Poll: Which combination do you prefer?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    The main problem is that it looks that many people see this like an attack or something to them, i dont know what hurt can do if Blizzard adds more options to the Worgen customizacion (male and female).
    Yes, I've noticed this as well.

Case in point: Over at the Awful Forums, people who had previously called the alpha model such unjust epithets as a "stupid anime catgirl" and mocked people for preferring it were getting very offended (and resorting to personal attacks) over Scrat/Jessica Rabbit/Goofy/Wile E. Coyote comparisons.

I actually like 3, too, as well as 4. As long as the snarling is in combat, we're cool. But this inbred chihuahua look we have right now has GOT to go. The eyes and the snarl (and the domed skull, among other things) are really hurting this model. To be honest, I'm surprised it was even launched like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrawr View Post
    To be honest, I'm surprised it was even launched like this.
    I think you'll find that a lot of people agree.

I believe the model should be changed or expanded.

^^This

The older Alpha and Beta models are way better IMO

I've said a great deal about the Worgen, though I have led discussion of the models to others. But I will say, #4 is what I hope to see the Worgen females end up as should Blizzard heed player feedback and fix the female failure.
    Keeper of the Gilinean Lore, Defender of Worgen, and General Nuisance to Blizzard

We will not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxia View Post
    Don't scare me >.>

They have more than three types/colors of eyes, but they are so pale that you can not really tell which color you are looking at when picking a face. It is best seen in Model Viewer, but it is still tricky.

Other people think some other models are ugly and yes, there are some playable races that could use a make-over or a little touch here and there, but the female Worgen is a NEW model. Even the female Goblin is new in alot of aspects compared to the old female NPC everyone has seen in-game; now that was a make-over.
    Blizzard got the chance to make something good out of a new model and they... I don't know, they had a good base (Alpha model) and then decided to trash the head of that one and stick a new one onto the already existing body. It is a good attempt, but there are things with it that seem illogical to people with common sense. Even some of the Blizzard crew should have scratched their heads at the result and thought 'what were we making again...?'.

I have already given up on the 'wolf' argument/discussion since the World of Warcraft werewolves are different from the werewolves we know from the books, the folklore and the movies and so do not have to have any or many resemblances with a real wolf. Just as long as there are canine aspects, I can live with it.
    It is the 24 hour snarl and the thick layer of eyeshadow that bug me the most, not to mention the tauren-mane as the human-form doesn't have such braids in their hair. Within that puff of smoke of their transformation, they are sure quick to alter their hairstyle and apply make-up.

Blizzard could have done better with their creativity and the people they have in their teams. That is just my opinion.
    I think blizzard just went for the sexist route from whoever they had working on the female models who ended up working for disney at one time...

maybe they will fix it later in cataclysm...thou can only hope...

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    As said before on this topic (and the others), Alpha model with some fixes and little improves would be enough.

yes, shoulders look "rare" (they should be smaller and more near to the body) and the animation moves slightly faster than it should.

Ahh she looks pretty but feral also!! /mourn for alpha model
    Last edited by Ivory_Dragon; 2010-12-29 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a female worgen warlock just to see if they're as bad in-game as they appeared to be. They are.

Deleted her immediately. Didn't even care about the gold I spent on her netherweave bags.

I normally support a lot of Blizz's unpopular decisions, but this was just terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find the models as offensive as some people do and I don't think they're "terrible," but I definitely think Blizzard missed the mark by not giving the females glowing eyes like the males. The current eyes are way too "Disney" and don't have enough ferocity. Any worgen I make, with the exception of a DK where a female can have appropriate eyes, will be male.

I don't think they'll change it now that it has gone live that way. It's dangerous ground to mess with player's characters once they've been set. I think there would be too many people upset or demanding free character re-customisation for changing their toons on them.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2010-12-15 at 12:28 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I can't really decide. =\
    I don't like any of them, lol. I'd keep the current ones if I could make them less Disney, but not like yours. Maybe more streamlined. /shrug
    Maybe a slight touch of cat eye slit might make them better.

Edit: I like the Alpha model that Zoator posted. Definitely more fierce and feral.

But more or less if I had to change something immediately on a female Worgen, it'd be their slap-assing casting animation.
    Last edited by Lissidragon; 2010-12-15 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think they'll change it now that it has gone live that way. It's dangerous ground to mess with player's characters once they've been set. I think there would be too many people upset or demanding free character re-customisation for changing their toons on them.
    Seeing as vanilla model updates are on the agenda, I don't see why changing a far newer model would really be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, i used to think the Human Eyes/Snarl (Current) Was scary, but when you simply removed the Snarl, it looked 99% better, so, i am going with that one.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would loooooooove to see those eyes on my Worgen . When I created her I kind of accepted this is not at all how I imaged a fierce werewolf to look, but hey, what can I do. I do think with all the resources Blizz have, there would be designers availlable to make a cool looking worgen/werewolf :-). But it's nice to have a new race, new options. Now that I say that, I think that's the main thing about not only this, but alot of things players are bothered/upset about - to have an option :-)

Remove or keep the snarl, I don't care.. just change it into an actual snarl. Not the demented "I'm going to curl my lips but only along my molars" thing they've got going on. I don't even think facial muscles in canids OR humans can achieve that face. I know it's a fantasy game, etc etc, but seriously. :|
    Bleep blorp: I'm a robot.
    last.fm | armory