Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Tate denied pushing off Shields. Guess he hasn't seen the review.
    "I don't know what you're talking about.."

Lying scumbag. I'm sick of this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I missed that one. Kind of like the defensive holding call that got 10 yards instead of five.

ESPN's Top Ten should just be Top Ten ref fuckups.
    Yeah. Titans were supposed to get 15 yards from their own 44. Instead they got 15 from Detroit's 44, so the refs effectively penalized the Lions 27 yards.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 04:49 AM ----------

Tate denied pushing off Shields. Guess he hasn't seen the review.
    LOL. He was caught dead to rights on camera pushing off Shields' back.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 04:57 AM ----------

Oh yeah, and even worse there, they usually give a sideline warning first. I don't care if they're trying to get these refs control of the game, that's a bad call in two different ways.

What bothers me the most is how flippant these refs seem to be when it comes to actually controlling the game. Most of the games the last few weeks all had a similar feel; the first half was marked by players killing each other on hard, borderline dirty plays that the refs are either blind or indifferent, then the second half follows with the scabs deciding to put their big boy pants on and raining flags on nearly every play. The players and the coaches have every right to put these replacements on blast when the incompetence and inconsistency that they're met with by the replacement refs on a weekly basis can cost these guys their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Up until tonight, i was buying into what Dan Patrick was saying about the replacement refs.

basically he said, do the refs make bad calls? yeah. the blame goes onto both the NFL and the locked out refs for the situation the game is in. Youre expecting far inferior referees to bridge and work as well as the refs who've worked in the NFL for years.

I believed it, and then that ............ call was made. High School refs have to make that call, and i think they would rise to the occasion better than this.

I've been observing the ESPN live chat, and people are saying some unnecessary nasty things about these refs. They screwed up, and they screwed up hard. You just can't say things akin to death threats.

This may effectively be a look back point for the packers as they miss the playoffs or a division title.

As a Steeler fan, thank god we werent involved in this game, as legions of jackasses would come running out saying the team paid off the refs. Which we seem to hear almost very other week during the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Epic. Followed. Win.

this guy got my respect lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers was incredibly passive for that press conference, though also making passive aggressive stabs.

I forgot to do a writeup of this game before hand, I will do a post write up tomorrow. Too much shitstorm to highlight anything after that last play.

Ironic that the Packers, a team without an owner and which is owned by the fans, got fucked over by refs who are only there because of the stubbornness of actual NFL owners to give a little more to the regular refs.

Am I the only one to see this tragic irony?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hire me, I'll do. How hard can it be?

(yes, I know the real refs have been doing it for like 20 years, but surely I can do better than the replacements)

10+ Year Old Account
    Frank Gore being classy and bringing up race on his twitter.

Well, the twitter isn't flagged official, but it looks like its his.

I'm honestly stunned. If the Packers are not awarded the win then this season is done for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I get off for tonight, I'll just leave this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2HO2f0ggQ

Also, that Frank Gore Twitter was fake.

I lol'd. Jennings said (about the last play of the game):

"It was pinned to my chest the whole time. I was very shocked. But, the refs get the last say, so it is what it is. It was just a frustrating game. Like I said, the refs did a great job. I can't get fined if I'm saying the refs did a great job, so the refs did a great job."

10+ Year Old Account
    While I can't agree with the final play (as a Seahawks fan), the entire game, as well as the whole season has been a joke. Just this game alone had numerous missed calls and botched calls. The last scoring drive of the Packers shouldn't have happened either. The wrong calls gave them the necessary yards and 1st downs to make it happen.

It wasn't the final play of the game that screwed it all up. It was the entire game. The final play was just the easiest to see nail in the coffin.

Get the real refs back. This is a joke and has been all season long.

But enough of that...

8 sacks in the first half on Rodgers! Wow!!! Seahawks defense was impressive again.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2012-09-25 at 07:45 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Yeah good luck getting the real refs back now. This game was exactly what they needed to argue their salaries upward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blown call. But fuck the Packers, so I don't care.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    And, much to the surprise of....no one, the NFL is defending the outcome of the game, even though they admit Golden Tate blatantly committed offensive pass interference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-lea...4717--nfl.html

100% political move. If they admit the refs fucked up, they strengthen the position of the regular refs. So, they choose to act like everything is ok and that the replacements are perfectly fine. The only way the owners, and by extension the league, are going to budge is if people start boycotting the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    And, much to the surprise of....no one, the NFL is defending the outcome of the game, even though they admit Golden Tate blatantly committed offensive pass interference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-lea...4717--nfl.html

100% political move. If they admit the refs fucked up, they strengthen the position of the regular refs. So, they choose to act like everything is ok and that the replacements are perfectly fine. The only way the owners, and by extension the league, are going to budge is if people start boycotting the NFL.
    I've never heard of the NFL overturning a win, so I'm not surprised here. If they can't change it, then there's no reason to argue the decision.

Mike and Mike have now named the play "The Inaccurate Reception"
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-25 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of the NFL overturning a win, so I'm not surprised here. If they can't change it, then there's no reason to argue the decision.
    Yeah, they won't overturn a win, which is why they are saying that.