1. #5701
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    The Rooney's just don't like bad apples, period. It's why they didn't keep Joey Porter ... or Santonio Holmes ... or Plaxico Burress.
    or Ben Roethlisberger

  2. #5702
    Ive officially decided to stick with Atlanta and Green Bay this weekend. I was leaning towards the Seahawks for a bit but losing Clemons, Lynch not practicing all week, and them having to travel to Atlanta to play a noon game which is basically like 10 AM for them makes me feel they wont have their A game. I also have the gut feeling Atlanta shows up.

    Green Bay is basically I trust Aaron Rodgers a ton and Kaepernick not at all. Thats bout it. Green Bay's defense isnt bad when its healthy and they are now, so they should play well enough to win.

    Denver/New England obviously as the other two. I would be shocked if either of them lost honestly
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-11 at 01:27 PM.

  3. #5703
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    or Ben Roethlisberger
    lol its why i said "rarely" cause big ben was an obvious break in the trend
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    "They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

  4. #5704
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    lol its why i said "rarely" cause big ben was an obvious break in the trend
    its ok for the white guys apparently

  5. #5705
    Mechagnome Elbren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland (US)
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    its ok for the white guys apparently
    I don't think it's "ok for the white guys".

    1. I think it's because he's the QB; a position that has a much larger impact on the teams success/future.

    2. With the exception of Rainey, none of the other guys were cut. They just let them walk at the end of their contracts. Big Ben is in the middle of his deal (a deal that gave him $36 Mil. in guaranteed money). While I think his job was safer than any of the other guys I mentioned, I certainly wouldn't call it secure. He was already removed earlier this year (last year?) as team captain. I'd imagine that he doesn't have many (if any) chances left.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

  6. #5706
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,994
    Trent Williams fined $7,875 for shoving Richard Sherman. Kinda thought it would be more honestly.

    Also I wouldn't worry about Lynch not practicing. There have been a few times this year where he missed a week or 2/3 practices.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:37 PM ----------

    Rumor is Rob Ryan has been hired at St. Louis as DC.

    This scares me quite a bit. They already got a decent defense without a DC this year.

  7. #5707
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Rumor is Rob Ryan has been hired at St. Louis as DC.

    This scares me quite a bit. They already got a decent defense without a DC this year.
    Ya that is gonna be potentially scary. Imagine if Arizona rights the ship with their defense. All four teams in the NFC West have top 10 defense potential.

    Tickets to the Hawks/Falcons game are expected to cost all of $25 day of the game. Atlanta, sports city.

  8. #5708
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya that is gonna be potentially scary. Imagine if Arizona rights the ship with their defense. All four teams in the NFC West have top 10 defense potential.

    Tickets to the Hawks/Falcons game are expected to cost all of $25 day of the game. Atlanta, sports city.
    Yeah.

    Those prices are sad. Good luck finding Clink tickets, especially during playoffs. Then again it is a small stadium.

    Sherman, Earl Thomas, Max Unger, and Lynch were named all pros.

  9. #5709
    Not a fan of stats, but the Manning stat of being like 1-10 in cold weather games would make me nervous if I were a Broncos fan.

  10. #5710
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Not a fan of stats, but the Manning stat of being like 1-10 in cold weather games would make me nervous if I were a Broncos fan.
    Odd, cause I heard another stat that he was like the 2nd or 3rd highest rated QB in the NFL in cold weather games.

  11. #5711
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Odd, cause I heard another stat that he was like the 2nd or 3rd highest rated QB in the NFL in cold weather games.
    Champ Bailey better put some gloves on then.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  12. #5712
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Odd, cause I heard another stat that he was like the 2nd or 3rd highest rated QB in the NFL in cold weather games.
    Regular season probably. Probably the greatest regular season qb or all time

    I heard he has never won a playoff game when it was under 40degrees at kickoff on espnradio.

  13. #5713
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Regular season probably. Probably the greatest regular season qb or all time

    I heard he has never won a playoff game when it was under 40degrees at kickoff on espnradio.
    It was probably both. I heard it either on the radio or on TV when they were talking about the Packers Vikings game saying how Rodgers is the best QB in cold weather which is like 40 or below and then they listed off the next best after him and Peyton was on there at #2 or #3.

    You know I find it pretty amusing that if you look at the stats the year Peyton won the Super Bowl was arguably his worst postseason statistically, yet because they won people use it to validate him as have gotten over the hump. When most his career he has been good in other games, they just happened to lose. This idea QBs is all about winning and losing is stupid.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-12 at 10:13 PM.

  14. #5714
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,994
    Damn it Torrey Smith stop making Flacco look good.

  15. #5715
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Damn it Torrey Smith stop making Flacco look good.
    Thing is, the first touchdown pass was underthrown, Smith just outran bailey by that much that he could still slow down a bit and had to catch it behind him.

    Torrey Smith seemed to have come out of nowhere this year. He's got some major skills.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  16. #5716
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Thing is, the first touchdown pass was underthrown, Smith just outran bailey by that much that he could still slow down a bit and had to catch it behind him.

    Torrey Smith seemed to have come out of nowhere this year. He's got some major skills.
    The 2nd TD was incredibly overthrown too.

    And gg ravens special teams.

  17. #5717
    This is a pretty fun game to watch so far. Can't wait to watch the Green Bay game next.

    I want the Ravens too pull this one out.... give Ray his last chance. I have a feeling its going to end with a high score.

  18. #5718
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    And gg ravens special teams.
    Here's a thought. Has there ever been a player that returned a punt AND a kickoff in a playoff game?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  19. #5719
    As long as denver is allowed to tackle the guys on defense and call it a block, they are going to win.

  20. #5720
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Here's a thought. Has there ever been a player that returned a punt AND a kickoff in a playoff game?
    No, hes the first now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •