10+ Year Old Account
    A couple funny things about the Madden commercial.

1, when Kaepernick as a kid is being swarmed by hawks, his helmet has the same stripe pattern as the old Miami Dolphins helmets.

2, when Wilson in game scores the TD, they are wearing are our old pants. In the previous clip the pants are the current ones though.

My friend actually just picked up Madden. Seattle and SF are the most OP teams. SF is lacking Manningham and Crabtree while Seattle still has Harvin. Plus whoever does stats for that game really doesn't watch the players at all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So we're just glossing over the fact that he wanted to make sure he was in a system where he would be successful? Ok, that makes sense.

We gloss over the fact he just had to hand the ball off to Frank gore and co to an easy path to the superbowl. If that's too much to take in.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...before-arrest/

Wow, some more serious fucking dirt not only on Hernandez, but Florida and Urban Meyer.
    Sounds like mostly old rumours dug up and polished up again to be presented as fresh facts. Some of them make little sense, like the part of being on a short leash with Belichick, but then getting a contract extension, in Aug last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    We gloss over the fact he just had to hand the ball off to Frank gore and co to an easy path to the superbowl. If that's too much to take in.
    you act as if Denver didn't cruise to a division title (where they won as many games as the other 3 teams in their division combined) and #1 seed in the conference

System matters. You can say that all he has to do is hand it to Gore, but that's extremely simplistic and you should know it. Or are you just a Frisco fan feeling a bit spurned? If you get Manning and tell him that he can't run his offense, then why the hell did you want Manning? A lot of his value as a quarterback comes from his ability to read defenses and be an offensive coordinator on the field. If you don't want him to do that, than you wanted another guy anyway.

Preseason last year, I was the guy saying that he should go to San Fransisco as well. I did so on these very boards. Since Denver was the one seed last year and figures to repeat as that again, I'd say it worked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted Manning, but for different reasons than others, I wanted him for a Favre / Rogers esque handoff at quarterback with Manning and Kaepernick. I wanted him to also help teach Kaep, in hindsight now, I am perfectly fine with what happened, but I was one of those Niners fans wanting Smith gone for his previous failures, I wasn't about to want to see another year of Smith at QB. As I said, hindsight is 20/20, but I was constantly howling for Smith's head, even if I knew it was more of the constant regime changes that led to his failure at SF.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Was looking at the cuts, and thought it was wierd that the Saints had the least amount of people who they cut., I guess they knew who they really wanted then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Was looking at the cuts, and thought it was wierd that the Saints had the least amount of people who they cut., I guess they knew who they really wanted then.
    Probably also helped that they have 7 guys on reserve or PUP list that don't count against roster spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I wanted Manning, but for different reasons than others, I wanted him for a Favre / Rogers esque handoff at quarterback with Manning and Kaepernick. I wanted him to also help teach Kaep, in hindsight now, I am perfectly fine with what happened, but I was one of those Niners fans wanting Smith gone for his previous failures, I wasn't about to want to see another year of Smith at QB. As I said, hindsight is 20/20, but I was constantly howling for Smith's head, even if I knew it was more of the constant regime changes that led to his failure at SF.
    Speaking of QB handoffs I wonder which of these will be considered the best when its all said and done.

Montana to Young
    Favre to Rodgers
    Manning to Luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Speaking of QB handoffs I wonder which of these will be considered the best when its all said and done.

Montana to Young
    Favre to Rodgers
    Manning to Luck
    A very interesting point you bring up there, but what about the Pat's Brady to Mallet combo if Mallet pans out? That is another strong candidate should things work out well.

Another question, is Luke Kuechly really all that? Or is he just the guy who is jumping on tackles that are being made already? To me he just shouldn't be #22 on the defensive players deal that ESPN is putting out, I am glad that the offensive side is giving a ton of O-linemen the credit they are due thoguh, unlike the NFL's "top players" thing.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

Montana to Young
    Favre to Rodgers
    Manning to Luck
    Has to be Rodgers right? Young inherited a studly team and ended up with one ring 5 years after Montana's last. When the Packers won in 2010, it had been 14 years since their last Super Bowl win, 13 years since their last appearance and they had only won the division once in the previous 6 years. Young has two MVPs to Rodgers one, seven Pro Bowls to Rodgers three, four first teams to Rodgers one. Rodgers has a whole bunch of career yet to go though. I'd bet money Rodgers wins another MVP and he definitely has a shot at winning another Super Bowl. Impossible to judge where Luck will end up.

