10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Pretty fair predictions. But no playoff spot for Redskins? And it seems the Steelers are getting way too much love generally.

And OT. Raider fans should be fucking pissed off about this off season. Dont know how they can sell a ticket with a straight face.
    They're asking to move to LA, pretty much.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Could be a possibility. Thier lease is up this season and they have nothing lined-up other than talking about a $800 million 56000(smallest in NFL) seat stadium. And it involves public financing which is a long shot. LA wants build them a 75000 seater. Anything could happen.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd better hurry then, cause with the Rams stadium lease becoming year to year they might beat them to it.

Or they both move to L.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a possibility. Thier lease is up this season and they have nothing lined-up other than talking about a $800 million 56000(smallest in NFL) seat stadium. And it involves public financing which is a long shot. LA wants build them a 75000 seater. Anything could happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    They'd better hurry then, cause with the Rams stadium lease becoming year to year they might beat them to it.

Or they both move to L.A.
    Yeah I thought about the rams, ironically both have been in LA before... I'd put more money on the Rams staying.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought about the rams, ironically both have been in LA before... I'd put more money on the Rams staying.
    Spent half my life in SoCal watching the Rams in Anaheim and at the Coliseum. Oakland is the natural home of the Raiders. They belong there.
    Would prefer the Rams coming back(and switching back to LA Rams colors).

But at the end of the day. I would take either. It's nutz to not have a NFL team in a population like LA and have Jacksonville with a team.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the 49ers having a very rough start as well though. That would throw my predictions off and basically put the Seahawks on top if they do. Kaepernick's big passing weapon was Crabtree. I placed the 49ers on top of the Seahawks because I think it will boil down to our D-line vs their O-line. If I had to put money on it, their O-line will win. Clemons and Irvin being out will hurt despite the signings. Until I see them play, I feel like Clemons is unreplaceable in our defense.

Last I heard, Harbaugh is leaning on Richardo Lockette stepping up... who was a Seahawk. He had some locker room issues + wouldn't participate on special teams because he didn't want to.
    I feel the same way, yet I also feel that the defense on SF needs to have Justin Smith in order to succeed, which is why I was so stoked to have gotten several defensive lineman in this year's draft to train behind him.

Harbaugh is counting on any of the young guys to step up, be that Lockette, Jenkins, or Patton. Barring that, if Austin Collie hasn't been singed yet, I know that the FO has been looking at him as a possibility.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I feel the same way, yet I also feel that the defense on SF needs to have Justin Smith in order to succeed, which is why I was so stoked to have gotten several defensive lineman in this year's draft to train behind him.

Harbaugh is counting on any of the young guys to step up, be that Lockette, Jenkins, or Patton. Barring that, if Austin Collie hasn't been singed yet, I know that the FO has been looking at him as a possibility.
    Is Manningham doing good with his recovery? I honestly haven't heard anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Just curious Jibjab why you think Wilson will slump? With the additions I am thinking he will flourish. I am ofcourse bias but trying to see why you are thinking that. That is like me saying i think Kap will slump (don't think that lol) just sayin.
    I think teams will be able to gameplan against Wilson moreso than last year. Unlike the other rookies he wasnt really the focal point on the team coming in, teams were typically going to focus on stopping Lynch. I think this year Wilson will be the focus and D-Coordinators will find ways to make his height an issue or finding ways to counter the motion that Seattle frequently puts Wilson in. Wouldnt surprise me if Kaepernick didnt play great this year either honestly, but I feel the super bowl experience will help him.

Kinda surprised people are picking the Vikings again. I find it hard to believe they will be back in the postseason with Ponder as the QB. I would favor Bears and Lions over them honestly, and other teams like the Saints possibly even the Bucs/Rams.

Deleted
    Pretty fair predictions. But no playoff spot for Redskins? And it seems the Steelers are getting way too much love generally.

And OT. Raider fans should be fucking pissed off about this off season. Dont know how they can sell a ticket with a straight face.
    If Roethlisberger can stay healty they are differently the best team in that division. Flacco had a lucky streak in the playoffs earlier this year and he got his big pay day. I don't see him as an "elite" QB. The Bengals are the real joker team in NFL. They could win everything or lose everything, I don't really know what to think.

Also RG3 to get injured or option play to be shut down across the board, just like the wild card, so Redskins won't get to playoffs. The 49ers and Seahawks can still rely on defence a lot more than the Redskins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we will just have to disagree on Wilson there Jib. They brought him along very smartly IMO, giving him more and better plays as the season progressed and by the end of the season he was able to do anything asked of him. He had a kick ass TD/Int ratio making few mistakes. The Hawks backfield is STACKED atm, Turbin is a nice change of pace and Michael is solid as well.

No need to say anything about what Harvin will add to the team (all the ppl that try and say he won't be available need to use the interwebz and see the whole headache deal is long in the past), Tate has been progressing and if Rice is healthy there should be solid production. The only thing on the offensive side they lost was McCoy and Willson is a upgrade at TE. The only thing that really bummed me out was Mack Strong I have always LOVED that dude. He just quietly did his job and did it well.

Willson is solid as a pocket passer as well as running the option which you can see by the way he can move around in or out of the pocket and find passing lanes, he doesn't have to bring it in and run. The whole height thing is a non issue proven last year by the number of passes he got swatted in his face or the lack of I should say. Seriously the dude has been the same height all his life and did not have a issue getting passes swatted in college either.

Yes I am a longtime fanboy, going back to the 70's begging mom to vote for the initiatives to fund the Kingdome so she could takes me and sis to see games. Not trying to crown him king or put him in the HoF (I don't even want to make any predictions about the teams finish this yr out of fear of throwin the mojo on them LOL) I am just saying I do not see him slumping with the way he was playing toward the end of the year and the additions they made.

I just can't wait for the next few season with the Seahawk/Niner rivaly it is going to be fun with all the shit talking that shall be done between me and my cousins who are huge Niner fans. The way it is shaping up both teams are going to be very competitive and IMO stomping on the NFC for the few years.

Go ahead MMOchamper's, flame away at me, I have been a Hawk fan for so long my skin is pretty thick from the years of abuse LOL

*edit almost forgot GO HAWKS! LOL
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2013-07-18 at 07:48 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Jaws highlights one of my favorite throws from Wilson. Across the body throwing, and making it look easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manningham's rehab is going according to schedule, he should be back around the start of the season as far as I know. Which is fantastic, before he got hurt he was glue, caught everything thrown his way. I will still miss Crabtree on third down, he can be a monster after the catch.

I want to see how teams plan against Wilson versus Kaep, the Ravens hitting of Kaep worked, but was really risky in the likleyhood of getting flags thrown. Both are great pocket passers with the ability to run, Kaep is a bigger target for taking shots though.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah this is delightful, apparently a group of Seahawks fans are putting money together to buy a brick in the new 49'ers stadium.
    This brick can have some text on it, leading to hilarious stuff.

From the article about it:

The Levi's Stadium Foundation reserves the right to reject any text, so the surreptitious purchase most likely will have to be more incognito than the "Go Hawks" phrase suggested by many fans.

Other proposals include:

» Great Ones Have Achieved Wisdom Knowing Success -- First letter of each word spells "Go Hawks."

» BALTY -- An acronym of "better at life than you," which spawned after Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman's memorable offseason interview with ESPN.

» What's your deal? -- Question posed by then-USC coach Pete Carroll to then-Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh when the two coaches squared off at the college level.

» 12>49 -- Self-explanatory. The 12th Man is greater than the 49ers.
    The lengths people will go through to one up the opposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Manningham's rehab is going according to schedule, he should be back around the start of the season as far as I know. Which is fantastic, before he got hurt he was glue, caught everything thrown his way. I will still miss Crabtree on third down, he can be a monster after the catch.

I want to see how teams plan against Wilson versus Kaep, the Ravens hitting of Kaep worked, but was really risky in the likleyhood of getting flags thrown. Both are great pocket passers with the ability to run, Kaep is a bigger target for taking shots though.
    Refs shouldn't throw flags unless hes going down for a slide. Once they start running, they are treated as a RB would be. The reason why there wasn't too many flags in the SB is because they don't want another super bowl XL. NFL will never admit it, but it was a poorly officiated game. The ref even said so.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ah this is delightful, apparently a group of Seahawks fans are putting money together to buy a brick in the new 49'ers stadium.
    This brick can have some text on it, leading to hilarious stuff.

From the article about it:

The lengths people will go through to one up the opposition.
    I think its kinda a shitty idea. 49er fans will clearly destroy the brick, lol.

I did buy a brick.

I am loving the Seahawk/49er tension lately. It builds the NFC west, which, 3 years ago was considered a laughing stock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I did buy a brick.

I am loving the Seahawk/49er tension lately. It builds the NFC west, which, 3 years ago was considered a laughing stock.
    Yeah no joke. That was probably the most surprising part about the 2012 season is the rise of the NFC West. Cards for some reason were really good for 1/4 the season, Rams weren't a push off either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFC West is becoming a 600 lb gorilla. The Niner's/Hawk battle for the next few yrs is going to be great but I also think the Rams are on the verge of a breakthrough and it would not surprise me if the Cards are markedly better with the addition of Palmer and other moves. both teams showed to be competitive at different points during last season. Don't think either are ready to pose a real challenge to Hawks and Niner's at the top yet but the Ram's were only a few players from being solid last year and if the Card's start like last year and could keep it going with their additions they could both supprise a lot of teams. Should be fun to watch for sure. Could turn into one of if not the most brutal divisions in the league.

Kinda hoping Mathieu doesn't fall into his old traps, it looks like they have got some players surrounding him that should help him keep it clean and give him some good guidance. The kid has talent and is fun to watch for sure.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Refs shouldn't throw flags unless hes going down for a slide. Once they start running, they are treated as a RB would be. The reason why there wasn't too many flags in the SB is because they don't want another super bowl XL. NFL will never admit it, but it was a poorly officiated game. The ref even said so.
    I am talking about after he handed the ball off on a running play, a defensive end or OLD would give him a bump that basically said "We have our eye on you." It wasn't really hard enough to knock him off his feet most of the time, but Brady and Manning the Elder would have been screaming for a flag every time.

The Rams are definitely looking up, the Cards have a possibility of being better, but the lost Horton, who was a terrific defensive coordinator, and kept them in games, the also don't really have an offensive line besides the rookie guard out of UNC.

The Rams are my sleeper team to get the third wild card spot (yes, I think they will be better than the Saints this year, they are playing the AFCW and the NFCS, two fairly easy divisions other than the top teams.)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I did buy a brick.

Who would have ever predicted the SF/Sea rivalry when Seattle came over to NFC west? Love it. Great for the game.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyle Williams, Kendall Hunter, and Mario Manningham are on the PUP list, which I think means that they won't be able to play in games at least until around week 6 or so, I am not sure if that goes for before the season starts. That is three people that are likely going to contribute highly this season out for awhile, and counting to the roster numbers as well.