Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry Another bad GM thread

So I had some honor mysteriously disappear over a week ago when I left Wintergrasp. Losing this honor put me just under where I needed to be to buy myself the belt I had been farming honor for. I submit a ticket (which appears in the screenshots I've linked) which is escalated while I'm at work the next day. After a week of the the little box telling me I have an escalated ticket taking up a chunk of my screen, I finally get a response: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...nala/BADGM.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ala/BADGM2.jpg I blanked out the name of the GM and the name of the character this (maybe?) should have been sent to.

First of all, the response was addressed to a character I don't even know, that doesn't even exist on my realm. Second, the grammar, spelling, and punctuation are that of a third grader. Third, this response barely even addresses the problem that I've been waiting over a week for them to settle for me.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Xiangnala

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's whack. Seems like the GM was addressing your issue, but typing to the wrong person. What this guy writes it what I expect from a 12 year old in trade; using "are" in place of "our" and not knowing the difference between "to" and "too". These guys need an English professor to screen their tickets. Not like you could make the processing any slower anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I swear gm's must hate people like u why even open a ticket for something so little even if it was 4k honor shit happens deal with it.
    You're right, everytime there is a bug they might as well not fix it and leave it be! When that's that case they can just fire all the GMs and all the devs and we can just play the game how it is forever!

I swear gm's must hate people like u why even open a ticket for something so little even if it was 4k honor shit happens deal with it.
    This guy is a troll.

Anyway, judging by the amount of tickets they have had since 4.0.1, I am putting bets on Blizzard using people they wouldn't normally use to fill out tickets. In this case, probably people with positions at Blizzard that don't require you to know English professionally.

Given there were some grammar mistakes, their point was very clear. English may not be their first language, but the point was well rounded.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a troll and blizz has more problems then someones 15 honor who prob read it wrong to start with.
    Aye mate

I'm not sure exactly what you want us to do with this information.

I am not a troll and blizz has more problems then someones 15 honor who prob read it wrong to start with.
    It's a known issue. He very likely hasn't read it wrong. I myself lost 60 honor once, and 42 another, by leaving via the Dalaran portal in the fort. Since then I have right clicked/leave wintergrasp and have not had it happen. But don't tell him he is wrong when you have no idea, and obviously don't follow the blizzard forums.

So if an item drops, you vendor it, and you DONT get the gold for the item. Thats not a serious problem? Imagine if in real life, you do a job and you dont get payed for it. but someone says that the courts have better things to deal with. It doesnt matter you still didnt get what you worked for.

Maybe GMs are being outsourced now

Quote Originally Posted by Silania View Post
    Maybe GMs are being outsourced now
    Lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiangnala View Post
    So I had some honor mysteriously disappear over a week ago when I left Wintergrasp. Losing this honor put me just under where I needed to be to buy myself the belt I had been farming honor for. I submit a ticket (which appears in the screenshots I've linked) which is escalated while I'm at work the next day. After a week of the the little box telling me I have an escalated ticket taking up a chunk of my screen, I finally get a response: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...nala/BADGM.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ala/BADGM2.jpg I blanked out the name of the GM and the name of the character this (maybe?) should have been sent to.

First of all, the response was addressed to a character I don't even know, that doesn't even exist on my realm. Second, the grammar, spelling, and punctuation are that of a third grader. Third, this response barely even addresses the problem that I've been waiting over a week for them to settle for me.
    So let me get this straight. A small amount of honor disappears and, rather than go do a couple BGs, you decided, instead, to submit a ticket, wasting a GM's time and wait a *WEEK* for a resolution. Rather than spending an hour or two in BGs to get the honor.

Have I got all that right?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexiom View Post
    This guy is a troll.

Anyway, judging by the amount of tickets they have had since 4.0.1, I am putting bets on Blizzard using people they wouldn't normally use to fill out tickets. In this case, probably people with positions at Blizzard that don't require you to know English professionally.
    No, that guy was right. The OP ticketed over 45 honor. 45. Honor. He waited a week. For 45. Honor. The OP is a moron, plain and simple.
    Last edited by PetersenIII; 2010-11-01 at 05:00 AM.

its an issue truly, and it should have been brought to the gms attention, was it necessary to bring it to mmo champion forums? no, you're just an asshole trying to make fun of some guys second language typing skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com would be the best place to file a complaint, or WoWConcernsEU@blizzard.com for Europe. Honestly isn't worth bringing it here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironically View Post
    its an issue truly, and it should have been brought to the gms attention, was it necessary to bring it to mmo champion forums? no, you're just an asshole trying to make fun of some guys second language typing skills.
    pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    If they wanted to starl up and get angry in combat, fine, whatever, but there's no reason to be PISSED THE FUCK OFF when selling things to a vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merely hop-skips away.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    So let me get this straight. A small amount of honor disappears and, rather than go do a couple BGs, you decided, instead, to submit a ticket, wasting a GM's time and wait a *WEEK* for a resolution. Rather than spending an hour or two in BGs to get the honor.

Have I got all that right?

EDIT:

No, that guy was right. The OP ticketed over 45 honor. 45. Honor. He waited a week. For 45. Honor. The OP is a moron, plain and simple.
    Doesn't matter how little the amount is, there's a bug and it should be brought to their attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop bashing him guys, he had a shitty experience with a GM and (like many others) posted it on here. I dont see what the problem is, its an interesting read and a good insight into how bad GM's can be.

So what if the notice isn't typed in perfect english. A 10 year old could read that and understand exactly what it means. Some people don't speak or write english as there first language and little confusing things in the language like "to,two, and too" are not at the top of their priority list.

OT: I really dont see how the GM is bad here. He told you it is a known issue that happens, theres no way to recover your honor, and that they are feverishly working to fix this problem. Its not like its his fault in the first place anyway. What more could you want? Next to getting your 30 or so honor back, but I would think you would enjoy playing another BG or whatever to get it back. We do play this game for..... fun, right? They just gave you a reason to slay more alliance

On the bright side at least it was only a few honor points and not your whole pool lol.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2010-11-01 at 05:08 AM.

This GM is lying through his teeth, you mean to tell me that they have no idea how much currency you have, but are able to restore said currency in case of hacks, TO THE EXACT AMOUNT IT WAS? Pure laziness and uncaring at its finest. And you even gave them the exact time or rough time the event occurred.

complaining about pointless things on the internet!?! BLASPHEMOUS