1. #3581
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    They had 2 chances to make the right call and refused to. Not to mention the play beforehand as well as the offensive push on the last play of the game. All around disaster. I'm done with the NFL this year.

    The fact that Seahawks fans all over admit they lost this game is quite telling. When 99.9% of average viewers agree it was an interception tells you changes MUST be made.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 04:12 AM ----------



    Don't new rules this year require review of every scoring play? Am I wrong?
    They do but as far as I can tell they ruled it a simultaneous catch rewarded to the Offense. Which once ruled can't be reviewed.

    On the flip side though there's fans saying the Packers 3rd down PI call was terrible too. Which would've ended their scoring drive early :/.

    Though I think we can all just agree we need the regular refs back and this game scrapped.

  2. #3582
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    They had 2 chances to make the right call and refused to. Not to mention the play beforehand as well as the offensive push on the last play of the game. All around disaster. I'm done with the NFL this year.

    The fact that Seahawks fans all over admit they lost this game is quite telling. When 99.9% of average viewers agree it was an interception tells you changes MUST be made.
    On a hail mary attempt they will allow stuff like the push.

    That was an interception though... you just can't argue that. I feel lots of sympathy for the packers they had to be the victims in this ref bull shit.

  3. #3583
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    As soon as it's ruled a touchdown the interception is not reviewable. All they can look at was in he in bounds etc etc
    I thought there's a ruling for simultaneous catch as to who got it first which is reviewable?

  4. #3584
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Because the video review would make it clear to someone like my mother who doesn't even follow American Football as to who caught it.

    This isn't a complex ruling of law, you have to be visually impaired to get that wrong on replay.
    According to Gruden, the decision of who caught the ball was not reviewable. But still, there was two refs standing right fucking above them. And seriously, how could you miss the push by Tate on Shields?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  5. #3585
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Yeah, as soon as I saw the play I told my brother "Review booth is going to say they don't have enough to overturn it." If Saints and Bills win next week... Patriots, Packers, and Saints will all be 1-3. O_O
    I'm calling for the Saints to be 0-4.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  6. #3586
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I thought there's a ruling for simultaneous catch as to who got it first which is reviewable?

    Not on a scoring play. They can't review the interception as long as the ruling on the field is a touchdown, which it was. They can only review if he was in bounds because there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field, giving the interception to the Packers. The review guys' hands were tied, they could only review if the guy was able to get any kind of hand on it, which he did, and stayed in bounds. There wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call, right or wrong.

    Jennings did in fact have the ball, but Tate at least had a hand on it which made the official on the field rule touchdown which was completely on the officials. You can't say anything about the review guys here, their hands were tied. This is completely on the officials to a) not call the OPI and b) not call in the interception.

    Brutal.

  7. #3587
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I thought there's a ruling for simultaneous catch as to who got it first which is reviewable?
    From the "rules"
    If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

    I could be wrong but once they rule it a simultaneous catch I don't think that specifically is reviewable.

  8. #3588
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    According to Gruden, the decision of who caught the ball was not reviewable. But still, there was two refs standing right fucking above them. And seriously, how could you miss the push by Tate on Shields?
    The problem was is the two refs giving conflicting calls. Read above about the push off.

    The PI on who I can't remember with Sidney Rice leaning over him was more of a botched call though. The game should of ended with GB taking a knee.

  9. #3589
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I thought there's a ruling for simultaneous catch as to who got it first which is reviewable?
    If you watch that and see a simultaneous catch then you don't watch football often. I'm sorry to be rude but it was obviously not simultaneous. Jennings caught it with 2 hands and held it tight to his chest while the receiver merely stuck up his hand.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe


    Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

  10. #3590
    Wow, I stopped watching at halftime because the game was a snooze. Guess I missed the replacements finally fucking up so badly the league can't really ignore it anymore.

  11. #3591
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    As soon as it's ruled a touchdown the interception is not reviewable. All they can look at was in he in bounds etc etc
    The problem with this is that there were 2 different calls made at that moment.

    It's clear that this game could have been self reffed better then having these replacements, the calls on both sides were just terrible. I sure hope after this that Goodell is jumping on his jet and heading over to Hochulis home on his knees with some flowers and cupcakes saying he is sorry begging for the Refs to get back. Packer Fan or not, this is a joke to watch.

  12. #3592
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,908
    So wait, what the hell is the point of an automatic review on scoring plays if you can't actually reverse referee error? =/

    Bleh, this is becoming a circus now.

  13. #3593
    TJ Lang is going to get in some trouble for this tweet:

    "Got fucked by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl"

    He'll be fined for tweeting a fact, which is even more embarrassing.

  14. #3594
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    From the "rules"
    If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

    I could be wrong but once they rule it a simultaneous catch I don't think that specifically is reviewable.
    The problem was that it wasn't a simultaneous catch. Only Jennings had actual possession of the ball. Tate wedged his arm between the ball and Jennings' chest as Jennings came down with the ball. And this was after an offensive pass interference no-call on Tate's push off that should have pushed them back 15 yards.[COLOR="red"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  15. #3595
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,039
    Roger Goodell better fly his ass to Wisconsin, slap on some lipstick, and suck every Packer fans dick off. I'm so irate right now that the game I love so much is crumbling all around me.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe


    Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

  16. #3596
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    So wait, what the hell is the point of an automatic review on scoring plays if you can't actually reverse referee error? =/

    Bleh, this is becoming a circus now.
    Mainly to call whether or not the receiver is inbounds or out of bounds. Unfortunately, some calls just aren't allowed to be challenged. They're getting better with that though, pass interference is now reviewable, but I've never seen it be a booth review.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  17. #3597
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    The problem was that it wasn't a simultaneous catch. Only Jennings had actual possession of the ball. Tate wedged his arm between the ball and Jennings' chest as Jennings came down with the ball. And this was after an offensive pass interference no-call on Tate's push off that should have pushed them back 15 yards.[COLOR="red"]
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?

  18. #3598
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    So wait, what the hell is the point of an automatic review on scoring plays if you can't actually reverse referee error? =/

    Bleh, this is becoming a circus now.
    for whatever reason they handcuff themselves on what they can review. it's how we roll in america on some things lol.

  19. #3599
    Just saw the replay. Ouch. Not good at all.

    Pretty good breakdown by the former official they had in the booth. Explains what went wrong and what should have happened. Also explained why the replay booth couldn't do anything about it.

  20. #3600
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,908
    If a play is going into review, the entire play should be up for review, not specific elements. Otherwise what is the point of utilising the technology. It's there to eradicate errors and bring clarity to an uncertain situation. The rules need a good looking at, refs brought back (I hope) or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •