Poll: New raid lockout... Killing Pickup Groups?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    pie, i like it

Ok now i know you've all been there when you join a pug on an alt and your running icc and can't make it past rotface. Most pugs i was in on my old server went to atleast blood queen or sindy. Then your locked out for the whole week and only did the first faceroll wing. With this new lockout you can just continue on and forget about the horrid pug you were in. it got me my kingslayer also. i was on archimonde and the pugs there were making it to the lk on most runs with the 30% buff but by then the dreaded guys i have to go after 1-2 attempts on lk then it fell apart. i switched my pally to ally on zangarmarsh because of a rl friend and joined his guild. well lets just say they were a little behind whereas we were only making it to fester on most nights (on a guild run) until very recently. so we started doing our 25 man on fri nights killed everything but the blood wing and sindy and lk, then on sat we strung our best raiders together to continue as 10 man. in hindsight i could have gotten the lk down on my horde server a lot sooner but i alas got the lk down before cata which is cool.

ot: no i do not think it has killed pugs just has given you more options whereas you dot have to do the first wing for the thousandth time if you don want to, or join a pug on lk because if you have been doing icc every week you should'nt need gear from the rest really. just pug the last boss and get your title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    This is what blizz is trying to do. They are encouraging you to do more stuff with your guild. Have you seen all of the guild achievs?
    have you seen the people that dont care about any god damn achievement ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd say it killed PuGs and I'm rather happy about it, as in a previous post it seems like they're encouraging players to do more with their guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    have you seen the people that dont care about any god damn achievement ?
    If you've bothered to read any infomation on the new guild achievements and perks before biting someone elses head off, you'll realise that a lot of these new guild achievements aren't like the normal achivements we have now. These guild achievements give new perks and abilities.

It's not killing anything, this is how raiding will work in Cata, you pick one version or the other. No more farming to get vendor gear. I personally think this helps separates bads from the rest of the group.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Before, no one wanted to join in-progress raids. Now raids who are "LFM icc10 at PP" will fill up faster.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Yeah, I'd say it killed PuGs and I'm rather happy about it, as in a previous post it seems like they're encouraging players to do more with their guilds.
    So those who can't dedicate 3 to 4 nights a week to raiding should hardly ever see a raid, ever? In or out of their guild? Because that's what is going to happen.

Now in moderate guilds you will see a lot of people ask to be raiders who really cannot. That should create shitstorms within guilds imo. Lots of guilds will be made, and lots of people will be forced into raiding, then the guilds who rely on the unreliable will collapse on themselves leaving people to pug. Those of which cannot anymore with the new lockout system.

Deleted
    Well i'm in a small guild. That means we will only ever do 10-mans. That's fair enouph, but it means i will like to get into a 25-man pug now and then.

Guess what. I can't. And if i've just killed on boss more than who ever is trying to make a raid, i'm locked, in both 10-man normal / hc 25-man normal / hc if all that i have done is 10-man hc....

Quote Originally Posted by Mistmoore View Post
    Before, no one wanted to join in-progress raids. Now raids who are "LFM icc10 at PP" will fill up faster.
    Yes that's true. Until you realize every night you have a 'raider' in your guild signed up and didn't come because he's not really a raider and is more casual. You will constantly be trying to fill slots in that way. Then, the people who want to pug will get sick of being the needle in the haystack and just stop playing or apply as a raider to a guild when they're not supposed to be, and cause even more blank spots in 'raiding guilds'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    I like pie.
    oh cmon! why aren't you banned yet? i got banned almost at once when i said ''i like waffles'' in another thread!

c'mon mods, this is unfair >:[

On stormscale, i think pugging has gotten better.

Theres always 4-5 Groups for ICC 10, and they link how many bosses down etc, people join, people kill, people continue somewhere else.
    Wednesday and thursday are mostly fresh runs, and mondays and tuesday are almost purely LK only
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

I say yes, and also that this is a damn good thing because there will finally be a blatant benefit to run with a guild.

1. Raids will be MUCH easier to get into / create.
    2. Great perks from the guild rank + reward system
    3. Guild play is more fun and more social so why not implement a system that encourages it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haavar View Post
    oh cmon! why aren't you banned yet? i got banned almost at once when i said ''i like waffles'' in another thread!

c'mon mods, this is unfair >:[
    Waffles=/=pie
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

lots of ppl like pie.
    ggg

This has in no means lessened my raiding capabilities, all it's done is aided me in getting other toons involved in raiding, since I don't have to spend as much time on my main. Personally, been loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    On stormscale, i think pugging has gotten better.

Theres always 4-5 Groups for ICC 10, and they link how many bosses down etc, people join, people kill, people continue somewhere else.
    Wednesday and thursday are mostly fresh runs, and mondays and tuesday are almost purely LK only
    Right. Right now there's so many people playing and trying to gear up for cata that it's only annoying if you're looking for a raid...

"/2 Trade, "6100gs Ret Paladin With Holy offspec looking for ICC [Icecrown Citadel]. need a group that has killed up to rotface, but hasn't killed festergut, and also killed Lootship and marrow on heroic. Oh, and we did Valithria too so make sure you killed her."

Yup, I'll be waiting eternally to continue just about any raid i start. Truth.

I'm in a high end guild. I am not a raider. Normally their mains would help the Socials run 10 mans in their spare time, but now, that's not going to happen. So, my choices are a) find another guild. but i dont want to do that because i like the people and promise of perhaps getting a raid slot someday. or b) apply to be a raider when i probably shouldn't. i suspect my RL would get in the way, and wouldn't last the trial. Then what? Pugging outside my guild? Holy christ, please no.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    why should we be in guilds?

And why should all my alts need to be in guilds? We generally try to limit the number of alts in our guild to make it easy to manage, this new lockout system has all but destroyed pugs on my server, so no more casual raids on my alts to relax, just raids with guild, which are of course easy but somehow often less fun. PUGs are fun to not steamroll content and just havea laugh and not care if you wipe on Bloodqueen repeatedly, its just fun.
    I agree completely. Your main is probably decked out and some high end people like to take their stacked character to help friends and the like and they will have to log on their 204 item level druid alt they haven't played in 7 weeks to contribute.

Only thing bad about in on my server is people forget 10 and 25 share the same lockout.

Coz it's hard to remember "I can only kill a boss once per week, regardless of difficulty."

Had a 25 man group, go to sindragosa in one night, bunch of no shows the next night, dropped it down to 10 man, killed sindragosa and LK.

New system seems fine to me, under the old system, getting as far as sind would be the end of the raid. Rather disappointing.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So those who can't dedicate 3 to 4 nights a week to raiding should hardly ever see a raid, ever? In or out of their guild? Because that's what is going to happen.
    Yes, they shouldn't be able to see a raid. Raids are for people that can raid. They are time intensive, skill intensive pursuits that shouldn't be taken lightly. WOTLK babies are failing to understand that. They aren't going to be ROFLstomped anymore, hopefully.

If you can't dedicate that much time to raiding, then get in a different guild that doesn't raid as much. Period. No one has a right to see content.

Can you imagine buying Fable 3 on Xbox then returning it for a refund because you couldn't obtain some rare hair dye? Or beat the final boss?