Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leap of Faith Griefing

Probably the most non-sensual ability I've heard of, Leap of Faith, aka Life Grip, has a huge potential for griefing. How could we fix this?

Change the ability of course... Instead of a Friendly Death Grip, it now literally pulls the spirit of the player to the Priest, allowing the spirit to enhance the Priest's healing of said target by 100% for 15 seconds. The body remains where it is, and the player retains full control.

Leap of Faith: You pull the spirit of the friendly party or raid target to you, using their spirit to enhance your healing of their body by 100% for 15 seconds. 10% of Base Mana, 40 yd range, Instant cast, 2 min cooldown.

Any thoughts?

*READ* I actually like the ability, this is just for laughs since it only took me 5 seconds to think of it *READ*
    Last edited by Scourgelord Tyrannus; 2010-10-31 at 02:01 AM.

Get owned.

Lifegrip griefing is great.

As a Priest, I humbly reject your proposed changes.

I'm going to have so much fun.
    Troll McCarthyism is sad

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I can hear a lot of 25-man raid leaders grumbling at this idea. The ability to pull idiot players out of the fire is game breaking. Don't take that away from them.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    It can't be used like that because it's bound to party/raid member. If you don't like a LG you got, you can leave the group.

Leap of Faith used properly would be a good asset, however the potential for griefing is there. Unfortunately its one of those either its in or out. While a healing cd like that would be cool, it will not happen.

And besides Leap of Faith as it currently stands would give priests an extremely useful utility ability for pvp. not something i would like to see go if i was a priest in pvp.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basicly, you want to destroy a very cool and fun ability and change it into a single target healing cooldown nearly similar to Guardian Spirit. Great idea.

The thing is, if you make Lifegrip to something that boring, it would push Priests more towards tankhealing and the original intent of the ability would be totally revamped.

id rather be able to get idiots out of the fire ty.

Life grip is also extremely useful for stuff like kiting Animated Bone Warriors on Nefarian.

Death grip has a huge potential for griefing as well; using it to take mobs away from the tank, wiping the raid by pulling in extra trash and whatnot. There are countless abilities with griefing "potential", but don't expect the person doing said griefing to remain in the raid/group for very long

Since it's party/raid bound, you have the option of leaving if the griefing is too much (and if it's a serious pug, I'm willing to bet the griefer will be removed). As for guild raids... I'm sure it will get used for the lulz, but any raid leader (or raider) in his/her right mind won't tolerate abuse, especially on progression encounters. Otherwise, who cares? Let people have their fun. Giving your friends a hard time is just a part of friendship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go troll another forum OP.

also.. sensual?????

rofl

Tricks and MD have the same amount of potential for griefing, and you dont see people run around abusing that all the time. If you do, its dealt with.
    Therefor, there is no valid reason to ruin this ability.

[e]: Oh I see the fine print of 'Im Trolling' now.

Incredibly useful ability that I'm sure to have fun with too. Been warning my guild mates for awhile now to not go on random afk's making the raid wait on them while I'm around

Whine about ability, come up with terrible idea, back peddle by claiming to be trolling.

"Five Finger Death Punch - Can't Heal You" Made this thread fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourgelord Tyrannus View Post
    Probably the most non-sensual ability I've heard of
    I don't think it's very sensual, either.

sensual: sexually exciting or gratifying

Signature by Shyama!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Tricks and MD have the same amount of potential for griefing, and you dont see people run around abusing that all the time. If you do, its dealt with.
    Therefor, there is no valid reason to ruin this ability.

[e]: Oh I see the fine print of 'Im Trolling' now.
    Not too long ago you didnt have to be in a group to MD to them and plenty of ppl would tag mobs and force others to kill them, run or die. Of course at the same time hunters snake traps were set off by any opposite faction mbrs flagged or not so you would see a lot of d bag hunters setting snake traps at stones killing lower lvls.

On topic with leap of faith you have to be in the same group so who is going to grief ppl with that? Im sure it will be used at bad times or screw with some pug BGs but the idiots in 5 mans or raids that try to screw with ppl will get kicked it will work itself out.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 02:21 AM ----------

More often then not players that like to screw with others dont play healing classes they are dps or tanks. So yet another reason this wont be abused as much.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lekscene View Post
    Whine about ability, come up with terrible idea, back peddle by claiming to be trolling.
    haha, this
    Troll McCarthyism is sad

Quote Originally Posted by bobbert116 View Post
    As a Priest, I humbly reject your proposed changes.

I'm going to have so much fun.
    Lol, this ^^

It's going to be awesome.
    She is led by love. The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe. <3