Sin and Punishment (Vampiric touch dispell proc)

I've been messing around on a holy paladin and I discovered something. I havn't seen any threads on this but correct me if i'm wrong. I am also unsure if this is a bug or not as it existed on the PTR for 4.0.1.

Basically here is what happens. You get afflicted with vampiric touch. You dispell it. You are feared for 3 secs. The fear is a BUFF that is placed on you for 3 secs. The fear is aoe so when you dispell it you will fear anyone around you.

The part that I am confused about is that it is considered a buff. Which means that when I created a macro like this:
    /cancelaura Sin and Punishment
    /cast Cleanse
    /cancelaura Sin and Punishment

I would mash it a few times during the global.

The odd thing is that it works! Anyone have any idea if this is a bug or if its intended? I can see it being intended because it is an aoe fear but concevibly people could write addons or just macro a cancelaura Sin and punishment line into their spells.

This represents a flaw in the dispell protection and I'm hoping for some feedback.

Heya Mate, this has been discussed quite a bit on the forums of Arenajunkies.
    It simply has to be a bug, and hopefully fixed very soon !
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Store1989 View Post
    Heya Mate, this has been discussed quite a bit on the forums of Arenajunkies.
    It simply has to be a bug, and hopefully fixed very soon !
    Dont regularly read those forums but ill check it