Colin Kapernick is a talented player but he simply is not on the level of Russell Wilson. Its not close. He can't make the same reads. If Colin was allowed to run the same plays Wilson is, he would not be nearly as accurate. Kapernick runs a more limited play selection to boost his completion percentage. He's not in the same class.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:23 PM ----------

Russell Wilson will own some NFL records currently held by the likes of Brady and Manning before he is done.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:26 PM ----------

It will be a crime is Russell Wilson isn't rookie of the year.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:32 PM ----------

If the 2012 draft was done over again today, the Colts would have taken Wilson.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-12-31 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Colin Kapernick is a talented player but he simply is not on the level of Russell Wilson. Its not close. He can't make the same reads. If Colin was allowed to run the same plays Wilson is, he would not be nearly as accurate. Kapernick runs a more limited play selection to boost his completion percentage. He's not in the same class.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:23 PM ----------

Russell Wilson will own some NFL records currently held by the likes of Brady and Manning before he is done.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:26 PM ----------

It will be a crime is Russell Wilson isn't rookie of the year.
    I won't disagree. But this year, in the playoffs, I don't think Seattle can beat SF or GB at home. Seattle already embarrassed both teams pretty badly (GB with the replacement refs, SF with the blowout) and when you play an away game with those crazy ass fans... Let's just say I wouldn't put money on the Seahawks in either situation. Those teams will be out for blood.

You know who I would bet against though? The Falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I won't disagree. But this year, in the playoffs, I don't think Seattle can beat SF or GB at home. Seattle already embarrassed both teams pretty badly (GB with the replacement refs, SF with the blowout) and when you play an away game with those crazy ass fans... Let's just say I wouldn't put money on the Seahawks in either situation. Those teams will be out for blood.

I have to pick Seattle. The rapid development and expansion of the playbook for Wilson means this Seahawks team has dramatically improved in the past month. In October, I would favor SF and GB at home vs the Seahawks. Now, I think that offense is so explosive they should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post

Both SF & GB have shown that no matter what, their home-field advantage is not really there.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Both SF & GB have shown that no matter what, their home-field advantage is not really there.
    80,000 fans screaming against you is going to matter, I don't care who your QB is. It has to swing a game at least 3 points either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giants
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Historically, teams that play at home fare better in the playoffs. It does matter.
    I think over the past 10 years, home playoffs teams are winning at only about 6/10 playoff games. Not nearly as good as you might think. A few recent Super Bowl Champs have been road warriors, winning multiple road playoff games. The 2011 Giants, 2010 Packers, and 2007 Giants come to mind.

I think over the past 10 years, home playoffs teams are winning at only about 6/10 playoff games. Not nearly as good as you might think. A few recent Super Bowl Champs have been road warriors, winning multiple road playoff games. The 2011 Giants, 2010 Packers, and 2007 Giants come to mind.
    Are you implying that's an advantage?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to pick Seattle. The rapid development and expansion of the playbook for Wilson means this Seahawks team has dramatically improved in the past month. In October, I would favor SF and GB at home vs the Seahawks. Now, I think that offense is so explosive they should win.
    Not really explosive today against STL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I was the only one thinking about it: https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/st...63609822670848

If it weren't for him, and the injured Percy Harvin, I could not care less about Minnesota.

15+ Year Old Account
    i decided to get into 'Murican Football on xmas day, a load of my friends here in the UK like it, and I got a silly little lego football player model in a poundland thing my sister got me. not knowing anything about it I spoke to my mate, and said I should pick a team. having never really followed team sports before etc (the only sport I really watch on any sort of regular basis is MMA) I didn't really know how to go about picking a team, seeing as I'm in the UK I don't really have a local team...

I decided I wouldn't look at how well teams did - I hear a lot of banter about fans being glory hunters etc, so figured I'd avoid that. Similarly I decided against just picking a team that my friends liked simply because they liked them. And lastly I figured picking a team based on the colours of their kit seemed a rather girly way of going about it.

Not really having any ties with any American cities/states I decided that I'd just put it down to the team name, So for various reasons I decided to go with the Vikings, they sounded cool and I'm decended from vikings myself, so it seemed fitting. As a lucky bonus it turns out that purple is my favourite colour too, so I'll end up wearing the jersey I ordered a lot.

