Thread: Leveling to 85

Deleted

Leveling to 85

Hey all

I leveled my shammy with a few friends all the way from 1-80 as resto, now i work different hours so looks like i will be leveling alone

I have good resto gear which i will use for Dungeons but as for solo leveling my off spec is elemental, a few guildies have said its slow to level and told me to start to collect an enhance set

Now i dont want to spend all my Justice Points on Enhance gear as i want to horde them for cata so is Elemantal that bad to level with???

Thanks Titta

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not, it used to be but nowadays it's all good. =)

You'll be getting gear through quests anyway so it would really be a waste of JP to spend it now unless you're trying to gear for current raiding or you're close to the 4k cap (coming in 4.0.3).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental is godly... No clue how anybody could say otherwise. It's near impossible to make a dent in your mana and you dish out so much damage. Since the changes of 4.0.1, your Resto gear will nearly be the same as your Elemental gear.

81-85 will see mana use changing. If you haven't, check out some vids of some of the normal 5mans in Cata. I've seen several where the Shaman sits and drinks after 2-3 pulls. That's quite a change from the current state of things where you can burn through trash packs from boss to boss in ICC without having to drink.

Neither class has mana problems, I would stick to Elemental since you will be sharing gear with Resto anyways. I prefer Enhancement for quest leveling though because the wolves can tank most group quests.

You will replace most of your gear by 81 or 82. When I leveled in Beta, I held onto the 4 piece for Resto and Enhance as long as I could because the bonuses scales, so like 12% more damage every min with SR, or 20% haste after a Riptide was too good to pass up. So if you spend points on anything, go for a 2 piece bonus.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Elemental is godly... No clue how anybody could say otherwise. It's near impossible to make a dent in your mana and you dish out so much damage. Since the changes of 4.0.1, your Resto gear will nearly be the same as your Elemental gear.
    ^

Ele is a really fun way to quest IMO, you crit sickly. I level from 1 to 30 with resto, (I was new.) then from 30 to 70 with enh, and then from 70 to 80 with Ele. I liked ele the most, majorly because with enhance you barely use 2-h's anymore.

i guess socket int/spirit in blue sockets (maybe even reds if you're still under the hit cap), since spirit gives hit for ele and nice manareg for resto, and int is always welcome, higher manapool and higher damage/heal.

for yellow sockets, take int/haste, since haste seems to be still good for resto/ele.

gemming like that, you should be all ready to go wether you instance lvl with resto or solo lvl as ele.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    Hey all

I leveled my shammy with a few friends all the way from 1-80 as resto, now i work different hours so looks like i will be leveling alone

I have good resto gear which i will use for Dungeons but as for solo leveling my off spec is elemental, a few guildies have said its slow to level and told me to start to collect an enhance set

Now i dont want to spend all my Justice Points on Enhance gear as i want to horde them for cata so is Elemantal that bad to level with???

Thanks Titta
    Well now i wouldnt recommond one dps spec over the other, we get thunderstorm etc at low lvl, tons of gear available, back in the day elemental was a pain too level.

I solo level my shaman from 81-85 in beta switching between Ele and enh and found that both spects do quite the same, although I think enh does quite better against elites due to wolfs (healing + extra damage). Mana will only be a problem when healing yourself, mwx5 does the job for enh, but for Ele, healing can be very boring if you use healing wave as its heals to little compare to HP pool (8-10%) and has a long cast, or consume too much mana if you use any other heal.

The only advise I would give you is that you should avoid aoe killing as its uses too much MP, and mobs can hit you quite hard. And if you accidentally pull two mobs, always use hex on one or else you will spend a lot of time healing yourself between fights.

leveled elemental 1-80 so far - never got any real problems unless classic group quests, but very few could solo these back then ( hunters could kite most)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

i leveled form 80-85 with no problems whatsover, just make sure u use teh right shields depending what u doing.

i used mana shield for questing, and used Lightning Shiled while running dungeons, never had any mana problems, or problems solo'ing thru quests