I plan on healing...but..

Greetings, as the title states, I plan on being a healer with my paladin. Currently, I'm at level 47, leveling as Ret.

When would be a good time to go holy/rack up gear for holy? I'm somewhat new to the whole holy pally scenario, so any help would be appreciated!

Deleted
    Start right now, you should have started even sooner. There is dual spec ya know.

at this stage, 85
    And everything you touch will turn to ash, slipping right through your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Greetings, as the title states, I plan on being a healer with my paladin. Currently, I'm at level 47, leveling as Ret.

When would be a good time to go holy/rack up gear for holy? I'm somewhat new to the whole holy pally scenario, so any help would be appreciated!
    Well, you could dual-spec and change to healing when the BG/Dungeon pops.

However, you might be better off speccing Holy right now. I've been levelling as Holy since mid 60's and it's a helluva lot faster than ret (cheap Exo spam, plus you 3-shot any demons/undead), plus you dont have to change gear/spec every time a dungeon/BG pops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Thank you very much for the advice all

Depends a good deal on whether you're familiar with healing yet or not. If you're not, the sooner you start learning, the better chance you'll have at 80 and beyond. If you already have some healing experience, you could start collecting gear as late as mid-70s and not be missing anything, imo. Also depends upon whether you prefer questing or dungeons more.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go holy right now shockadins leveled faster than ret for me with exo spam and holy shock
    85 priest working on my dk next

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Well, you could dual-spec and change to healing when the BG/Dungeon pops.

However, you might be better off speccing Holy right now. I've been levelling as Holy since mid 60's and it's a helluva lot faster than ret (cheap Exo spam, plus you 3-shot any demons/undead), plus you dont have to change gear/spec every time a dungeon/BG pops.
    This.

With the talents for exorcism you can spam it all day long and it has really solid base damage so even with random green gear it'll hit hard.