1. #2381
    Mechagnome Elbren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland (US)
    Posts
    502
    LB Terrell Suggs out the season.

    Torn Achilles during workouts. :-(
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

  2. #2382
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    LB Terrell Suggs out the season.

    Torn Achilles during workouts. :-(
    Man that sucks. You can't really tell guys not to play basketball, but you have to hate seeing a star player for your team hurt during a recreation activity. Just goes to show that as overblown as the outrage against players riding motorcycles is, you can get seriously injured even just playing basketball and ruin your season.

  3. #2383
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    LB Terrell Suggs out the season.

    Torn Achilles during workouts. :-(
    Adam Schefter reports "Blow to Baltimore: Ravens LB Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles playing basketball."

  4. #2384
    That's a huge blow to the Ravens. I guess it'll be Upshaw's time, regardless of whether or not he's ready for it to be.

  5. #2385
    Mechagnome Elbren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland (US)
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexub View Post
    Adam Schefter reports "Blow to Baltimore: Ravens LB Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles playing basketball."
    I was just reading this online. The bit I heard on the radio said it was from a 'workout', but everything I'm seeing online says he was playing basketball. Pretty sure basketball was one of the things in his contract that he couldn't do, so if it was the latter, then I imagine, he's subject to a 6-figure fine by the team.

    He's expected to see a specialist next week to determine the extent of the tear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    That's a huge blow to the Ravens. I guess it'll be Upshaw's time, regardless of whether or not he's ready for it to be.
    I actually think Upshaw would have been playing from day 1, whether Suggs was healthy or not. Because of the injury, Kurger gets a second chance at being a starter. As of now, Upshaw and Kruger are the OLB's unless someone is bought in via trade or FA.

    The bigger problem is their pass rush, of which Suggs consisted of about .... 99%. lol With the way that Ngata is continually double and triple teamed on the line, this basically leaves us with no pass rush what-so-ever outside of Kruger. One thing to take away from this is that Sergio Kindle looks like he might actually get a chance to see the field now (unless someone is brought in) and show that he isn't a complete and total waste of a draft pick.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

  6. #2386
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    904
    shame for suggs, even as a steeler fan lol. He hounds big ben like flies on stink when they play pittsburgh, and hes damn good at it too. As so many espn reporters will say, the ravens more or less just reload season in, season out. Being on a down year in baltimore is saying they only made it to wild card weekend. Upshaw will be interesting to watch. Who knows, maybe if suggs heals well, you dirty birds will see him back for the post season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    The worst thing you can do is entertain the idea of what if...

  7. #2387
    Im a Steeler fan also and the first thing I thought of was Suggs tears achilles, Steelers wrap up division

    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    shame for suggs, even as a steeler fan lol. He hounds big ben like flies on stink when they play pittsburgh, and hes damn good at it too. As so many espn reporters will say, the ravens more or less just reload season in, season out. Being on a down year in baltimore is saying they only made it to wild card weekend. Upshaw will be interesting to watch. Who knows, maybe if suggs heals well, you dirty birds will see him back for the post season.


  8. #2388
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    Im a Steeler fan also and the first thing I thought of was Suggs tears achilles, Steelers wrap up division
    There still going to be pretty good. Steelers are getting old and the Bengals are getting better I wouldn't say you all have the Division wrapped up but it helps that's for sure.

  9. #2389
    Mechagnome Elbren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland (US)
    Posts
    502
    NFL.com Link

    Green Bay 2nd round pick, DT Jerel Worthy had qustions around him going into the draft. Scouts thought that it seemed like he took plays off on occasion. Apparently, he does. lol

    People criticize and say I may take a play off here or there; there's nobody in the NFL game today or college or all the way down to pee-wee who plays every play full speed, full-go without getting tired. It's impossible.
    Think he may be facing an eye-opener at the NFL level.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

  10. #2390
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,514
    A lot of Wide Receivers take plays off if they know the play isn't designed for them. In Green Bay he will have to adjust his attitude towards that philosophy or he will be riding the bench.

  11. #2391
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    There still going to be pretty good. Steelers are getting old and the Bengals are getting better I wouldn't say you all have the Division wrapped up but it helps that's for sure.
    No. They're not.

    The Steelers don't rebuild, they reload. Casey Hampton's replacement was just drafted, and Heyward is sitting behind Keisel ready to play. They still have the most dominant LB corp in the NFL without question (when healthy). They have one of the youngest CB corps in the league, having 3 of their starting 5 being in their third or second year now. On offense, there's a plethora of talent in the backfield now with guys like Redman, Rainey and Batch (which I believe will be the 3 back rotation) that have all shown promise or in Redman's case, has shown the ability and talent to be a #1 back in the league. Their offensive line will go from one of the oldest in the league to one of the youngest, seemingly overnight. The line of Adams - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Gilbert has two rookies on it, and the ridiculously talented Pouncey anchoring the middle. I don't think I need to explain why our receivers are called "young money". Pretty much speaks for itself. The only place we're getting a little seasoned in age is our Safeties, but I wouldn't take any tandem over Polamalu and Clark.

    This idea that the Steelers are getting old is a tired one, brought on from non-Steelers fans. Take a look at who we've drafted, and who our replacements are just waiting for playing time. I'm not saying that the Steelers have this division all wrapped up, because it's too early to tell, but the loss of Suggs to the Ravens basically removed all pass rush against Roethlisberger. Our new offensive line will keep him upright as we can double team Ngata and healthily manage the rest of that defensive line. That being said, I think the Ravens still have an 10 - 6 / 11 - 5 record because of who else they have on that defense.

