shadowmeld question

Over the life of this spell there have been a *ton* of changes. Most recently, I assumed this was supposed to be equivalent to the newest rogue vanish. However, in a recent RS norm raid, on trash before the first boss, MT went down and RL called for wipe. I had already begun running far, far, away. Far. And I watched xperl as everyone's color turned gray. Then I hit shadowmeld. I was the last one alive and yet the trash, which was almost halfway across the instance, still targeted me and pulled me out of shadowmeld from across the instance?! As far as I know there is no instance-wide damage aura and they were way too far away to target me with anything, let alone to target me in the first place.

I cry foul and believe this is a bug. Rogues recently got theirs fixed, and if this is the equivalent then I want mine fixed also. Can anyone else confirm or deny this please?

I don't think Shadowmeld is a Racial Vanish... It's more of a Temporary Threat Minimalizing ability, however you can still be targeted as it doesn't take you out of Combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^

it isn't supposed to be an additional vanish, it's mainly for getting mobs away from you, note that in the tooltip it says "upon exiting shadowmeld the threat will be restored" so it doesn't kick you out of combat, it puts you at the bottom of the mobs "must kill" list

10+ Year Old Account
    Half the time it works, half the time it doesn't in PvE.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played my NE in awhile but it's always taken me out of combat. That sucks if you can't use it like that anymore. Shadowmeld + ability to rez was always awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    It's useful for questing, but in raids the mobs work differently i think, at least, shadowmeld never worked for me in raids

When WOTLK launched it use to take you out of combat no matter what, but it was nerfed, now it only takes you out of combat if you're solo or the last one in your group/raid alive (unless others are stealthed too)

I have saved myself a run back in a few raids because I would be the last one a live, if you hit it too early any AE spell will take you out of shadowmeld, so you have to time it just right. It's best to fade when you're one of the last ones a live
    Last edited by zenkai; 2010-11-01 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Hearing all this disappoints me. I rolled rogue as a Night Elf for one reason.. Shadowmeld.

It's still useful in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesia View Post
    I haven't played my NE in awhile but it's always taken me out of combat. That sucks if you can't use it like that anymore. Shadowmeld + ability to rez was always awesome
    I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked like that since the 51 point Talent Patch prior to WotLK. It was at that point they changed it to reset aggro. They then changed it so that Aggro is reset when you come back out of Shadowmeld.

Best way to get it to work is to wait until everyone else is dead, and THEN shadowmeld... but even that doesn't work half the time.

Deleted
    Note that atm strange things happen, for example searing totem hit my rogue who vanished 2 seconds earlier... It was around 25 yards of distance between me and totem.

Shadowmeld in Raids drops threat and restores when you come out. When solo, or last alive it should remove you from combat.
    Source - Me; using and loving.

E:
    Saying that though, it sucks when you can't live even when you're the last alive on a wipe, but then again why should a Racial spell save repairs(though it would be nice as most of my chars are N.elf). Shadowmeld to me is more of a survival/PvP(interrupt casting/remove targets) ability.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2010-11-01 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added opinion

Then I guess the real question is: what is Blizz' current intent for this ability and is it "working as intended" as of patch 4.0.1? Perhaps I'll put in a ticket and see..

(I only really put this out here because I'm still slightly worried because Blizz has treated boomkins as a "utility spec" for so long that they may unconsciously still do things with the thought that we are not to have abilities or dps output that rival the "pures" and since everyone now has every raid buff, that *should* no longer be the case. Yes I put out awesome dps. No I can't seem to come close to that darn lock in my raid team and the mages still seem to put out a tad more than me.) But I digress, and don't really want to derail my original post with this sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    Then I guess the real question is: what is Blizz' current intent for this ability and is it "working as intended" as of patch 4.0.1? Perhaps I'll put in a ticket and see..

(I only really put this out here because I'm still slightly worried because Blizz has treated boomkins as a "utility spec" for so long that they may unconsciously still do things with the thought that we are not to have abilities or dps output that rival the "pures" and since everyone now has every raid buff, that *should* no longer be the case. Yes I put out awesome dps. No I can't seem to come close to that darn lock in my raid team and the mages still seem to put out a tad more than me.) But I digress, and don't really want to derail my original post with this sidebar.
    It seems to be working fine for me still. The mobs you were talking about may see through stealth or something, so if you get a reply on it they'll probably just say;
    A - They'll investigate and thanks for reporting the issue.
    or
    B - They already know about it and are working on it.

Though, the second paragraph has nothing to do with Shadowmeld as it's a Racial and shouldn't effect certain specs at all, and since it's an online forum someone will comment on this..

Druid is a Hybrid class, whereas Mage and Warlock are Pure classes. A balance Druid for example, can heal himself, a Mage can't. If a Druid did the same or more damage than a Mage and was able to heal himself, why would anyone roll a Mage? - Hybrid tax, the tax being lower damage.

Though saying that, I believe Blizzard are wanting to lower/remove the hybrid tax(?), so either way, you play the class you like.

Sorry for the off-topic, figured I might as well try and end it before it starts. :3