SexyCooldown / CoolLine question.

Okay, so here goes.

I am playing around with the 2 CD timers called:
    SexyCoolDown (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ycooldown.aspx) and
    CoolLine (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...cooldowns.aspx)

Now, this is 2 addons that does basicly the same thing, they are supposed to track the duration of a CD popped and keep a track of how long the CD has left.

My problem with theese 2 addons is that i can't get either of them to work probably, my SexyCD won't show how long my remaining cooldown is on my bladefurry, killingspree and adrenaline rush. And with CoolLine i have the same problem where i can't see some of my CD's.

All tips and hints (maybe even a recommendation for a better addon? :P ) is highly appreciated !

Thanks in advance - Darckie

SexyCooldown has not been updated for 7 months, so it is obvious why that is not working but I cannot honestly say for CoolLine.
    I personally try not to advise Forte because it is too bloated and offers way too much that most users either do not need, or need to turn off to make it useful.
    Though if it works for you, then fair enough

I've been using Sexycooldown for quite a long time, and it's been working for me since the patch after I did the quick LUA fix.

Here is the fix:

Was able to fix spell cooldowns, however in doing so I had to neuter the debuff display functionality by ripping out a bunch of spell IDs that no longer exist.

Here's how you can fix it yourself:
    1) Extract SexyCooldown onto your desktop. Do not extract it to the WoW\Interface\Addons folder yet because we cannot easily edit them from there on Vista/Windows 7.

2) Open up Spells.lua (it's in the Modules folder) in Notepad. You will have to click on the drop down that says Text Documents (*.txt) and select All Files first to get Notepad to display .lua files.

3)Look for GetSpellName, it's around 10 lines from the top. Change that to GetSpellBookItemName. (Renaming such a frequently used function... nice one Blizzard).

4) The line right after that is "if not name then break end". After THAT line, paste the following.
    if (GetSpellLink(i, book)) then

5) A few lines after that is an "end". Stick another one right after that so you have "end end".

6) Open up the file Modules\RaidDebuffs.lua. Remove everything between the brackets for RAID_DEBUFF_BLEED, RAID_DEBUFF_MAJOR_ARMOR, RAID_DEBUFF_SPELL_HIT, RAID_DEBUFF_MORTAL_STRIKE. Don't remove the actual headers or the brackets, just the list of numbers inside of them. This will kill SexyCooldown's ability to monitor those debuffs.

7) Save those two files. Move the SexyCooldown folder you extracted on your desktop to its usual location in the Addons folder.

After doing this, SexyCooldowns should work fine. I haven't tested it much but it seemed to recognize the few spells I tried, including new spells. Don't know yet about items or other non-spell cooldowns.

The addon was updated 3 days ago, you need to go to the wowace page or set your curse client to download alpha versions.