- - - Updated - - -

Another question, is Luke Kuechly really all that? Or is he just the guy who is jumping on tackles that are being made already? To me he just shouldn't be #22 on the defensive players deal that ESPN is putting out, I am glad that the offensive side is giving a ton of O-linemen the credit they are due thoguh, unlike the NFL's "top players" thing.
    Kuechly is real good man. You see his highlights from the Ravens game last week? He put on a show. End of the year, he will have justified that #22 or even outperformed it. He is the next star linebacker in the NFL.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    System matters. You can say that all he has to do is hand it to Gore, but that's extremely simplistic and you should know it. Or are you just a Frisco fan feeling a bit spurned? If you get Manning and tell him that he can't run his offense, then why the hell did you want Manning? A lot of his value as a quarterback comes from his ability to read defenses and be an offensive coordinator on the field. If you don't want him to do that, than you wanted another guy anyway.

Preseason last year, I was the guy saying that he should go to San Fransisco as well. I did so on these very boards. Since Denver was the one seed last year and figures to repeat as that again, I'd say it worked out.
    So you agree with me?

@Draynay
    you act as if Denver didn't cruise to a division title (where they won as many games as the other 3 teams in their division combined) and #1 seed in the conference
    Ok.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very interesting point you bring up there, but what about the Pat's Brady to Mallet combo if Mallet pans out? That is another strong candidate should things work out well.
    When's the last time you saw Mallet actually play? The guy is a decent back up, but he has some serious flaws, like not being able to throw a decent short ball to save his life. To put him in a category with Rodgers and Young is almost blasphemy. Even Luck is much better then him, and I have serious reservations if he can be the all pro stud, future hall of famer that people make him out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I am a Patriots hater through and through, so the last time I saw him play was when he was in ARK. He seemed like the kind of guy who you draft and place behind a Brady, or a Peyton Manning: and watch the success when they are gone.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mallett is more of a Flacco type QB. Tall,(I think he was listed at like 6'7 or 6'8 when he played at Arkansas) can probably throw a 100 yard pass, and has limited mobility. I think if the Pats was serious about grooming him he could turn out pretty well.

So you agree with me?
    I agree that San Fransisco was a viable option. I disagree that it was anything but a football reason that affected his decision. I also thought Denver was a good option.

On the QB handoff, since Young is a Hall of Famer, isn't that a no-brainer? I mean, I'd take Young in his prime over Rodgers right now.

So you agree with me?
    so are you actually one of those people are or you just bored and on the internet

I agree that San Fransisco was a viable option. I disagree that it was anything but a football reason that affected his decision. I also thought Denver was a good option.

On the QB handoff, since Young is a Hall of Famer, isn't that a no-brainer? I mean, I'd take Young in his prime over Rodgers right now.
    Well i mean when they all retire, which duo will be viewed as the best. I admit I havent really seen much of Montana-Young that was before I got into football. I have seen a lot of Favre-Rodgers which is probably why imo that combo will be considered the best since Rodgers could arguably go down as one of the top 3 QBs ever. The man is absurd. Luck the jury is out so obviously hard to tell. As for Manning I always thought he was the best QB of the last generation (over Brady). I acknowledge his team failures in the postseason but football unlike a sport like basketball cant be won mostly based on the play of one game, even the quarterback.

15+ Year Old Account
    The NFL settled its concussion lawsuit to the tune of $765 million which funds compensation, future testing, and research. Settlement means the NFL doesn't have to disclose any information about what they knew about the dangers of concussions and how long they were sweeping it under the rug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The NFL settled its concussion lawsuit to the tune of $765 million which funds compensation, future testing, and research. Settlement means the NFL doesn't have to disclose any information about what they knew about the dangers of concussions and how long they were sweeping it under the rug.
    Was just about to come and link this story. This is like a complete garbage win for the league. I read they need to pay the cash over the next 16 years. With the profits the made and still make and the reserves they undoubtedly set apart for this occasion this is just a drop in the bucket.

I also wonder just how much of this money actually goes to the cause and how much goes to the lawyers that made the deal.