Thread: Lava Lash Crits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Hmmm something odd with that graphic. You are showing 42 Stormstrikes which has an 8 second CD = 8*42 = 336 seconds. So the fight was around 5.5 minutes. However in that time you only did SEVENTEEN lava lashes??? Lava Lash has a 10 second cd it is our top dps and practically our number one priority. You should have managed around 33-34 lava lashes in that fight. ie: roughly doubling your lava lash damage.

Perhaps worth spending a little time refining your priorities and learning the new setup? Not too long ofc as Unleash Elements mixes things up again at 81.
    I'm pretty sure recount counts mainhand and offhand hits from Stormstrike separate, so that would be 21 Stormstrikes (~2min 48 seconds) for 17 Lava Lashes (~2min 50 seconds).

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was only a Saurfang 10 man, it didnt last 5 minutes Something must be screwy with Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimir86 View Post
    I'm pretty sure recount counts mainhand and offhand hits from Stormstrike separate, so that would be 21 Stormstrikes (~2min 48 seconds) for 17 Lava Lashes (~2min 50 seconds).
    makes perfect sense.

OT: I had 40k LL-crits on some trash in ICC with no special buffs, haven't been able to do BQL-LavaLashes... I'm either healer or don't get bitten
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    levelling is a joke right now, you can easily solo instances at teh appropriate level, mobs die within 1-2 GCDs, just enjoy it and level quick until bliz fix it in cata.
    Have leveled my shaman over a half year back, was like that already. I was tank, best DD and Healer in one. Just needed the other ones so I didnt have to walk to the instance...

I have mostly 232-264 gear. Not gemmed, healer helmet, no enchants ICC 251 weapons. I get around to 12-13k crits when I have 5 stacks of the flametotem up. I do around 6-8k with no flametotem dots up. Also I have a really strange spec that goes into survivability so i can twoman old raids with a DK friend (cthun needs a lot of selfheal)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    im running ICC 10 and im having a GS on 6.2k and my average is like 30-40k crits and highest being 75k on BQL

Ma friend had 36k in instance and i got something arounge 35 at ICC (30% buff T_T)

Deleted
    DOH!!! Of course, my error, apologies. I should have realised a 5.5 min Saurfang fight is rather long these days.

recount counts them so because the game does. remember totem of avalanche pre-4.0 ? "one" SS = two stacks
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

stars aligned with procs and I smacked out a pretty 83k Lava Lash crit on 25BQL.
    Still looking for a reason to come back...

Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    ??? what the hell are you talking about? 24k-28k what?
    i honestly don't get it..
    In beta, which probably means at 85..

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    In beta, which probably means at 85..
    The problem is that the avg DPS by enh shammies, from what I have seen, is around the 14k -16k mark on beta, depending on the fight. Not 24k-28k. Perhaps one of the beta testers can confirm.

concerning beta: I don't know what's wrong, but my Shaman does around 5k DPS at a dummy, level 84, leveling gear. Average LL-crits are 5k or smth. I seem to be bugged
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    52k crit personal record.and no , not at BQL.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 20k one earlier today highest for me so far.
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    concerning beta: I don't know what's wrong, but my Shaman does around 5k DPS at a dummy, level 84, leveling gear. Average LL-crits are 5k or smth. I seem to be bugged
    I know for Ele at least on live, Searing Totem doesn't attack dummies.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In PvE I get around 35-40k LL crits in ICC.

In PvP the highest I got was 16k on 1200 resilience.

Level 80 Enh shaman here with a 217 axe in off-hand.

12K is the most I have ever gotten from a 5-searing totem stacked Lava Lash.

I see people talking about 30, 40, 50K.

This is my first time ever playing wow. Am I spec'd wrong or something or is it just my axe (Hate-Forged Cleaver).

STR 121
    AG 1356
    ST 1825
    INT 124
    SPR 144

Don't resurrect old threads..

But it's your weapon and gear... the people getting 40k crits are wearing 277 gear and have a 30% damage buff from Icecrown Citatdel.

Deleted
    Locking as its an old thread.