcism about Blizzard and their pre-sale of Cataclysm in which they will take your money now for an unfinished product that is still in development while the current WoW is still riddled with bugs from the last patch. My post was not inflamatory, did not use foul language, nor broke any of the rules listed for posting there. They deleted my original post early this morning. So I posted another post about Blizzard Censorship where I responded to their deletion of my first post. This too was deleted, very quickly just less than hour ago.

I don't think in a free society that censorship should be allowed epsecially about conflicting opnions. Free discussion should be upheld for people to make up their own minds about all view points. Regardless of private ownership of a forum, its a public venue and as such should allow free discussion. I think its wrong for Blizzard to censor views that disagree with their business model, even on their own forums.

To the trolls, you should back me up here because its free speech that allows you be be the pain that you are.

To everyone else, is this right? I don't think so.
    You got it all backwards and wrong. Please learn what Free Speech really means, it is Blizzards forum, they can do what they like there - they cannot do what they like on this forum however so here you are safe, unless the moderators here decides that you are violating some rule.

But at the end of this, i just see you as a whining retard who cant accept that you are not mighty.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that's enough. There's not much point to talking about Blizzard products as "unfinished" -- yes, everything we've seen so far from Cataclysm is unfinished; that's why it's beta. They have a right to run their website like the please; they can delete posts. There's not much point in posting about it here.