  12. #2392
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    NFL.com Link

    Green Bay 2nd round pick, DT Jerel Worthy had qustions around him going into the draft. Scouts thought that it seemed like he took plays off on occasion. Apparently, he does. lol



    Think he may be facing an eye-opener at the NFL level.
    and thats why they rotate these guys in and out

  13. #2393
    Hate the Steelers with a PASSION, but i hope you demolish the Ravens this year. Fuck Harbaugh and his big mouth, he really needs to stfu sometimes, and worry about why he can't make it to the superbowl, or even why his kick can't make a chip shot with time running out.

    Steelers/Patriots in the superbowl this year, as always. Don't see anyone else really contending. Out of the NFC, i have no clue. Hopefully not the Giants, i can't watch them beating my team for a third time.

  14. #2394
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Hate the Steelers with a PASSION, but i hope you demolish the Ravens this year. Fuck Harbaugh and his big mouth, he really needs to stfu sometimes, and worry about why he can't make it to the superbowl, or even why his kick can't make a chip shot with time running out.

    Steelers/Patriots in the superbowl this year, as always. Don't see anyone else really contending. Out of the NFC, i have no clue. Hopefully not the Giants, i can't watch them beating my team for a third time.
    Out of the Afc there is still the Raven's,Texans,Bronco's,Bengals,Pats,and Steelers. Out of the NFC Packers,Lions,49ers,Giants,Falcons and I still wouldn't count the Saints out.

  15. #2395
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    904
    Im kinda iffy about the Steelers interest in pursuing the old smash mouth football again. Seems scary that the Rooney family is dabbling into the affairs of the team like that. It worked for decades but the league is still pass heavy and you saw only tiny glimpses of run heavy offense being king. The broncos did it well, but it was almost entirely at the mercy of how well their defense could hold up.

    Wisely the Steelers drafted to favor either strategy of pass heavy or run heavy. The results i feel, are going to take a season to really sink in. So it would not surprise me if the steelers suffer a "down" year (out wild card weekend or not make it). The one thing that is good is Big Ben is familiar with being the secondary option on offense, but hes not a rookie/sophomore that overthrows when he scrambles anymore. Now hes pushing to try and stand with the NFL quarterback elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    The worst thing you can do is entertain the idea of what if...

  16. #2396
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Im kinda iffy about the Steelers interest in pursuing the old smash mouth football again. Seems scary that the Rooney family is dabbling into the affairs of the team like that. It worked for decades but the league is still pass heavy and you saw only tiny glimpses of run heavy offense being king. The broncos did it well, but it was almost entirely at the mercy of how well their defense could hold up.

    Wisely the Steelers drafted to favor either strategy of pass heavy or run heavy. The results i feel, are going to take a season to really sink in. So it would not surprise me if the steelers suffer a "down" year (out wild card weekend or not make it). The one thing that is good is Big Ben is familiar with being the secondary option on offense, but hes not a rookie/sophomore that overthrows when he scrambles anymore. Now hes pushing to try and stand with the NFL quarterback elite.
    Your right the 2 teams in the Superbowl was at the bottom in defense and rushing and the Packers who most people thought was the best team last year had a terrible running game and terrible defense. This isn't 1985 defense doesn't win Superbowl's and neither does running you have to be able to throw the ball 500 yards a game it seems. Yeah there are some teams that play defense and run the ball (Raven's,49er's) but they were not the best 2 teams last year just good enough to make the playoffs.

  17. #2397
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Hate the Steelers with a PASSION, but i hope you demolish the Ravens this year. Fuck Harbaugh and his big mouth, he really needs to stfu sometimes, and worry about why he can't make it to the superbowl, or even why his kick can't make a chip shot with time running out.

    Steelers/Patriots in the superbowl this year, as always. Don't see anyone else really contending. Out of the NFC, i have no clue. Hopefully not the Giants, i can't watch them beating my team for a third time.
    I think perspective about team strength was really skewed since Manning got injured. I'm not saying this just because I'm a Broncos fan, but he was the reason why the NFC was seen as stronger last year. Him coming back is going to make Denver a potential nightmare for teams, and the entire AFC will play better because of it. Expect it to be a pretty solid playoff run where no team is going to be the clear AFC Superbowl contender.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  18. #2398
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTegYX4Gro4
    I can't be only one super excited to see what Marshall + Jeffery + Cutler can do next season.
    I believe the Bears are going to serve notice on their opponents this year. We have the best mix of offense, defense, and special teams in the NFC North now. I predict that we will win the division title this year, and I sure as hell hope so.
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...mes-brown.html <-- Please god yes!
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

  19. #2399
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTegYX4Gro4
    I can't be only one super excited to see what Marshall + Jeffery + Cutler can do next season.
    I believe the Bears are going to serve notice on their opponents this year. We have the best mix of offense, defense, and special teams in the NFC North now. I predict that we will win the division title this year, and I sure as hell hope so.
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...mes-brown.html <-- Please god yes!
    The only thing is Cutler is going to be on the ground tne billion times this season again. It seems to me that The Bears are against drafting linemen high in the draft, even when it's their biggest need.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  20. #2400
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    The only thing is Cutler is going to be on the ground tne billion times this season again. It seems to me that The Bears are against drafting linemen high in the draft, even when it's their biggest need.
    Well yes and no. You got to remember that Carimi is comming back from a from a injured last year. Chris Williams is comming back aswell.
    Besides that Mike Martz is no longer around, and I've no doubt in Mike Tice making a better Oline than Mike Martz. Mike Martz can/could destroy any Oline and make them look like girls scouts.
    But yea I agree we have to keep Cutty around from the ground, but then again atleast we got a bit better QB reserve now.

    About the draft, I think Bears/Emery would have been drafting linemens if they could. But as I've understood it they took the players that was the highest on their list.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •