1. #4681
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,904
    My heart sank with that punt return. I mean come on you have a 2 possession lead with under a minute on the clock and you don't stop a punt return from the 3? Glad they won but I'll admit I was worried.

  2. #4682
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Congratulations Dallas' defense for making Nick Foles almost look like a competent NFL QB yesterday and for letting the Eagles 2nd-3rd string back put up 160+ yards. What the hell Rob Ryan? Good thing the Eagles blew their NINTH fourth quarter lead in the last two seasons. If that defense wasn't terrible they wouldn't be nearly as shit as they have been and probably would have made the playoffs last year.

  3. #4683
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    956
    Listen to the Jim Rome Show today, he had a few interesting takes about the weekend, esp in football. The big one being the obvious.

    The man kept it simple, and said keep in mind, Costas was just taking what columnist Jason Whitlock wrote and reiterating it. Whether or not Costas agrees with the sentiment i do not know, i did not see last nights halftime segment. Do I agree with the article, no. It doesnt take much to say something is wrong with the guy when he shoots his girlfriend 9 times. Something terribly wrong, way beyond guns.

    Rome went further and said "We can argue this all we want and its gonna go nowhere, my childrens' kid's children could be hosting a talk program years from now and we'll still be having this argument, so im not gonna go there"

    Back to football. I hope charlie batch gets in front of a microphone today and announce he's retiring, cause i honestly cant imagine his career having much of a higher point than last nights win.

    All week Big Ben was saying he might play, and all i could say as a Steelers fan was NO! Id honestly have preferred taking the loss with Charlie batch at the helm and lose but bring ben back a week later and push for a wild card, than risk Big Ben getting injured for the remainder, and have to hope Charlie batch can string together 4 more miracles just to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    "They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

  4. #4684
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,743
    Shermans appeal is December 14th. So he'll be around for the Arizona game. No word of Browners date.

  5. #4685
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    According to Schefter, Kaepernick will continue being the starter for the 49ers (its not like he was bad in that Rams game). Sanchez will not be starting this week and it will be between Tebow and McElroy. Seriously, does anyone think it won't be Tebow for a game in Jacksonville? The NFL brass probably called the Jets and forced them to play Tebow. The Jags are actually removing the tarps that cover half their stadium since they expect people to come out to the game for the first time in years.

  6. #4686
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,389
    Ideally they can think up an injury for Sanchez to have and let him be the inactive QB for the game

  7. #4687
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Man I missed Raiola's comments on Titus Young the other day. I almost kind of don't hate Raiola now.
    We've moved on from him. He wants to be an asshole, let him be an asshole. It's not my problem. What we can control is the guys who want to be here. And when you act like that, you don't want to be here. We've got good guys on offense. Don't be an asshole and don't be a jerk.

  8. #4688
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,293
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    According to Schefter, Kaepernick will continue being the starter for the 49ers (its not like he was bad in that Rams game). Sanchez will not be starting this week and it will be between Tebow and McElroy. Seriously, does anyone think it won't be Tebow for a game in Jacksonville? The NFL brass probably called the Jets and forced them to play Tebow. The Jags are actually removing the tarps that cover half their stadium since they expect people to come out to the game for the first time in years.
    Give McElroy the start. I understand there's a reason he's the third string QB, but give him a shot. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, let him go since you've got nothing else to lose.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  9. #4689
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Give McElroy the start. I understand there's a reason he's the third string QB, but give him a shot. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, let him go since you've got nothing else to lose.
    No, give the fans what they have been wanting all season. Tebow it up.

  10. #4690
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Give McElroy the start. I understand there's a reason he's the third string QB, but give him a shot. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, let him go since you've got nothing else to lose.
    Frankly, there is no downside to starting Tebow. It isn't like McElroy lit the world on fire. He went 5 for 7 on mostly checkdowns and had 27 yards passing. You have nothing to play for (although starting Tebow could in theory hurt their draft spot if he doesn't suck it up). Put him out there in what is essentially Tebowtown and give him a chance to either prove all the critics wrong or affirm their belief that he is terrible.

  11. #4691
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,743
    Oh wow challenging on the first drive... Looks like he got it, but still.

  12. #4692
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Oh wow challenging on the first drive... Looks like he got it, but still.
    Phenomenally stupid use of a challenge. Just shockingly stupid. There are 58 minutes left in this game. That is a massively useless unnecessary risk especially when you have the best running QB and a fantastic running game.

    Oh look they had to punt anyways four plays later.

  13. #4693
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Phenomenally stupid use of a challenge. Just shockingly stupid. There are 58 minutes left in this game. That is a massively useless unnecessary risk especially when you have the best running QB and a fantastic running game.

    Oh look they had to punt anyways four plays later.
    Yeah terrible choice even if they got it. Shows how much faith they have in their defense.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 07:05 PM ----------

    Did I hear that right? There was an injured ref in the first quarter? Interesting..

  14. #4694
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,293
    Someone let me know when they stop saying "RG3" every other damn word.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  15. #4695
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Someone let me know when they stop saying "RG3" every other damn word.
    Calling him Bob Griffin is cathartic.

  16. #4696
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Calling him Bob Griffin is cathartic.
    It's not his name, it's that they can't shut the hell up about him. Ever. it's just as bad with Andrew luck. Every day, they're fucking saints who have perfect games every game and are the absolute saviors of their teams. Guess what? Neither of them are having GREAT seasons. Stop getting down on your knees for these two and talk about something else for a change.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  17. #4697
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I want Tom Jackson's job. All he does is sit next to Chris Berman and say "mmhmm" over and freaking over.
    that's just because Berman never shuts the F up...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

  18. #4698
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's not his name, it's that they can't shut the hell up about him. Ever. it's just as bad with Andrew luck. Every day, they're fucking saints who have perfect games every game and are the absolute saviors of their teams. Guess what? Neither of them are having GREAT seasons. Stop getting down on your knees for these two and talk about something else for a change.
    they're always like that, when Romo first took over as the Cowboy's starter they all gushed about him like he was God's gift to football

    they did it with Tebow last year too, but he actually is God's gift to football

  19. #4699
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they did it with Tebow last year too, but he actually is God's gift to football
    tebow 3:16 4ever
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  20. #4700
    Stood in the Fire Drfireburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Dark Portal
    Posts
    438
    It did get annoying hearing RG3 every other word during the game and even after last night. I had to turn off ESPN.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •