1. #7561
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,313
    they're already interviewing and hiring personnel familiar with defending it, it will still be a good offensive option but I don't think we'll see any more 181 yard rush games from QBs, - it won't go away, I'm sure everybody will bust it out when they play the Saints or the Lions

  2. #7562
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Seattle and Denver are both getting too hyped. Both have completely stacked rosters, but both ultimately lost games they shouldn't have when it mattered and have more to prove than SF/BAL/NE/ATL.

    //edit

    Also what the fuck is wrong with the guys telling NFL's web dev folks what to do? Nobody wants a video to auto start on every fucking news story jesus fucking christ.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-05-11 at 01:04 AM.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  3. #7563
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Also what the fuck is wrong with the guys telling NFL's web dev folks what to do? Nobody wants a video to auto start on every fucking news story jesus fucking christ.
    Fully agree, it's something new of the past week or so, I hope they can it soon, or give you the option to turn it off, cause it's terrible.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  4. #7564
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they're already interviewing and hiring personnel familiar with defending it, it will still be a good offensive option but I don't think we'll see any more 181 yard rush games from QBs, - it won't go away, I'm sure everybody will bust it out when they play the Saints or the Lions
    Yeah thats pretty much what I think. Wildcat was a gimmick. Read option is a gimmick if you don't have the personnel to pull it off. Like, I really don't see the bears being super successful at it. Plus your QB has to be able to sell it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Seattle and Denver are both getting too hyped. Both have completely stacked rosters, but both ultimately lost games they shouldn't have when it mattered and have more to prove than SF/BAL/NE/ATL.

    //edit

    Also what the fuck is wrong with the guys telling NFL's web dev folks what to do? Nobody wants a video to auto start on every fucking news story jesus fucking christ.
    Thats very true and I still stand by it. Sure my hype levels have gone up since the Percy signing, but as long as our pass rush is better which it fucking better be for how much meat we bought... then I don't see any reason why the Seahawks can't win the division.

    THATS IF we don't get happy with the flags. Not talking about sherman/browner either. The start of the season is always filled with flags from the offensive line ever since Pete Carroll took over.

    Also:



    Works... sometimes.

  5. #7565
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,313
    I like the way things go with draft picks now, its so nice to be in early May and have every draft pick already signed. I was not a big fan of all the lengthy holdouts and inflated contracts.

  6. #7566
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I like the way things go with draft picks now, its so nice to be in early May and have every draft pick already signed. I was not a big fan of all the lengthy holdouts and inflated contracts.
    I like how teams draft by needs now and not who a players agent is before the CBA rookies were getting paid way to much and teams only drafted skill positions instead of needs.

  7. #7567
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,704

  8. #7568
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,154
    Things happen. The first time, you think "well, he'll learn" After three times? Might as well just drop the dumbass.

    Three times in a week? He should spend a year or two in jail. But since he plays football, they'll probably just charge him a meal at a restaurant and tell him to lay off the crime.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  9. #7569
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Things happen. The first time, you think "well, he'll learn" After three times? Might as well just drop the dumbass.

    Three times in a week? He should spend a year or two in jail. But since he plays football, they'll probably just charge him a meal at a restaurant and tell him to lay off the crime.
    Yeah lol. Least Lynch appears to of learned so far. He has his hearing for DUI in June that he got arrested for almost a year ago. Could face a suspension.

    Seahawks offensive draft picks Chris Harper and Luke Willson are having really "impressive" training camps according to Pete Carroll. This is great. I really wanted the TE position to consist of more than one receiver on the team this year. There is also that former basketball player that I haven't heard anything about yet.

    Also interesting, Giants signed Aaron Curry.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-05-12 at 09:10 PM.

  10. #7570
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Things happen. The first time, you think "well, he'll learn" After three times? Might as well just drop the dumbass.

    Three times in a week? He should spend a year or two in jail. But since he plays football, they'll probably just charge him a meal at a restaurant and tell him to lay off the crime.
    Titus Young you mean? Teams won't touch him with a ten foot pole right now. There's a good reason the Rams had him in for a few days and quickly released him again. That guy isn't going to play any time soon. He might see a Pacman Jones recovery where he's semi useful as a third stringer or something, but not for a while yet at least. The guy needs to seek help for his mental issues first, or get court ordered help.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  11. #7571
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,313
    it is remarkable how he has managed to eclipse all the other Detroit Lions WR busts, its quite an accomplishment considering the competition

  12. #7572
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,154
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Titus Young you mean? Teams won't touch him with a ten foot pole right now. There's a good reason the Rams had him in for a few days and quickly released him again. That guy isn't going to play any time soon. He might see a Pacman Jones recovery where he's semi useful as a third stringer or something, but not for a while yet at least. The guy needs to seek help for his mental issues first, or get court ordered help.
    Yeah, teams will ignore him, but I'm mainly talking about the legal aspect of it. He's gonna get off because he's a celebrity. Even after three strikes, he'll get some kind of deal.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  13. #7573
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, teams will ignore him, but I'm mainly talking about the legal aspect of it. He's gonna get off because he's a celebrity. Even after three strikes, he'll get some kind of deal.
    Yeah I always thought it was weird how that happens. It just shows how flawed our legal system is when celebs and athletes are always getting off light. Though I think everyone should be treated equally when they're at the defendants table and that would send the best message, I would think being harder on celebs would send a better message than being lighter.

  14. #7574
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, teams will ignore him, but I'm mainly talking about the legal aspect of it. He's gonna get off because he's a celebrity. Even after three strikes, he'll get some kind of deal.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ars-in-prison/

  15. #7575
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    I still feel like Oakland will pick him up.

    For old time's sake.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  16. #7576
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I still feel like Oakland will pick him up.

    For old time's sake.
    nah, he keeps getting caught, his 40 time must be terrible

  17. #7577
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    nah, he keeps getting caught, his 40 time must be terrible
    Ha


    Anyone seen the pics of the new Vikings stadium to be? It looks gorgeous. I always wonder if that's the way cities/government get pulled in on these kinds of things, cause new prestige buildings always look so damn good when mocked up like this. Seems the whole funding thing is still very much a problem though, with the intended way the public funds were going to be cashed apparently not going well. At least the Vikings and the NFL are mostly paying for this building themselves, I guess.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  18. #7578
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ha


    Anyone seen the pics of the new Vikings stadium to be? It looks gorgeous. I always wonder if that's the way cities/government get pulled in on these kinds of things, cause new prestige buildings always look so damn good when mocked up like this. Seems the whole funding thing is still very much a problem though, with the intended way the public funds were going to be cashed apparently not going well. At least the Vikings and the NFL are mostly paying for this building themselves, I guess.
    It looks interesting. Though the glass on the roof is pointless unless heated. Snow would block it out.


  19. #7579
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    nah, he keeps getting caught, his 40 time must be terrible
    I should not have laughed as much as I did at this.

    I doubt Oakland will pick him up now, old regime? Probably, now he's no chance.

  20. #7580
    James Harrison (former Steeler LB) apparently spends 400k to 600k a year on "body work".

    Harrison explained that he owns a hyperbaric chamber and keeps six different masseuses on his payroll, in addition to a homeopathic doctor, chiropractor and acupuncturist.
    Wow, that's some seriously dedicated way to keep in good shape. Would definitely not spend that much, even if I was a pro athlete. 6 masseuses!
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •