Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The perfect MMO would employ "variable gameplay" feature - any player is capable of changing any element of gameplay as he pleases. He is then grouped to play with people who share his view on how gameplay should be. Insufficient online for each environment is covered by playerbots, capable of speech on a level of average internet denizen and adequate capabilities in playing the game.

Try and top this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    3. No instanced places so no matter where you go you can still be killed by another player.

If you played Everquest you would know this sucks. At least I hated and I'm sure I'm not alone.

There is plenty of good MMO games coming out in the coming year so expect a lot of innovative and new things to be popping up. Also expect Blizzard to take these innovative ideas and put them into their work-in-progress MMO.

I think Blizzard is furthest ahead with their Battle.net system. I expect great things from Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic, I will play them, but I think this is a market Blizzard just can't fail in. So I expect even more amazing things from Blizzard.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2010-11-01 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Everquest with updated graphics, of the OLD everquest.

The only MMORPG for a true hardcore pve-gamer, a game with bosses actually being sick hard..
    and Undinging off of max level every time the raid wiped
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Here goes a few things that i would like to see in a "perfect" MMO.

1. No set factions, i would want to be-able to pick and choose sides as i please.

2. A giant game world (i'm talking 10 the land mass of Azeroth + outlands combined) with extensive underground tunnels & dungeons

3. No instanced places so no matter where you go you can still be killed by another player.

4. The ability to build and control towns, and also the ability to destroy them with siege weapons/magic/other means

5. Smart AI. eg A local encampment of lizardmen(or anything else) has been left undisturbed for x many days and has built up sufficient force to stage a raid on a village in the area
    5A. Unique "boss" monsters that are effectively world raids. They would evolve from normal NPC's if that NPC has stayed alive for a certain number of days/weeks. If applicable these could also join in a raid on a local village

6. Ability to loot other players gold when you kill them (possibly even weapons/armor as well)

7. "secret" and/or out of the way places that people only know about if they find it themselves. Unfortunately this probably wouldn't happen because we all know humans like to go blabbing about these kind of things to anyone and everyone
    Sounds good to me besides 3, 6, and 7

3) Not everyone enjoys pvp, which is why they make seperate pve/pvp servers.

6) Just a terrible idea honestly.

7) Ehh...it sounds alright but so many people would blab about it like OMG GUYS COME CHECK THIS OUT, and then it would be like Dalaran in WoW.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh another thing i would want to see is no set classes, you can pick up any weapon/use magic and you get better with it the longer you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    The perfect MMO is WoW. Thats why 12 million people play it.
    Nothing is perfect, for when you have achieved perfected there is nothing left.

Nothing is perfect and certainly not wow. It's great, but not near perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    and Undinging off of max level every time the raid wiped
    point being?

Edit: I know you lost exp when you died, which was nice, but you were still able to get most of it back from a ress, depending on how good the ress was.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

1. No set factions, i would want to be-able to pick and choose sides as i please.

2. A giant game world (i'm talking 10 the land mass of Azeroth + outlands combined) with extensive underground tunnels & dungeons

4. The ability to build and control towns, and also the ability to destroy them with siege weapons/magic/other means

5. Smart AI. eg A local encampment of lizardmen(or anything else) has been left undisturbed for x many days and has built up sufficient force to stage a raid on a village in the area
    5A. Unique "boss" monsters that are effectively world raids. They would evolve from normal NPC's if that NPC has stayed alive for a certain number of days/weeks. If applicable these could also join in a raid on a local village

6. Ability to loot other players gold when you kill them (possibly even weapons/armor as well)

7. "secret" and/or out of the way places that people only know about if they find it themselves. Unfortunately this probably wouldn't happen because we all know humans like to go blabbing about these kind of things to anyone and everyone
    In a world 10 times the size of Azeroth and OL combined, you'd need about 15,000 people on a server to make there be a point in having world PvP. Good luck controlling a server that size. No instanced areas would mean that raid style bosses could be taken down by any number of players on any faction and those bosses would never be killed because factions would likely be fighting over those boss kills 'cause of the rewards they'd provide.

lol... and when you beat the last boss, YOU GET TO MEET GOD HIMSELF, HE COMES DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND SAYS HI.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

The perfect mmo is the one this fansite is based off of
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Killaim View Post
    The perfect MMO should have cake, cake and nothing but cake.
    The cake is a lie! (someone had to say it.)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW + Voice Bindings for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The perfect mmo is the one this fansite is based off of
    Not really, no.

This game is based way too much on the csaual player. PvE in WoW is like having a gf whos boring in the sack. In the end you just dont give a shit to bang her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    In a world 10 times the size of Azeroth and OL combined, you'd need about 15,000 people on a server to make there be a point in having world PvP. Good luck controlling a server that size. No instanced areas would mean that raid style bosses could be taken down by any number of players on any faction and those bosses would never be killed because factions would likely be fighting over those boss kills 'cause of the rewards they'd provide.
    Thats the whole point, killing a world boss would be a prestige thing. there would be so many more factors in killing a world boss instead of just zoning into an instance and killing scripted encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    lol... and when you beat the last boss, YOU GET TO MEET GOD HIMSELF, HE COMES DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND SAYS HI.
    There would be no end boss, if you don't have anything constructive to add don't post.

In my eyes darkfall is a big step in the right direction towards a perfect MMO

Mortal online.

After im bored of Cata im changing my subscription to that for a bit.

@Sarge

I do think Warcraft has gone a bit casual but there is difficulty there for those who want it too. MMOs use to be for the hard core: Everquest, Star Wars Galaxy, EVE, etc... I think we are moving away from being a hard core only genre, which isn't a bad thing, as long as that hard core content is there for those who want it. A clear line in between the too would also be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, if runescape upgraded to a great extent, like big overhaul on graphics, being able to run without getting tired..jumping, a more third person view, better UI, spell bars..you know the whole 10 yards. If they did this...they would be the best mmo, I would switch from WoW in a heartbeat IF they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post
    Mortal online.

That is too hard core for the hard core. That game scares me.

An mmo that plays less like auto attacks mixed with the occasional button press and more controller style as if you were playing fable. It would need raiding and ways to customize classes much like WoW has and I would want more then just enter dungeon, kill enemies eventually reach big boss and you and your friends kill them. I think bosses should be just as indept to kill as in wow but obviously played more like you would with a controller. If a large thing smacks the ground perhaps you could jump or you get stunned.

Also the dungeons would need something more then just trash. Things like mario and zelda pop into my head for things to look at. Mario is a platformer.. Why could we not have some platforming in an mmo? And zelda has puzzle elements.. Lets get some of that too.

Make some more interesting healers or tanks. Healers who can throw up a barrier to reduce types of damage while another healer inside the barrier heals everyone.

As far as combat goes, I want to be able to hit X on a controller and multiple more buttons to combo attacks together fluently and maybe occasionally activate a passive spell or something to alter it up a bit more alongside my button presses. Take influences from god of war, fable ( not fable 2, fable 2 sucked and I have yet to actually see fable 3 so i will make no comment on that ) zelda, maybe for ranged classes you could make it a 3rd person character that occasionally goes first person.

Crafting should matter more in an mmo so if I had to look at a crafting system that I thought would work then I will point at monster hunter tri. In monster hunter you collect items and you combined them to make healing items, maybe improve a healing item you already had, make ammo, make bombs all kinds of stuff. Do not make crafting a chore but make it something you can do in downtime to enhance your performance in a dungeons ect.

Now i know this is a lot and if you read it all props to you but no real way to sum it up :P

A magical chair that I plug myself into and it transports my mind to a game world, that is exactly like the real world, except that it is not the real world. Set in the past. Or the future. But not the present. If I wanted the present, I would not be in my magical chair that transports me to a game world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space