Unfortunately little did I know that I didn't pick the best time to get into NFL, as it was the last game of the season... But Last nights Vikings vs Packers game made for a very fitting first American Football game to watch, by the end of the first quarter I had a rough understanding of what was going on. And boy what a game that was! I went round to the previously mentioned mates for a bit of a LADs night to watch the game - all his housemates are NFL fans, and a few other people came round, making 6 of us in total, all supporting different teams, but there was I the new Vikings fan, wearing as much purple as I could (jersey hasn't arrived yet) ready to support my team.

one of the other guys was a Packers fan, but it turns out that everyone except him wanted the Vikings to win (even he wasn't too fussed as he said he'd rather the vikings went through over the bears)

Obviously I don't know enough about things to go into much detail, but I had a great time watching the game, got properly into it as well. was so close! Real shame AP missed out on the record by only 9 yards. Hopefully he can beat it next season =D

Well cheers to you Kipling. Spread the joy that is American Football, more countries really should appreciate it besides just us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mm Vikings, 4th winning streak and against the leprechaun packers. Too bad AP got 9yards short of the record but what a game.
    Ponder keep doing less and less bad as well, he even did well last night, amazing!

Go Vikings!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well cheers to you Kipling. Spread the joy that is American Football, more countries really should appreciate it besides just us.
    Hehe cheers! Its a bit lame that we've got to play the Packers again next weekend, but should make for an interesting game, coming off a loss to us must take a bit of a mental toll on the Packers, but they'll have the home field advantage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to any Redskins fans, that was quite a game tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Hehe cheers! Its a bit lame that we've got to play the Packers again next weekend, but should make for an interesting game, coming off a loss to us must take a bit of a mental toll on the Packers, but they'll have the home field advantage...
    Playoffs are a great time to watch the NFL. Guys play harder and the competition is better. It helps that the team you picked made it in too.

I have to ask a random question though, what do you think of the seahawks new uniforms? They were designed to attract people that weren't particularly interested in the NFL and younger fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Well Im a Bears fan so your new teams win kept my team out, so remember you could be having it a lot worse. It is funny though that because the Packers lost they are punished by having to play the same team again. One would have to think they will win the next game with it being at home, it seems unlikely to me that not only Peterson but really Ponder play that well in back to back games. Rodgers we know can dominate games each week and Green Bay should also be getting Cobb back who if Im not mistaken has been their best receiver this year

15+ Year Old Account
    The Skins/Hawks game is going to be filthy good. I'm glad it is finally the playoffs and I don't have to even think about the Lions again until the draft in April.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Playoffs are a great time to watch the NFL. Guys play harder and the competition is better. It helps that the team you picked made it in too.

I have to ask a random question though, what do you think of the seahawks new uniforms? They were designed to attract people that weren't particularly interested in the NFL and younger fans.
    Yeh I'm glad the Vikings got through, means I'll get to watch some games in my new jersey when it arrives :3 I think last nights game was good because Vikings had everything to play for, but the Packers fan there said that the Packers were missing 2 key players who will no doubt be there in next weeks game . . . fingers crossed :3

The mate I mentioned is a seahawks fan, their kits do look pretty cool it must be said, but I avoided looking at the kits until I'd picked a team, going by colours seemed a girly way of doing things =p as it turns out purple being my favourite colour I did pretty well out of it, also really like the bengals kit too btw =)

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well Im a Bears fan so your new teams win kept my team out, so remember you could be having it a lot worse. It is funny though that because the Packers lost they are punished by having to play the same team again. One would have to think they will win the next game with it being at home, it seems unlikely to me that not only Peterson but really Ponder play that well in back to back games. Rodgers we know can dominate games each week and Green Bay should also be getting Cobb back who if Im not mistaken has been their best receiver this year
    yeh I said after the game that it must have sucked for the bears and their fans, knowing that you had to win to go through, playing hard to get that win and then be denied in the very last seconds of the Vikings game =( [but I can't complain though... lol] for me I'm glad I get to watch my team at least once more before the next season etc ^_^

I'm new to it so can't comment a whole lot on the players, Peterson seems to do well most games I've read, usually getting over 175 rush yards a game. Ponder does seem to be a bit more hit or miss, but they said during the game he's been getting progressively better... so who knows, the Packers have the home advantage but are coming off of a loss to the team they're playing... I predict a good game =D

Must say rodgers was a beast last night, his passes were incredibly accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Are you implying that's an advantage?
    I'm saying when you playing a team as good as the Seahawks in the playoffs, home field wont help.

Seahawks have opened as 1-2 point favorites.