1. #4181
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    At Halftime, what's the game to watch the second half of? I should have come here and asked what the big 6pm GMT game to watch should be, and I'm watching Arizona against Green Bay at the moment (6-13 before extra point) and it's not holding my interest.

    Also, Brit here with no "favourite team".
    From the early games? Dolphins/Colts has been a damn good match so far.

  2. #4182
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    From the early games? Dolphins/Colts has been a damn good match so far.
    Plus that game actually might have playoff implications.

    If you want to watch an evisceration, turn on Lions and Jags. The Detroit Lions are running the ball all over the Jags. Running. The Lions can't run against tackling dummies but apparently can against the Jags. Mikel LeShoure has three running TDs and just embarrassed 2-3 Jags on the last one as he ran right by them.

  3. #4183
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,303
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Plus that game actually might have playoff implications.

    If you want to watch an evisceration, turn on Lions and Jags. The Detroit Lions are running the ball all over the Jags. Running. The Lions can't run against tackling dummies but apparently can against the Jags. Mikel LeShoure has three running TDs and just embarrassed 2-3 Jags on the last one as he ran right by them.
    That game looks like it's going to last 4 hours real time with the amount of one-sided scoring going on.

    Something that looks like it's going to come down to Q4 would be good. Just switched over to the Dolphins/Colts. Bills/Texans looks low scoring but nice and tight.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  4. #4184
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Blaine Gabbert throws a pick, has it called back on a defensive penalty. Immediately throws the ball right at a Detroit safety again and its dropped on a diving pick attempt. The Jags really should have traded for Tim Tebow.

  5. #4185
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    That game looks like it's going to last 4 hours real time with the amount of one-sided scoring going on.

    Something that looks like it's going to come down to Q4 would be good. Just switched over to the Dolphins/Colts. Bills/Texans looks low scoring but nice and tight.
    Fins Colts is going to be a close game right down to Q4 the way it's been. It's been pretty back and forth so far.

    I'd be watching Cowboys/Falcons later if Oakland weren't playing, that's got the makings of a good game.

  6. #4186
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,635
    Why does everyone still think the Wildcat can work if they never do anything different with it? No matter what team I watch, it's the same thing. Tailback takes the direct snap, runs straight up the middle. Yeah, you get the extra blocker, but it doesn't matter if everyone sees it coming. Mix it up a bit. At least some people fake the sweep to the motion receiver, but even then they NEVER give it to em. I guess that's partially understandable, since the tailback doesn't normally have to read a defense. Still though.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  7. #4187
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,804
    Redskins are going to beat themselves again.

  8. #4188
    Skins-Panthers is every bit as boring as you'd think watching two bad teams would be.

  9. #4189
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,402
    Denver are having a 'mare in the third quarter, two passes in a row thrown for interceptions, with a kick return that was spotted at the 1yard line in between.

  10. #4190
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,303
    Very good call on Dolphins/Colts. 20-20 with 9 minutes remaining.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  11. #4191
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Denver are having a 'mare in the third quarter, two passes in a row thrown for interceptions, with a kick return that was spotted at the 1yard line in between.
    Got to love Manning. Lets the Bengals in the game to make it interesting then just absolutely steps on their throat in about 10 minutes time and just taunts them as if they ever had a chance. Manning needs 9 yards for an NFL record 5th game in a row of 300 yards and 3 TDs. On pace for 4900 yards, 40 TDs and 12 INTs, the 2nd best year of his career.

  12. #4192
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,402
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Got to love Manning. Lets the Bengals in the game to make it interesting then just absolutely steps on their throat in about 10 minutes time and just taunts them as if they ever had a chance. Manning needs 9 yards for an NFL record 5th game in a row of 300 yards and 3 TDs.
    The Bengals managed to shoot themselves in the foot with a sequence of terrible offensive penalties. Felt like I was watching 2011 Oakland the way they were doing play after play, Dalton's face said it all after the third holding.


    Speaking of Oakland and penalties, jeez guys. What the hell?
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-11-04 at 09:24 PM.

  13. #4193
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Holy hell, Adrian Peterson is not messing around today.

  14. #4194
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Holy hell, Adrian Peterson is not messing around today.
    No kidding... 26.70 fantasy points already. Apparently give AP every play is working well.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  15. #4195
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    That was a terrible call on the Steelers there in the end zone. If you want to call defenseless receiver, fine. The ref called that a blow to the head and he was clearly hit in the lower ribs, not even close to the head.

  16. #4196
    The Bears game was just hilarious. Tennessee couldnt do anything, anytime they try and move the ball at all the Bears take it away. Blocked punts, Interceptions, and Forced fumbles. And speaking of forced fumbles, Charles Tillman the Bears underrated CB forced 4 of them. Ya you read that correctly, 4. His ball punch is unparalleled in the NFL. The final score doesnt even speak to how big of a mismatch this game was since CJ got a 80 yd TD after the Bears rested their starters, they coudlve easily added even more points with their offensive and defensive starters still in there.

    I found it annoying how much the announcers spent dissing the Bears offense during a blowout game. Its hard to get yards when you keep getting good field position and the defense is scoring so you are not even getting a chance. On the chances they did have they played pretty damn well, I have no doubt this team is clearly one of the best regardless of how they fair versus Houston next week.

    I also LOLd at the final play of the Redskins-Panthers game. Redskins down 8 need a ton of yards with like 15 sec to go. Griffin throws like a 4 yard pass and the guy dances around running backwards til hes tackled ending the game... Great call that was.

  17. #4197
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,804
    Golden Tate just scored a monster TD.

  18. #4198
    What a terrible call against the Steelers. There is no way in hell that was a fumble. He clearly is throwing the ball himself. That along with the god awful unnecessary roughness call is just gifting the Giants this game. It should be 7-3 Steelers instead its 14-7 Giants.

  19. #4199
    Epic! lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    What a terrible call against the Steelers. There is no way in hell that was a fumble. He clearly is throwing the ball himself. That along with the god awful unnecessary roughness call is just gifting the Giants this game. It should be 7-3 Steelers instead its 14-7 Giants.
    The officiating in this game has been terrible in general....mostly in favor of the Giants.

  20. #4200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    What a terrible call against the Steelers. There is no way in hell that was a fumble. He clearly is throwing the ball himself. That along with the god awful unnecessary roughness call is just gifting the Giants this game. It should be 7-3 Steelers instead its 14-7 Giants.
    The ball came out while his hand was still cocked back. That was the "empty hand" rule. He tried to throw it but never had possession. If you want to complain on that play there was a no call for a block in the back on the return.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •