1. #3561
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,852
    So I'm not able to watch the game, but did Jennings TD get taken back or something? The fuck.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  2. #3562
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    11,694
    Why would you run a fade on a 2-point conversion? Way too circumstantial of a play.

    On that note, I don't think Rodgers had the first down to set up the TD run.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  3. #3563
    replay showed he stepped out of bounds at the 1 yard line, all TDs get reviewed.

  4. #3564
    Absolutely horrible call on that "defensive" pass interference. What is that, four penalties in four consecutive plays? I'm about done with Football. Let them play. If anything, it was *offensive* pass interference.

  5. #3565
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,852
    Welp. First loss, lame.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  6. #3566
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,007
    Wow. What an ending for the Seahawks to beat the Packers.

    I thought the Raiders/Ravens wins were something yesterday but that was awesome.

  7. #3567
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,852
    Wow Packers got robbed... Clear interception.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  8. #3568
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Wow Packers got robbed... Clear interception.
    To me it looked like there were two offsides and a pass interference during the last four plays that were never called.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-09-25 at 04:25 AM.

  9. #3569
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Wow Packers got robbed... Clear interception.
    I'm still bewildered as to how the shit they got that call wrong, especially after review.

    I mean the fact it was set as pretty much last chance saloon after forcing Green Bay to punt one more time set this up to be an excellent finish to what had been a rather tepid game, but the fact they screwed that up is just... wow.

    I'm laughing, I shouldn't be because it's killing the game, but it's so bad I'm seeing the comedy in it.

  10. #3570
    After all the calls they missed/got wrong during the game how can you be surprised?

  11. #3571
    oh man now the refs are gonna get crucified. im glad MOP is coming out makes it easier to avoid it all. I know the calls were bad but I like hearing about football not officiating 24/7

    As a Bears fan I cant complain too much. Makes the division race a little easier.

  12. #3572
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    11,694
    Yeah, the media is gonna be all over this one. I thought the weekend was bad, probably not the worst. But holy shit. I mean, there were bad calls on both sides of the ball. But you can't deny the pass interference on the wrong team, followed by that last play, is what made this game.

    On the bright side, all talks this weekend ended in nothing. So there's that. Gonna have replacement refs for quite some time I assume.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  13. #3573
    Pandaren Monk Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,965
    Wow! Never seen a team get fucked over so bad in my life like my Packers just did. This season has been unwatchable with all these garbage officials. Packers beat the Seahawks 100% without a doubt.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe


    Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

  14. #3574
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, the media is gonna be all over this one. I thought the weekend was bad, probably not the worst. But holy shit. I mean, there were bad calls on both sides of the ball. But you can't deny the pass interference on the wrong team, followed by that last play, is what made this game.

    On the bright side, all talks this weekend ended in nothing. So there's that. Gonna have replacement refs for quite some time I assume.
    All the terrible calls made this game. There was a few drives by the packers that got extended that shouldn't have. I'm pretty sure one was a scoring drive too.

    Edit: corrected spelling

  15. #3575
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,557
    Can I say welcome back old refs?


    But what I don't get is how the review booth botched that. They aren't replacement. My guess is they didn't have the guts to overturn that.

  16. #3576
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    After all the calls they missed/got wrong during the game how can you be surprised?
    Because the video review would make it clear to someone like my mother who doesn't even follow American Football as to who caught it.

    This isn't a complex ruling of law, you have to be visually impaired to get that wrong on replay.

  17. #3577
    Pandaren Monk Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    All the terrible calls made this game. There was a few drives by the packers that got extended that shouldn't have. I'm pretty sure one was a scoring drive too.

    Edit: corrected spelling
    They had 2 chances to make the right call and refused to. Not to mention the play beforehand as well as the offensive push on the last play of the game. All around disaster. I'm done with the NFL this year.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe


    Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

  18. #3578
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Because the video review would make it clear to someone like my mother who doesn't even follow American Football as to who caught it.

    This isn't a complex ruling of law, you have to be visually impaired to get that wrong on replay.
    As soon as it's ruled a touchdown the interception is not reviewable. All they can look at was in he in bounds etc etc

  19. #3579
    Pandaren Monk Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    All the terrible calls made this game. There was a few drives by the packers that got extended that shouldn't have. I'm pretty sure one was a scoring drive too.

    Edit: corrected spelling
    They had 2 chances to make the right call and refused to. Not to mention the play beforehand as well as the offensive push on the last play of the game. All around disaster. I'm done with the NFL this year.

    The fact that Seahawks fans all over admit they lost this game is quite telling. When 99.9% of average viewers agree it was an interception tells you changes MUST be made.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 04:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    As soon as it's ruled a touchdown the interception is not reviewable. All they can look at was in he in bounds etc etc
    Don't new rules this year require review of every scoring play? Am I wrong?
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe


    Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

  20. #3580
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Can I say welcome back old refs?


    But what I don't get is how the review booth botched that. They aren't replacement. My guess is they didn't have the guts to overturn that.
    Yeah, as soon as I saw the play I told my brother "Review booth is going to say they don't have enough to overturn it." If Saints and Bills win next week... Patriots, Packers, and Saints will all be 1-3. O_O

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •