As a Panthers fan, that took me back to the Clausen era. Going to go cry in my corner, and rest my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Last night's game did not go how I expected. Good to see that just like every year it is impossible to get a good read on the Giants.
    Welcome to being a Giants fan. I can't really complain at all since we've won two SB's lately though. As soon as the popular opinion shifts to us being crappy or overrated we'll kick someone's ass or roll off 4 or 5 wins in a row. As soon as people start talking about us being good, we'll choke and lose to a crappy team at home. Never bet on the Giants is the lesson here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Welcome to being a Giants fan. I can't really complain at all since we've won two SB's lately though. As soon as the popular opinion shifts to us being crappy or overrated we'll kick someone's ass or roll off 4 or 5 wins in a row. As soon as people start talking about us being good, we'll choke and lose to a crappy team at home. Never bet on the Giants is the lesson here.
    I have to say, considering that they are putting jerseys on fans and telling them to play secondary because everybody is hurt... their defense is pretty ok.

Oh I think their defense will be ok once everyone is healthy. Kinda like last year. When you become one dimensional like Carolina did last night, they can really take you apart though, even with the injuries. JPP is a bad man.

Eli was really, really good last night as well with a patchwork receiving corps, but Carolina's defense is bad so I don't know how excited about that I should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN's Lomas Brown has the Chargers beating the Falcons and the Eagles being the last undefeated team in the NFL. So, brb, applying to be an ESPN analyst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers are kinda questionable, they haven't faced anything amazing, but are 2-0.

Eagles I have no clue... I think Arizona's defense will eat them up.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 04:10 PM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-vs-buccaneers

Now we have a shitstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Chargers are kinda questionable, they haven't faced anything amazing, but are 2-0.

Eagles I have no clue... I think Arizona's defense will eat them up.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 04:10 PM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-vs-buccaneers

Now we have a shitstorm.
    lol That Schiano sounds like a real fun guy to be around but maybe he's like that to the outside world and is better towards his players and they're ready to go the distance for him if he asks them too. In which case they'll probably feed of this drama and be pumped up for the next game.

Doubt it will last and end well though. If he's anything like they describe his players will turn on him at some point. Or the executives at Tampa...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol That Schiano sounds like a real fun guy to be around but maybe he's like that to the outside world and is better towards his players and they're ready to go the distance for him if he asks them too.
    or he trades them for a late round pick

10+ Year Old Account
    NE won't be playing till Sunday night so I need a match to watch for the early games but I'm just not seeing anything that pops out and says "WATCH ME!" so anyone a good suggestion for something to watch? Else I'll just put it on Red zone channel ( even though I dislike the frantic switching nature of watching it) and hope to see something I like that way.

EDIT: Thought NE played MNF at first. I'm dumb.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-09-23 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    NE won't be playing till Monday night ( a game I'll miss, and probably only watch the highlights of due to Mists of Pandaria dropping ) so I need a match to watch for the early games but I'm just not seeing anything that pops out and says "WATCH ME!" so anyone a good suggestion for something to watch? Else I'll just put it on Red zone channel ( even though I dislike the frantic switching nature of watching it) and hope to see something I like that way.
    I'll be watching Bucs/Cowboys of course, but for the early games, Bengals/Redskins seems like the most interesting matchup.

Three of the four late games are interesting. Steelers are gonna pound Oakland into dust, no surprise there.

Wait, the Pats play tonight, not tomorrow night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'll be watching Bucs/Cowboys of course, but for the early games, Bengals/Redskins seems like the most interesting matchup.

Three of the four late games are interesting. Steelers are gonna pound Oakland into dust, no surprise there.

Wait, the Pats play tonight, not tomorrow night.
    Yeah, no idea where I got the idea they were playing Monday, probably cause that would have been the worst time to have such a good game. Still most likely won't watch though. Game starts at 3 a.m. for me so if I want to be worth anything Tuesday for launch I'm going to need to be in bed before that. Most likely just NOT look at this thread or any american sports sites and watch the game tomorrow after I wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what to watch yet either. I think I will start out with 49ers vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, good game Dallas, nice try. Maybe you'll win next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    These commentators sure are just ripping apart the Cowboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    These commentators sure are just ripping apart the Cowboys.
    It's Buck and Aikman isn't it? At least give him credit to talk about the Cowboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Vikings look pretty good so far. I suppose I shouldn't admit I have no idea how their QB is. I don't pay attention to them that much.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 10:46 AM ----------

Jesus that punt return by the Titans. Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, the Jets are using Tim Tebow as a TE option?

So someone's finally realised something we said last season, guy gets open pretty quickly too.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go saints go!>.< I want a win...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    somebody tell these dumbass new refs how video review works, you aren't supposed to imagine that there is conclusive video evidence where there is none

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did the ref throw his hat into the endzone, right in Ogletree's path? Why did he throw his hat AT ALL?